Author Topic: Remember John Kerry's service medals he threw away? Wore them for King Chuck  (Read 268 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Viewers Noticed Something Strange About John Kerry at King Charles' Coronation

Amid the fanfare of King Charles' coronation over the weekend, it was easy to miss President Biden's climate czar John Kerry — who flew to the U.K. without regard for the emissions his travel necessitated — sitting in attendance at the official ceremony.

There were some, however, who did pick Kerry out in the crowd and noted something interesting about his appearance. Dressed in a suit, the former Secretary of State was weighed down with service medals from the United States military...the medals he previously was publicly proud to discard as a show of his allegedly strongly held convictions.

You see, back in 1971, a much-younger John Kerry told WRC-TV on November 6, 1971, that he "gave back" the medals he earned with his service in Vietnam. He, along with other anti-war veterans who discarded their honors, Kerry said at the time, "decided to give them back to their country."

When asked whether he'd returned a Bronze Star, a Silver Star, and three Purple Hearts he received for his combat service, Kerry replied that he had and "above that, gave back the others."

Kerry was a leader among anti-war veterans and led them in a protest in Washington, D.C. According to news reports in 1971, "many veterans were seen throwing their medals and ribbons over the fence in front of the U.S. Capitol," and a handful of outlets "reported that Kerry was among these veterans," according to ABC News.

Then this weekend, there Kerry sat at King Charles' coronation, wearing medals he'd thrown away decades ago.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2023/05/08/so-john-kerry-found-his-discarded-medals-in-time-for-kings-coronation-n2622951
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

Wasn’t there some scandal with him and his service in Vietnam ?
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Typical liberal. Lies over substance. It is more important to remember that he said that he gave them all back rather than discover he lied.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Wasn’t there some scandal with him and his service in Vietnam ?

He served in the Navy on a Swift Boat. When he ran for prezzie in 2004, the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" became very vocal about Kerry's service - meaning, of course, they thought very poorly of him.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
He served in the Navy on a Swift Boat. When he ran for prezzie in 2004, the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" became very vocal about Kerry's service - meaning, of course, they thought very poorly of him.

Well, considering what John F'n Commie was claiming about the details of his swift boat service - claiming to have, in violation of the Geneva Conventions, ordered the killing of civilian women and children, as well as claiming to have taken his boat and crew into Cambodia (a full year before any record of US forces of ANY sort were tasked with interdiction of the NVA logistics network on the Ho Chi Minh trail  there admits to) are the ones that spring readily to mind - can you blame them for thinking that way?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Well, considering what John F'n Commie was claiming about the details of his swift boat service - claiming to have, in violation of the Geneva Conventions, ordered the killing of civilian women and children, as well as claiming to have taken his boat and crew into Cambodia (a full year before any record of US forces of ANY sort were tasked with interdiction of the NVA logistics network on the Ho Chi Minh trail  there admits to) are the ones that spring readily to mind - can you blame them for thinking that way?

I think Kerry is a ketchup-stained asswipe who learned early on how to be a grandstanding, narcissistic jackwagon. Beyond that, there are those who were part of the Swift Boat unit who had no issue with him, but that could be just because Kerry was hunkered down when the shooting started.

One account I read said that it was common for Purple Hearts to be handed out like candy among the Swift Boaters. Allegedly, Kerry's three Purple Hearts were awarded for scratches received during a firefight, which could very well have happened from the rocket shrapnel from the Swift Boat itself. Kerry never spent time in a hospital for any wound. Just bandaged up and sent back to the boat.

The more notable thing, however, is he's gussied up very purty with the medals that he supposedly "gave back." I guess it was time to showboat and primp before royalty, so he went back to D.C. and picked up a new set.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.