Author Topic: California police identify gunman in Monterey attack that killed 10 people, inju  (Read 295 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
'He intended to kill more': Monterey mass shooter slaughtered 10 with magazine-fed semi-automatic pistol and wanted to continue murder spree before heroes wrestled weapon away: Huu Can Tran, 72, took his life with handgun during police standoff
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11664139/SWAT-team-locked-standoff-white-van-linked-mass-shooting.html

The gunman who slaughtered 10 people during Chinese Lunar New Year celebrations in Monterey, California was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in the van he used to flee after his attempt at a second shooting that was thwarted by 'hero' patrons.

Los Angeles County Sheriff Robert Luna identified the gunman as 72-year-old Huu Can Tran. He added the motive for the attack is still unclear.

'He intended to kill more people,'  Los Angeles County Sheriff Robert Luna said in a news conference. Sunday night. 'They saved lives,' he said of the patrons. 'This could've been much worse.'

The weapon suspected to have been used in the mass shooting was a magazine-fed semi-automatic assault pistol, which was also found in the van, Luna said.

Huu Can Tran opened fire at a Lunar New Year celebration that claimed 10 lives.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 08:19:40 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
The weapon suspected to have been used in the mass shooting was a magazine-fed semi-automatic assault pistol, which was also found in the van, Luna said.

Luna is allegedly the LA County Sheriff. He should understand what the term "assault" means when it applies to a military rifle (select-fire) and what the term does NOT mean when it applies to a pistol caliber carbine or even a semi-automatic pistol with an extended magazine, which is what the perp used.

God help us all. Even the dumbass sheriff of LA County doesn't know what the term "assault" means.  :whatever:

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline ADsOutburst

Luna is allegedly the LA County Sheriff. He should understand what the term "assault" means when it applies to a military rifle (select-fire) and what the term does NOT mean when it applies to a pistol caliber carbine or even a semi-automatic pistol with an extended magazine, which is what the perp used.

God help us all. Even the dumbass sheriff of LA County doesn't know what the term "assault" means.  :whatever:

I'm a bit confounded whenever I hear the term "assault weapon". Like, is a weapon supposed to not be for assault?

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
I'm a bit confounded whenever I hear the term "assault weapon".
[snip]

That's by design of the leftist scum who intentionally belabor and pretzelate the "term"...

:popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I'm a bit confounded whenever I hear the term "assault weapon". Like, is a weapon supposed to not be for assault?

For most law-abiding citizens, a weapon is DEFENSIVE in nature when used. No "assault" intended, except by the anti-gun mob who keep gravitating toward that term. They deliberately use that word to inflame, obfuscate, lie, and misrepresent.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.