Author Topic: Trump Supporter Found Guilty, Faces Ten Years in Prison for 2016 Anti-Hillary Me  (Read 788 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Trump Supporter Found Guilty, Faces Ten Years in Prison for 2016 Anti-Hillary Meme
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/robert-spencer/2023/03/31/trump-supporter-found-guilty-faces-ten-years-in-prison-for-2016-anti-hillary-meme-n1683566

Donald Trump has been indicted, essentially for the crime of being Donald Trump and opposing the Left’s total hegemony over everything. But as Trump himself has often warned, they’re not really after him, they’re after us, and he is just in the way. A 33-year-old Trump supporter named Douglass Mackey discovered the truth of that adage in the worst possible way on Friday, the first day of America as a Leftist banana republic in which foes of the regime are targeted solely for their opposition to that regime. Mackey was convicted of election interference and faces up to ten years in prison, all because of a meme he tweeted during the 2016 election. Yes, you read that right: a meme.

Back during the wild and woolly days of that campaign, according to a Friday press release from the “Justice” Department, Mackey, under the name Ricky Vaughn, “established an audience on Twitter with approximately 58,000 followers. A February 2016 analysis by the MIT Media Lab ranked Mackey as the 107th most important influencer of the then-upcoming Presidential Election.” The Justice for Democrats Department didn’t bother to explain exactly what it means to have held a position so illustrious as that of the 107th most important influencer of the 2016 presidential election. How did the DOJ go about determining this? Did it somehow discover that Mackey/Vaughn had induced a certain number of people to change their votes, but that 106 other people had gotten people to change more votes?

These are actually important questions because on Friday, Mackey was convicted “by a federal jury in Brooklyn of the charge of Conspiracy Against Rights stemming from his scheme to deprive individuals of their constitutional right to vote.” That’s what he faces ten years in prison for doing. Mackey’s “conspiracy” was really quite simple. While the language the Department Formerly Associated with Justice used sounds quite weighty and conjures up images of Mackey meeting in dark rooms with other sinister figures to plot ways to sabotage voting machines or prevent people from being able to enter polling places, what they’re really talking about is a meme.

This looks politically motivated. Douglass Mackey was tried in Brooklyn.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
BREAKING: Federal appellate court sides with Douglass Mackey in meme case, drops prison sentence until after appeal
https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-prison-sentence-of-douglass-mackey-stayed-by-federal-court-pending-appeal

The 7-month prison sentence of Douglass Mackey has been stayed per a federal judge. He was convicted in March for circulating a satirical meme that encouraged Hillary Clinton voters to cast their votes via text in the lead up to the 2016 election.

The Motion Order reads: "granting motion for release pending appeal, at docket entry 16 Mackey's surrender date is stated. The Discrict Court is ordered to determinet the appropriate terms of release, without prejudice to the government's making a future request for detention, on behalf of Appellant Douglass Mackey, It is further ordered that this appeal is expedited. Mackey's initial brief will be due on or before January 5, 2024. The government's response will be due on or before February 5, 2024. Mackey's reply brief will be due on or before February 20, 2024. The Clerk is directed to calendar this appeal as soon as practicable after February 20, 2024."

The motion was signed by Judge Omar Williams of the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut.

Mackey spoke about the motion on X, saying that "The Second Circuit Court of Appeals just overruled the District Court in granting our motion for bond pending appeal. This ruling is huge because it means that the appeals court decided that my appeal presents 'substantial' and 'debatable' issues of law that, if resolved in my favor, will result in my conviction being vacated. The prosecution, on the other hand, argued that my appeal was frivolous and that this was a typical election crime case like any other in U.S. history. This is a very encouraging step towards vindication."

Douglass Mackey has his prison sentence dropped per appeal.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Yep.  It's as good as a full exoneration.

We're still coming-after the Left over this. 

Offline Old n Grumpy

Yep.  It's as good as a full exoneration.

We're still coming-after the Left over this.

He may be exonerated but they put him through hell and who knows what financial consequences he has.

In the end they got their revenge  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!