Author Topic: Musk Says 'Enough Is Enough'. Buys 9% Of Twitter  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Musk Says 'Enough Is Enough'. Buys 9% Of Twitter
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2022, 06:42:03 AM »
Musk also reportedly told employees their butts need to be in the office 40 hours a week -- or GTFO.

No more "working from anywhere".
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2022, 07:20:25 PM »
Twitter Employee Demonstrates the Entitled Mentality of Silicon Valley Before Musk Axes Him
https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2022/11/14/twitter-employee-demonstrates-the-entitled-mentality-of-silicon-valley-before-musk-axes-him-n658834

California culture is often referred to as a “bubble.” Listen to some of the coastal elite on the west coast for more than 10 minutes and you’ll begin to see a self-inflicted kind of ignorance where facts and logic take a back seat to emotions and virtue signaling.

But nothing puts into perspective just how bad the bubble is then when it’s popped and reality begins to seep into the carefully constructed belief system the bubble afforded.

Case in point, a Twitter employee found himself fired after he went after Tesla/Twitter CEO Elon Musk.

The entire story began with Musk apologizing for Twitter’s slowness in various countries. Eric Frohnheofer, a then-Twitter employee Quote-tweeted Musk, effectively calling him a liar.

You're fired!
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2022, 07:40:52 PM »
California culture is often referred to as a “bubble.”

Oh for Bleep's sake! At the most, being generous, tech in CA is Santa Clara County, small parts of Santa Cruz County, San Mateo County, SF County, small parts of Marin and Contra Costa County, and parts of Alameda, Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego County County. That's 10 of California's 58 counties. Much of tech culture is bubble-like, but warehouse-broom-painting all Californians that way makes Brandon Morse look dumb and unserious.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2022, 11:17:32 AM »
Gen-Zpocalypse: Elon Musk Cancels Free Grub at Twitter HQ

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/lincolnbrown/2022/11/15/gen-zpocalypse-elon-musk-cancels-free-grub-at-twitter-hq-n1645851

Every once in a while, I get a prediction right. Such was the case a few weeks ago when I forecasted that the precious angels who work at Twitter would be aghast, agape, and agog when Elon Musk announced the end of at least one amenity, implying that employees might be required to actually work for their paychecks. Prior to the commencement of the Musk Era, Twidiots enjoyed free chow, coffee drinks, foosball, meditation rooms, cornhole, and even red wine on tap. Helluva a way to run a railroad.

But, not only did Musk make a round of layoffs, he demanded a return to the office and axed the free lunches. That last move was in light of the fact that very few people actually came to the office and the company was putting $13 million per year into a figurative InSinkErator®. So free food is now a thing of the past.

The profligate amenities were/are real, and not just at Twitter. Companies like FB, Apple, Goog, Cisco, and EBay have similar freebie-amenities, in varying degrees. Other tech companies in the Bay Area, not so much. But putting it in a California statewide context, in many counties more residents are currently thinking about pheasant and deer season than about free laundry at Goog or reduced free dinner hours at FB's high-end HQ cafeteria.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2022, 03:50:59 PM »
Gen-Zpocalypse: Elon Musk Cancels Free Grub at Twitter HQ

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/lincolnbrown/2022/11/15/gen-zpocalypse-elon-musk-cancels-free-grub-at-twitter-hq-n1645851

The profligate amenities were/are real, and not just at Twitter. Companies like FB, Apple, Goog, Cisco, and EBay have similar freebie-amenities, in varying degrees. Other tech companies in the Bay Area, not so much. But putting it in a California statewide context, in many counties more residents are currently thinking about pheasant and deer season than about free laundry at Goog or reduced free dinner hours at FB's high-end HQ cafeteria.

I think the over-arching theme here isn't so much the company -- it's that it's happening AT ALL.

I defy anyone to tell me that this kind of coddling occurs anywhere else but -- sorry to say -- California.

The snowflakes are so used to being spoon-fed they can't even burp themselves. Disgusting.  :whatever:

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2022, 08:50:22 PM »
There is no such thing as a free lunch. LOL!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2022, 11:20:58 AM »
...I defy anyone to tell me that this kind of coddling occurs anywhere else but -- sorry to say -- California.

It happens outside of California as well. Microsoft was notorious for it up in Washington state. Granted, this was about the time that Washington was being colonized/invaded with Californians too crazy for California at the time...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2022, 11:26:41 AM »
It happens outside of California as well. Microsoft was notorious for it up in Washington state. Granted, this was about the time that Washington was being colonized/invaded with Californians too crazy for California at the time...

Well, disease does tend to spread if left unchecked, so I'd posit that Gates and his commie friends extended a warm welcome to their commie cousins from Califor-nye-eh.

Another reason why the entire area is often referred to as the "Left Coast."  :whatever:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2022, 01:05:39 PM »

I've lived almost my entire life in CA, so I don't have experience working at companies in other states. I could have asked a family member for details about the perquisites afforded employees at their Toronto-based former employer, but didn't see a point in doing so. Offering perks and relatively generous compensation has been how tech companies have attracted scarce talent and curbed impulses to unionize. IOW, it's a tech company thing rather than a California thing (and some tech companies are pretty bare-bones ... my previous employer didn't even have free coffee in break rooms, a perk ( :rimshot: ) common in many business contexts all over the US).

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2022, 10:20:59 AM »
I've lived almost my entire life in CA, so I don't have experience working at companies in other states.

Zackly, Pete. Your opinion is colored by your inexperience. You won't care where and when I've worked and who I've seen in whatever capacity, so I won't go there. But let's just say that I've worked internationally and in not fewer than 8 of the 50 U.S. States -- not that you care.

California is seen in the workplace as the absolute LAST place in which to work, at least within the industry in which I have most experience (besides military music, which is not applicable in this case). Full disclosure -- quality assurance in pharma and medical devices, along with MUCH experience in EHS. You know, the stuff that the commiefornians have the most to say about.   :stoner:

I could have asked a family member for details about the perquisites afforded employees at their Toronto-based former employer, but didn't see a point in doing so.

Good observation, because Canada ain't the USA. Even when it comes to jumping the rope (an expression) from a foreign-based company to the USA. Just sayin'.  :whistling:

Offering perks and relatively generous compensation has been how tech companies have attracted scarce talent and curbed impulses to unionize.

Bullshit, Pete. Tech companies have been going gangbusters since Slick Willie's reign of terror in the mid-to-late-90s. The "relatively generous compensation" crap you're talking about is strictly associated with companies who have money to burn and are not hesitant about burning it -- even at the expense of the stockholders, where and when they exist. They spend it on the pussies and Californians who are expectant of handouts like this -- and if they don't get it from their company, they'll get it from the government.

IOW, it's a tech company thing rather than a California thing (and some tech companies are pretty bare-bones ... my previous employer didn't even have free coffee in break rooms, a perk ( :rimshot: ) common in many business contexts all over the US).

Complete nonsense by a guy who lives in and supports Silicon Valley. Sorry to say, Pete, but your opinion doesn't count for much for me.  :bs:

Take your experience and come work in say, Ohio, or Missouri, or Arkansas, and let's see how far your "experience" goes. My bet is -- not far at all. But you don't know because you've never been there.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2022, 09:28:40 PM »
Report: Elon Musk Isn’t Done Slashing Twitter’s Workforce
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/11/21/report-elon-musk-isnt-done-slashing-twitters-workforce/

According to a recent report, Twitter owner Elon Musk is considering laying off even more of Twitter’s workforce, this time focusing on the company’s sales and partnerships division.

Bloomberg reports that employees in the sales and partnership division of Twitter may be terminated as soon as early this week, according to people familiar with the matter.

A number of Twitter employees resigned from the company last week after Musk gave them an ultimatum — work long hours on a “hardcore” version of Twitter or leave with three months of severance pay.

However, according to sources, more employees in technical roles than expected opted to leave, compared to those in sales, partnerships, and similar positions. On Friday, Musk asked leaders in these divisions to agree to fire more employees.

More firings are possible at Twitter.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2022, 10:00:32 AM »
Zackly, Pete. Your opinion is colored by your inexperience. You won't care where and when I've worked and who I've seen in whatever capacity, so I won't go there. ...

Wow, so angry.

IRL, my Dad was a farmer, who did the planting, drove the tractors, did the irrigating using siphons (balancing pump capacity with the number of rows and diameter of the siphons), operated the combines, and dried the corn he raised. During irrigation season I helped change the section being irrigated - changing where the sheets were set up and starting scores of siphons. It was not the career I chose, but if you've every noticed the strong respect I express for farming people particularly and rural people generally, that was my parents' and many of my aunts' and uncles' life, and mine before heading off to college. Not that I think you care about realities that contradict your image.

I had jobs in high school and college, like many students in that time. Field worker in summer with a seed company, hoeing weeds and bagging safflower flowers so they would self-pollinate rather than be pollinated by bees (possibly from another safflower variety). Fast-food cook, including filtering and changing the fry oil. Rental center (chairs and plates for banquets, lawn and garden care equipment, etc.), cleaning and gassing equipment, putting party stuff in storage areas, loading up and delivering equipment or party stuff, taking customers' orders, IOW, whatever. Bookstore and tape library, assisting customers, stocking shelves and racks, and making masters and duplicating tapes. I ran sound (basic stuff, not fancy) at gigs for several garage bands (unpaid), including unloading, setting up, tearing down and loading the equipment. Nothing spectacular, but realities not consistent with the image you seem to have of me.

Bullshit, Pete. Tech companies have been going gangbusters since Slick Willie's reign of terror in the mid-to-late-90s. ...
Complete nonsense by a guy who lives in and supports Silicon Valley. Sorry to say, Pete, but your opinion doesn't count for much for me.  :bs:

Take your experience and come work in say, Ohio, or Missouri, or Arkansas, and let's see how far your "experience" goes.

If you actually knew something of Silicon Valley, you'd know it's been going strong, with some economics hard times, since at least the 1950s. Heard of Hewlett-Packard? They started in 1939. Heard of Litton Industries? Thomas Litton Sr. started it in 1932, and after acquisitions is a division of L3 Communications. In 2017 it was split between a facility in PA and a facility in SoCal. Heard of Varian Associates? It was founded in 1948. Heard of Eimac, founded in 1934? Litton, Varian, and Eimac sold/sell klystrons and TWTs to the military and radiology companies. Heard of IBM? Hard drives were invented at IBM's San Jose facility. Silicon Valley's roots predate Clinton and also predate the semiconductors industry.

BTW, from W'pedia's article about Eimac:

A union organizing drive in 1939-40 by the strong Bay area labor movement was fought off by adoption of a strategy of welfare capitalism which included pensions and other generous benefits, profit sharing, and such extras as a medical clinic and a cafeteria. An atmosphere of cooperation and collaboration was established,

"Welfare capitalism" was probably the unions' name for the strategy. Be that as it may or may not, when I came into Silicon Valley in the late 70s, the only employer I knew of that was unionized was Lockheed. I assume the benefits-instead-of-unions strategy was started outside of tech, but has been used by many tech companies in varying degrees, because the costs of the extra compensation are lower than the costs in $$ and productivity of being unionized.

Back to my personal experience you so ignorantly denigrate, my first job in tech was at a start-up in an industrial park near the Scottsdale Airport. I was a junior tech, paid slightly high than minimum wage and the company had a medical and a dental plan. Employee gyms were unheard of at the time, and the company didn't have a cafeteria or coffee machine (a "roach coach" came by at break time ... the nickname was apt).

My next tech job, first job in Silicon Valley, was at Kaiser Electronics, a company founded in the 1960s that made displays for military aircraft. My wage was somewhere between 50% and 100% higher than minimum wage, and the company had a medical and a dental plan. The lunch room - not a cafeteria - had, wowzers!, two microwaves ... for hundreds of employees (lunchtimes were staggered some; the smell of fish sauce was almost overwhelming to me at the time). I think we had a Mr. Coffee in our work area, but I'm not sure if it was provided by the company or by our supervisor.

Moving along, a power supply company founded by an engineer who went from being a consultant specializing in power supplies to being a company that designed and produced power supplies. Bennies were medical, dental, and a lunch room with coffee and a couple of microwaves (for just ~100 people). Very Spartan and warehouse-like in the engineering side of the building.

Next, a computer company founded in 1975 by people who proposed an architecture to HP that HP declined. Usual compensation plus vision and Friday "Beer Busts" in our lunchroom - after hours, variety of common bottled beers, a keg, and peanuts.

Next, a power supply company whose first facility was almost warehouse-like and whose next facility was a little nicer, but not fancy. Wage, medical, dental, vision, and a lunchroom with coffee (in the mid 90s, BTW).

Next, a computer company with the usual bennies plus a subsidized cafeteria that was very decent the one time I used it. I think we had a coffee and microwave area. Next, a power supply company with usual bennies and lunchroom, and a luncheon to celebrate a Taiwanese holiday or two.  Next, a power supply company with "usual" (= not very good) bennies, lunchroom, coffee, and a monthly lunch (employee ordered and picked up, company paid). The facility was warehouse-like, had multiple roof leaks, and, in 2002 used test equipment that was obsolescent in the 1970s.

There are a few luxurious places like Twitter and FB and Google, but those companies are not typical in Silicon Valley, not that I think you care about realities that contradict your image. As for "Tech companies have been going gangbusters since Slick Willie's reign of terror," IRL, tech has gone through economic bad times in the mid 70s, late 80s, early 2000s, and late 2000s. In 2000-2002, layoffs were common, and months of fruitless job searching was normal (my search was 9 months). The latter two economic hard times were nationwide, and Silicon Valley was hit at least as hard as any other region.

As for work ethic, I've spent time at tech facilities in Connecticut, North Carolina, and Taiwan. The only place among those whose work ethic was stronger than what I've lived in Silicon Valley was in Taiwan. But don't let reality - what I've lived for almost 45 years in Silicon Valley - disturb your fantasy image of lazy spoiled brat Silicon Valley people.

Eupher, you are in love with your stereotypes of tech people as much as DUpipo are in love with their stereotypes of conservatives. Unlike them, you should be smarter.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 10:22:23 AM by SVPete »

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2022, 04:28:15 PM »
Wow, so angry.

You have a habit in being wrong, Pete. Not angry at all -- I just don't put up with bullshit.

<meaningless drivel snipped>

If you actually knew something of Silicon Valley, you'd know it's been going strong, with some economics hard times, since at least the 1950s.
Agreed. Which explains why and how SV has attracted so many nerds.

More snipping.

Back to my personal experience you so ignorantly denigrate, my first job in tech was at a start-up in an industrial park near the Scottsdale Airport.

Nobody cares, Pete, least of all me. Everybody has a story -- even you.

Eupher, you are in love with your stereotypes of tech people as much as DUpipo are in love with their stereotypes of conservatives. Unlike them, you should be smarter.

Wow, that's quite a dissertation. Did you get your PhD from writing that?  :rotf:

What I've become pretty good at is detecting bullshit. And I'm getting a good whiff of it right here on this page -- and it ain't coming from me.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2022, 09:15:16 PM »
Elon Musk's Twitter Is A Monster Of The Left's Own Making
https://quoththeraven.substack.com/p/elon-musks-twitter-is-a-monster-of

It’s funny to watch the left go up in arms about how Twitter has been “unleashed” by Elon Musk.

Putting aside your thoughts about Musk, of which I have many, it has been amusing to watch a triggered left attempt to cancel and boycott Twitter - from hearing how the platform was going to shut down once layoffs were made, to advertisers dropping off the platform, to “activists” using the platform to freak out about it every day, other “activists” leaving the platform, to companies like CBS stating their intentions to leave the platform, only to come back to it just hours later.

The main gripe? That Elon Musk allowing more people back on the platform, while moderating less speech, is harming free speech. The Guardian called free speech a “dangerous fantasy”, for example.

Twitter is the left's Frankenstein.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2022, 12:50:44 PM »
Nicholas Sandmann asks Musk to release 'hidden' Twitter files on death threats permitted against him
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nicholas-sandmann-asks-musk-release-hidden-twitter-files-death-threats-permitted-against-him

Former Covington High School student Nicholas Sandmann asked new Twitter owner Elon Musk to release any files related to the platform allowing death threats against him while he was a teenager.

"As I’m watching this all play out, I’m wondering if @elonmusk has any hidden twitter files relating to what went on here," Sandmann said on Twitter Sunday. "Let’s be clear: under the watch of @vijaya they allowed these illegal threats when I was 16 years old."

Sandmann shared screenshots taken of multiple verified Twitter accounts calling on people to burn down Sandmann's high school and throw "MAGA kids" into a wood chipper.

Let's hope Elon Musk reveals about death threats sent to Nicholas Sandmann.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2022, 02:34:41 PM »
Let's hope Elon Musk reveals about death threats sent to Nicholas Sandmann.

Agreed, both in the interest of justice, and to keep tormenting the leftist tools.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2022, 08:52:59 PM »
Kyle Rittenhouse Wants Elon Musk’s Twitter to Reveal ‘Hidden Censoring’ Against Him
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/12/05/kyle-rittenhouse-wants-elon-musks-twitter-to-reveal-hidden-censoring-against-him/

Kyle Rittenhouse recently questioned the release of Elon Musk’s “Twitter Files,” asking if information about whether or not there was “hidden censoring” regarding his story would be made public through the continuing release of inside information.

Fox News reports that Kyle Rittenhouse said that he hoped that Twitter’s censorship campaign against him may be exposed, days after Twitter owner Elon Musk announced the release of the “Twitter Files” which detailed the company’s censorship efforts to suppress the Hunter Biden laptop story.

“Learning about the twitter files and @elonmusk releasing the truth is making me more and more curious to find out if there was hidden censoring regarding my story and case on twitter. I am hoping, one day soon, I will be able to find out and the truth will be shown to all of us,” Rittenhouse wrote.

Learning about the twitter files and @elonmusk releasing the truth is making me more and more curious to find out if there was hidden censoring regarding my story and case on twitter. I am hoping, one day soon, I will be able to find out and the truth will be shown to all of us.

— Kyle Rittenhouse (@ThisIsKyleR) December 5, 2022

Rittenhouse was found not guilty last year on murder charges during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Rittenhouse said that he was attacked and acted in self-defense; he was cleared of wrongdoing in the case.

Let's also hope Elon Musk reveals about death threats sent to Kyle Rittenhouse.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2022, 08:41:24 PM »
Latest ‘Twitter Files’ reveal secret suppression of right-wing commentators
https://nypost.com/2022/12/08/suppression-of-right-wing-users-exposed-in-latest-twitter-files/

The second installment of Elon Musk’s “Twitter Files” dropped Thursday night and reveals how the social media giant was secretly “blacklisting” conservative tweets and users.

Independent journalist Bari Weiss detailed in a series of posts how Twitter used so-called “shadow banning” to limit the visibility of tweets coming from far-right users.

Conservative talk show host Dan Bongino, Stanford University’s anti-COVID lockdown advocate Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, and right-wing activist Charlie Kirk were among the users targeted for suppression by Twitter, according to Weiss.

The former New York Times and Wall Street Journal writer said that the blacklists were built “in secret” and “without informing users.”

More proof that Twitter was censoring conservatives.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2022, 06:44:05 PM »
CNN’s Jim Acosta says he was locked out of his Twitter account
https://nypost.com/2022/12/20/cnns-jim-acosta-says-he-was-locked-out-of-his-twitter-account/

CNN anchor Jim Acosta claimed Twitter locked him out of his account for several hours — before Elon Musk’s social media site announced on Sunday that anyone who promoted their accounts on other platforms would be suspended.

Acosta revealed that he was unable to access his Twitter page during an interview on Sunday with Insider reporter Linette Lopez, who was among the journalists suspended last week by Musk.

The CNN host told Lopez that he too ran afoul of Musk’s new rules, though his penalty was imposed hours before they were announced.

“I should note my own account was locked overnight by Twitter,” said Acosta, whose comments were first reported by the news media watchdog site Mediaite.

:sosad:  :yawn:  :mental:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2022, 08:57:09 PM »
 :lol:  Nobody cares, Jim. Just go home and fuggedaboudit. You don't matter any more -- not that you ever mattered anyway.  :whistling:

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2022, 06:40:40 PM »
The 3 most disturbing revelations in the latest Twitter Files
https://www.based-politics.com/2022/12/27/the-3-most-disturbing-revelations-in-the-latest-twitter-files/

The mainstream media is largely ignoring the “Twitter Files,” internal documents leaked by CEO Elon Musk that demonstrate a disturbingly cozy relationship between the federal government and Twitter’s previous regime. So, you might have missed the latest batch of leaks, published by journalist David Zweig.

Here are the 3 biggest revelations.

The Biden administration specifically lobbied to have individual accounts banned

Twitter may be a private platform, but the Biden White House was apparently pressuring it to remove specific accounts whose arguments ran against their official narrative.

Zweig reports that the president’s team specifically wanted “anti-vax” commentator Alex Berenson removed from Twitter. They reportedly requested multiple meetings as part of this pressure campaign and were “very angry” with Twitter’s inaction. Berenson was eventually suspended and only reinstated after he sued Twitter.

Disturbing.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2022, 07:31:55 PM »
Good to know that NEITHER "SIDE" of the Uni-Party is particularly enamored with the Constitution's restrictions on their power over us.

...Even the Trump administration lobbied Twitter to censor

According to Zweig’s latest reporting, even the Trump administration pressured Twitter to tamp down on information and opinions it disliked.

:therock:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2022, 10:50:07 PM »

Disturbing.

-for the shadowy chickenshits running biden. 

I look around and see democrat-rattletraps fading and 'disappearing' one-by-one from the national discourse.

And Musk's mulling of a buyout of Substack is an action that corporate-journalism has no counterstrategy for.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2022, 05:30:08 AM »
Good to know that NEITHER "SIDE" of the Uni-Party is particularly enamored with the Constitution's restrictions on their power over us.

:therock:

I had wondered when this would come to light and it's not at all surprising. To those in power, the only thing that's important is staying in power and that means controlling information. It's been going on, oh, I dunno -- since the invention of Gutenberg's printing press?

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2023, 06:55:42 PM »
From the Twitter Files: Pfizer board member Scott Gottlieb secretly pressed Twitter to hide posts challenging his company's massively profitable Covid jabs
https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/from-the-twitter-files-pfizer-board

On August 27, 2021, Dr. Scott Gottlieb - a Pfizer director with over 550,000 Twitter followers - saw a tweet he didn’t like, a tweet that might hurt sales of Pfizer’s mRNA vaccines.

The tweet explained correctly that natural immunity after Covid infection was superior to vaccine protection. It called on the White House to “follow the science” and exempt people with natural immunity from upcoming vaccine mandates.

It came not from an “anti-vaxxer” like Robert F. Kennedy Jr., but from Dr. Brett Giroir, a physician who had briefly followed Gottlieb as the head of the Food & Drug Administration. Further, the tweet actually encouraged people who did not have natural immunity to “Get vaccinated!”

No matter.

By suggesting some people might not need Covid vaccinations, the tweet could raise questions about the shots. Besides being former FDA commissioner, a CNBC contributor, and a prominent voice on Covid public policy, Gottlieb was a senior board member at Pfizer, which depended on mRNA jabs for almost half its $81 billion in sales in 2021. Pfizer paid Gottlieb $365,000 for his work that year.

Pfizer was involved in Twitter censorship.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du