Author Topic: Larry Elder Announces Presidential Bid  (Read 417 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Larry Elder Announces Presidential Bid
« on: April 21, 2023, 07:13:57 AM »
I like Elder, but he's pissing in the wind on this one.

There’s another Republican in the running for President in 2024. On Thursday, Larry Elder, conservative commentator and talk show host, announced that he is throwing his hat in the ring.

In his tweet, announcing his candidacy, Elder stated:

America is in decline, but this decline is not inevitable. We can enter a new American Golden Age, but we must choose a leader who can bring us there. That’s why I’m running for President.

Elder, who previously ran for Governor of California in a bid to unseat Democrat Gavin Newsom, made the announcement on Tucker Carlson’s show Thursday evening.

Noting that when he ran for governor in California, he was called “the black face of white supremacy,” Elder told Carlson:

My announcement, Tucker, is that I am announcing that I am running for the Presidency of the United States on your program. And thank you so much for giving me this honor and this platform. My website is ElderforPresident.com…And, Tucker, the reason I’m doing this is because, you know, my father was a World War II vet — he served on the island of Guam, he was a marine.

The 70-year-old was a top contender to replace Newsom, though that bid ultimately failed.

Elder, a longtime conservative commentator and popular nationally syndicated radio host, easily topped the field of replacement candidates in California’s gubernatorial recall election in September 2021 that Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom convincingly survived. Elder passed on taking on Newsom a second time when the governor easily won reelection last year.

https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2023/04/20/breaking-larry-elder-announces-presidential-bid-n734446
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Online Old n Grumpy

Re: Larry Elder Announces Presidential Bid
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 10:15:01 AM »
I totally agree, he couldn’t oust governor nuisance in California so he doesn’t have the recognition or resources to win a national election
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 01:56:48 PM »
I totally agree, he couldn’t oust governor nuisance in California so he doesn’t have the recognition or resources to win a national election

I suspect Elder's defeat in California had more to do with the Dim'Rat election rigging machine that dominates that state than any shortfall on Elder's part.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2023, 05:29:06 PM »
I suspect Elder's defeat in California had more to do with the Dim'Rat election rigging machine that dominates that state than any shortfall on Elder's part.

You are probably right but with winning a presidential election is a long expensive process and I don’t think he has the money name recognition or the resources to get to the finish line let alone survive the primaries.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!