Author Topic: OK, Must ask, anyone *else* switching to NEWSMAX in here? I am!  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: OK, Must ask, anyone *else* switching to NEWSMAX in here? I am!
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2023, 06:48:38 AM »
Yes Euph,  is Greta van Susteren, can't stay at moment and yes, am taking advantage of my female prerogative coming back in here!  Ha! Ha! :-)

Earlier on posted info re Newsmax, on the "Shout Box" ... but as usual, posts in there don't stay very long!   :(  Oh well, here is link I gave in there  for you to see.  https://www.newsmaxtv.com/#schedule-section

~ ABC

Ah, yes. There she is. Last I heard, she was with CNN -- but there are no real journalists there any more. I always had the impression she was sharp, focused, and certainly not woke. Glad to see she's still around.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2023, 08:04:53 AM »
Newsmax is debuting a new show tonight at 9pm EDT, "Chris Plante: The Right Squad". Been enjoying Chris' morning show on WMAL out of Washington DC for about 7 years, and if his TV show is a reasonable facsimile of the radio gig, it should be great to watch. Apparently it is supposed to be a panel show perhaps similar to "The Five".  That's about all I know regarding the format. I'm going to give it a shot tonight.

Here is Chris Plante's bio via Newsmax:

Chris Plante
Host of Chris Plante The Right Squad

Why Watch Chris Plante

Chris Plante and his “THE RIGHT SQUAD” are the most interesting, informative and funny group of talking heads in the world!

It’s a big claim. But it’s true!

Few TV news hosts can claim the bona fides of Chris Plante.

Award-winning news correspondent. Top-rated syndicated radio host. A news analyst grounded in the real world – with a flair for humor.

During the day, Chris hosts the popular “The Chris Plante Show” radio program from Washington, D.C.’s powerhouse WMAL – and syndicated by Westwood One across the nation.

And every weekday night he’s at Newsmax’s D.C. studio leading “THE RIGHT SQUAD.”

On his show he demands fact-based news, fact-based opinion and even fact-based laughs!

For over a decade Chris served a CNN correspondent reporting from all across the globe while covering the Pentagon, with a focus on military, national security and intelligence.

Chris received the Edward R. Murrow Award for his outstanding coverage from the Pentagon on September 11th, 2001.

He is no stranger to war. He covered Operation Desert Shield following Saddam Hussein’s invasion of Kuwait, running news pool operations from Saudi Arabia.

In his role as a reporter and producer, Chris has piloted fighter jets, flown off of aircraft carriers, driven nuclear-powered warships and jumped out of perfectly good airplanes.

He has covered everything from Presidential Inaugurations to the everyday politics of Washington, D.C. and even street crime.

Old school journalism is in Chris’ blood. The son of famed CBS correspondent Bill Plante, he’s the third generation of his family to thrive in radio and television news.

And he may be the only Washington journalist to have been awarded both the Edward R. Murrow Award and the Reed Irvine Accuracy In Media Award For Excellence In Journalism.

Chris lives in Washington, D.C. with his wife.

https://www.newsmaxtv.com/host-bios
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 08:07:27 AM by Ralph Wiggum »
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2023, 06:52:01 PM »
Psst!  Don't tell anyone, but am sneakng in to watch Jesse Watters on Fox at the moment!  Shame, shame on me!  :)

But I DO still miss him, and fear that his days are numbered with them as well, because he speaks his mind! ...

And hope that thereafter, he will show up soon somewhere else!

~ ABC
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 06:54:10 PM by ABC-2 »
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2023, 06:58:59 PM »
Newsmax is debuting a new show tonight at 9pm EDT, "Chris Plante: The Right Squad". Been enjoying Chris' morning show on WMAL out of Washington DC for about 7 years, and if his TV show is a reasonable facsimile of the radio gig, it should be great to watch. Apparently it is supposed to be a panel show perhaps similar to "The Five".  That's about all I know regarding the format. I'm going to give it a shot tonight.

Good show on your part Ralphie ...

I can't wait to see it at 9 pm my time!

~ ABC  :cheersmate:
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)