Author Topic: The woke war against JK Rowling has utterly failed... and here’s the proof  (Read 768 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.yahoo.com/news/woke-war-against-jk-rowling-070000904.html

The woke war against JK Rowling has utterly failed... and here’s the proof

If ever proof were needed that Twitter is not the real world, here it is. For months, legions of militant online activists furiously campaigned for a boycott of Hogwarts Legacy, the new Harry Potter video game, in protest against JK Rowling’s alleged transphobia. News of this boycott was widely covered in the media both here and in the US. So how well did it go?

Put it like this. The game was finally released two weeks ago. And so far, it has sold an astonishing 12 million copies, making it by far the biggest game of the year to date.

So, in short: no, the boycott did not work out entirely as planned. In fact, it’s hard to imagine how it could have backfired more spectacularly. For all their shrill, self-pitying demands, the anti-Rowling activists have been trounced. Ordinary people, out in the real world, simply didn’t care what they thought. A salutary lesson, you might hope, for all those businesses that quake in fear of displeasing the social media mob. Come to think of it, I wonder whether I can persuade these same activists to announce that they’re boycotting my columns. That should send Telegraph subscriptions through the roof.

<<<SNIP>>>

Good article and if more reporters/opinion writers would write like this, some of the woke BS would probably stop.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Online Old n Grumpy

If the woke mob heard, we don’t care what you think more often they would go away :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I despise her politics (she's an unabashed proglodyte -- without the sexual angles --) but she puts her money where her mouth is.

She was once the richest woman in the world, but she gave away so much money that that "distinction" or "ranking" has been reduced.

Good on her. I respect consistency and principle, even when the politics don't quite align with mine.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Online Old n Grumpy

People need to understand that the internet and specially social media is not the real world. Just because a few people put up a fuss about something it doesn’t mean it’s mainstream  :thatsright:

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline RuralNc

People need to understand that the internet and specially social media is not the real world. Just because a few people put up a fuss about something it doesn’t mean it’s mainstream  :thatsright:

The internet, especially Social Media, is a damn curse on humanity. Far as im concerned.

Online Old n Grumpy

The internet, especially Social Media, is a damn curse on humanity. Far as im concerned.

I have to agree with you 1,000%

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?

I disagree.  The internet is like capitalism, republicanism, individual rights, and so many other conservative principles.  It requires informed participants with a moral base to function for everyone's benefits.  If the people are pragmatic, ignorant, and/or not engaged, the abusers turn the system to doo-doo. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired

Agreed -- which is why I never gravitated toward Twatter (yes, that's a deliberate misspelling) and why I shitcanned Fakebook (another deliberate misspelling) 2.5 years ago. All of those "platforms" solve nothing, generate antipathy, and otherwise illustrate just how ****ed up we are.

Sigh.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I disagree.  The internet is like capitalism, republicanism, individual rights, and so many other conservative principles.  It requires informed participants with a moral base to function for everyone's benefits.  If the people are pragmatic, ignorant, and/or not engaged, the abusers turn the system to doo-doo.

The internet is one thing. Social media is quite another.

Offline freedumb2003b

I despise her politics (she's an unabashed proglodyte -- without the sexual angles --) but she puts her money where her mouth is.

She was once the richest woman in the world, but she gave away so much money that that "distinction" or "ranking" has been reduced.

Good on her. I respect consistency and principle, even when the politics don't quite align with mine.

I agree that she is as shrill a feminazi as there is but she also recognizes that there are men and there are women and men pretending to be women screws up everything.  The fact it completely undermines feminaziism just makes it fun to watch.

It has been hilarious watching the gamers just ignore the screams of "If you buy this game you are HAAAAATTTTEEEEFFFUUUL!" Because science is hate, you see.  Hogwarts Legacy looks like it will be one of the best-selling games in a long time and there is already solid talk about a companion game really soon.

I follow this stuff because I like YT sites liek Clownfish and Nerdrotic.

My microwave has been on overtime popping popcorn on this one.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I agree that she is as shrill a feminazi as there is but she also recognizes that there are men and there are women and men pretending to be women screws up everything.  The fact it completely undermines feminaziism just makes it fun to watch.

It has been hilarious watching the gamers just ignore the screams of "If you buy this game you are HAAAAATTTTEEEEFFFUUUL!" Because science is hate, you see.  Hogwarts Legacy looks like it will be one of the best-selling games in a long time and there is already solid talk about a companion game really soon.

I follow this stuff because I like YT sites liek Clownfish and Nerdrotic.

My microwave has been on overtime popping popcorn on this one.

I've been watching all the screechers, screeching about how they are going to cancel the gamers if they play the game and post it.  It has been a hoot!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ADsOutburst

Oh look, the crazed leftist ****-ups don't always win.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Never read the books, watched the films, nor paid much attention to her troubles, but I played about an hour of the game and it's visually stunning.  I'll get back to it at some point.  It's just not compelling.  I prefer a game like Dishonored, where the hyper-reality has a yesterday's tomorrow feel.