Author Topic: Musk Says 'Enough Is Enough'. Buys 9% Of Twitter  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Musk Says 'Enough Is Enough'. Buys 9% Of Twitter
« on: April 04, 2022, 09:55:16 AM »
Is preparing to buy the entire company...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-leaders/elon-musk-purchases-stake-in-twitter-after-slamming-its-approach-to-free-speech

" Given that Twitter serves as the de facto public town square, failing to adhere to free speech principles fundamentally undermines democracy. "

Offline SVPete

Re: Musk Says 'Enough Is Enough'. Buys 9% Of Twitter
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 10:16:34 AM »
There should be some amusing threads on DU about this. They might even threaten to boycott Tesla ... not that a lot of DU-folk could afford one.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 10:49:33 AM »
There should be some amusing threads on DU about this. They might even threaten to boycott Tesla ... not that a lot of DU-folk could afford one.

Dems: It's your patriotic duty to drive electric cars.

Musk: *Buys Twitter.*

Dems: Okay, you can walk to work.

Online FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 01:11:32 PM »
The old Microsoft strategy. If you can't beat them, buy them.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 03:08:54 PM »
I must be missing the boat.

No way in hell would I ever buy a Tesla.

No way in hell would I ever have a Twitter account.

Ergo, I couldn't care less what Musk does with his money.   :coffee:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline 3rd-try

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 07:09:46 PM »
However Musk's main complaint about Twitter has been a lack of free speech. Twitter has banned accounts over the 2020 election crisis, Hunter's laptop, etc. They have even taken down links to such subjects. I think Musk's input at Twitter can help inform many people who don't actively search out news beyond the MSM. Musk isn't taking sides on free speech. He says he wants to see Twitter practice exactly that. I'm optimistic about anything that threatens the MSM as it is.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2022, 09:46:03 PM »
Here come the resignations...

Online FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2022, 06:24:10 AM »

And protests.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2022, 08:21:00 AM »

One can hope ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2022, 09:18:49 AM »
Musk will join the Twitter board of directors, in exchange for not buying more than 14.9% of the company:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/05/elon-musk-to-join-twitters-board-of-directors.html

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2022, 09:28:48 AM »
And protests.

Liberals Outraged To Learn 10% Of Twitter Now Owned By African-American

SAN FRANCISCO, CA—Liberals at Twitter were outraged this morning upon finding out almost 10% of their company is now owned by an African-American. Several have threatened walk-outs to protest the news.

"Elon's foreigner ways aren't welcome here," said Twitter Programming Director Xerxie Vamoosixx, (xe/xir.) "I watched a TikTok video about a Salon article about a tweet from a journalist that said Elon is 'based,' which is another word for transphobic. I have literally not stopped shaking and throwing up on my desk since I found out."

Several unnamed sources from within the company expressed worry that the African immigrant will influence the company to value freedom of speech—even allowing people to send tweets people like Vamoosixx don't agree with. "Tweets I don't agree with make me feel unsafe which means they're literally violence and I'm gonna burn down this building," xe said.

Vamoosixx plans to stage a protest and demand the foreigner take his foreign ways back to where he came from.

Other Twitter employees expressed excitement over the new ownership—especially for the free White Claws now available in every break room.

The Bee's Obviously Satirical Take
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2022, 07:40:06 PM »
Bezos-owned Washington Post warns Elon Musk's Twitter investment could be 'bad news for free speech'
https://thepostmillennial.com/bezos-owned-washington-post-warns-elon-musks-twitter-investment-could-be-bad-news-for-free-speech

Elon Musk bought a 9.2-percent stake in Twitter, and the Washington Post essentially freaked out, publishing an article claiming that having the richest man in the world as a partial owner of a social media platform as influential as Twitter could spell trouble for free speech. Musk responded to the preposterous article by saying that the outlet is "always good for a laugh."

Jeff Bezos was the richest man in the world, also a tech billionaire like Musk, when he bought the Washington Post in 2013. When Bezos made the buy, he became sole owner of the legacy news outlet.

The Washington Post was Washington's "leading newspaper," the WaPo reported at the time, "and a powerful force in shaping the nation’s politics and policy."
So it's alright when the richest man in the world buys an entire newspaper outright, but when the richest man in the world buys shares in a social media platform, free speech is endangered. Got it.

The left freaks out over Elon Musk owning Twitter.  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2022, 09:02:17 PM »
Bezos-owned Washington Post warns Elon Musk's Twitter investment could be 'bad news for free speech'

Doesn't Bezos get tired of reacting like Shemp Howard to everything Musk does and says? 

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2022, 09:29:25 PM »
https://thepostmillennial.com/bezos-owned-washington-post-warns-elon-musks-twitter-investment-could-be-bad-news-for-free-speech

The left freaks out over Elon Musk owning Twitter.  :mental:

EVERYONE is waiting for THE EVENT: Predident Trump's triumphant return to twitter. And mine (non de plume of course and I still do know what I posted - the bastards never tell you).
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2022, 06:23:51 PM »
Liberals triggered by Elon Musk's offer to buy Twitter
https://thepostmillennial.com/liberals-triggered-by-elon-musks-offer-to-buy-twitter

Following an early morning tweet from Elon Musk announcing that he has made $43 billion offer to buy Twitter, linking to the SEC filing, some of the platform's prominent, liberal users launched into meltdown mode.

CUNY professor and author Jeff Jarvis compared the moment in the online town square to the end of Weimar Germany, right before the Nazis secured power and launched the world into war.

Twitter has long been a haven for leftists who have watched gleefully as conservative accounts that run counter to the corporate, liberal narrative have been banned, suppressed, and censored. President Trump was permanently banned from the platform as a sitting president, though shortly before the end of his term in January, 2020.

Recently, Tucker Carlson, The Babylon Bee, Libs of Tik Tok, Jack Posobiec, and Charlie Kirk, among others, have faced suspensions.

The left is really going into meltdown mode with Twitter.  :panic: :mental:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2022, 07:40:47 PM »
Woke Twitter Elitists Are Too Stupid To Realize Elon Musk Is Saving The Platform
https://alt-market.us/woke-twitter-elitists-are-too-stupid-to-realize-elon-musk-is-saving-the-platform/

In the past year Big Tech and Big Media are learning a valuable lesson – That “Get Woke, Go Broke” is not just a mantra, it’s a rule. We’ve just seen companies like Netflix take a massive market beating because of their hubris and their presumption that they can simply dictate the path of our culture from on high through leftist propaganda. CNN just shut down their premium “+” service after a single month because no one trusts them enough to pay them pocket change for content. And Disney is about to lose their municipal charter in Florida because they thought they were in charge of the state and its laws, when in fact they are not.

Woke corporations are slowly but surely dying and leftists don’t seem to grasp the situation. They’ll never admit openly that the reason these companies are seeing declines is because of their cult-like political stance that justifies the forced indoctrination of everyone, including children. They’ll say it was covid, they’ll say it was inflation, they’ll say it was bigotry, but in reality it was always them. No one likes them, and people are finally realizing they don’t have to spend money buying products from insane leftists they don’t like.

In this regard Twitter is a bit of an enigma. The social media company has gone from a relatively innocuous space for people to market online businesses and for politicians and celebrities to engage with their followers or detractors, to a vicious battleground overrun with leftist zealots hellbent on using the platform as a weapon to silence dissent and destroy the lives of people that disagree with them. The platform went from average social media outlet to becoming a birthplace for evil behavior. If I was to describe what Twitter really stands for today, I would say it is an attempt to build a global hive mind; a place where everyone is coerced into conformity with establishment ideals through peer pressure and mob aggression.

Twitter is a money pit.

Why do major globalist institutions have so much interest in Twitter? It’s not because Twitter is a money maker. In 2020 the company suffered a net income loss of over $1.14 billion. In 2021 there was an income loss of $221 million. Twitter still claims it earns a profit, but this is primarily derived from stock buybacks and state and federal government subsidies, meaning, without overnight loans from the Federal Reserve and tax breaks from government Twitter simply would not exist.

Twitter is carrying a debt load of around $6.75 billion in total liabilities according to the Wall Street Journal, which might not seem like much in comparison with many other companies but again, Twitter is not a money maker so any sizeable debt is a problem. They suffered dismal stock performance until the pandemic which led to trillions in stimulus dollars flooding into equities markets. Now that the covid checks have dried up, the company’s stock has spiraled down yet again. The only thing propping it up today is the sudden prospect of an Elon Musk buyout.

Twitter was bleeding users and was dealing with a declining membership base leading up to 2019, when the company decided they would fix the problem by NOT REPORTING traditional user numbers anymore. They shifted to a new metric which they claimed was designed to discount the removal of “spam and bot accounts.” One has to wonder how much of Twitter’s actual user base is made of real people rather than fake accounts? Even with the new metrics, evidence suggests they have continued to lose users and revenues since 2019, largely due to the hostile political witch hunt environment that Twitter has developed in the past few years.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2022, 01:34:05 AM »
Musk is set to troll Twitter all weekend.

Twitter seems to think there is such a thing called a 'climate-change denial ad'. 

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2022, 06:54:29 PM »
BREAKING: Elon Musk's lawyers send letter to Twitter threatening to terminate deal over inflated user data
https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-elon-musks-lawyers-send-letter-to-twitter-threatening-to-terminate-deal-over-inflated-user-data

Elon Musk has accused Twitter of "resisting and thwarting" his inquiries about how many fake, or bot accounts are currently on the Twitter platform. Musk has been trying to get this information since his acquisition process for the platform began.

Musk has reportedly called Twitter's unwillingness to provide the information a "clear material breach" to the terms of the agreement that is still under negotiation. As a result, Musk is reserving his right to not complete the transaction.

In the letter to Twitter Chief Legal Officer Vijaya Gadde, Skadden attorney Mike Ringler for Musk said that "Mr. Musk reserves all rights resulting therefrom, including his right not to consummate the transaction and his right to terminate the merger agreement," according to CNBC.

Could Elon Musk let the deal fall through due to too many users?
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2022, 09:33:11 PM »
Lots of conjecture on the interwebs about how this entire Musk/Twitter thing was a stunt to begin with.

Not to suggest it couldn't happen, but since Twitter is giving Musk the runaround, it's rumored he expected that (regarding the fake accounts and bot data) and just wanted to rattle Twitter's cages. Presumably the stockholders would be pissed and wind up firing the asshats that Musk would've fired anyway.

Win, win and he gets to keep his $44 billion.

:shucks:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2022, 06:32:23 PM »
Twitter Whistleblower Reveals Company Hid "Extreme, Egregious, Deficiencies"; Musk Subpoenas Dorsey & Ex-Security Chief
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/twitter-shares-drop-after-ex-security-head-reveals-company-hid-extreme-egregious

Update (0945ET): Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal has sent a message to staff this morning about WaPo's whistleblower story, according to CNN's Donnie O'Sullivan.

Agrawal's message to staff reads:

Team,

There are news reports outlining claims about Twitter's privacy, security, and data protection practices that were made by Mudge Zatko, a former Twitter executive who was terminated in January 2022 for ineffective leadership and poor performance. We are reviewing the redacted claims that have been published, but what we've seen so far is a false narrative that is riddled with inconsistencies and inaccuracies, and presented without important context.

I know this is frustrating and confusing to read, given Mudge was accountable for many aspects of this work that he is now inaccurately portraying more than six months after his termination. But none of this takes away from the important work you have done and continue to do to safeguard the privacy and security of our customers and their data. This year alone, we have meaningfully accelerated our progress through increased focus and incredible leadership from Lea Kissner, Damien Kieran, and Nick Caldwell. This work continues to be an important priority for us, and if you want to read more about our approach, you can find a summary here.

Given the spotlight on Twitter at the moment, we can assume that we will continue to see more headlines in the coming days — this will only make our work harder. I know that all of you take a lot of pride in the work we do together and in the values that guide us. We will pursue all paths to defend our integrity as a company and set the record straight.

See you all at «OneTeam tomorrow,

Parag

This could get interesting.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2022, 08:42:34 PM »
Media worried as Elon Musk nears Twitter deal: ‘Be afraid, be actually afraid’
https://nypost.com/2022/10/05/media-worried-as-elon-musk-nears-twitter-deal/

Members of the media renewed their anger against billionaire tech mogul Elon Musk on Tuesday after reports showed him closing his deal to officially buy Twitter.

Fox Business reported Twitter intended to close the deal for Musk’s $44 billion acquisition of the social media company at $54.20 per share, the original offer Musk made in April. Shares of Twitter stock quickly soared after the announcement which also received approval from Twitter shareholders.

Reporters and journalists, however, expressed doubts and even fears about Musk’s purchase.

NBC News reporter Ben Collins notably penned a lengthy Twitter thread describing how Musk’s Twitter purchase could affect the 2022 midterm elections.

The left is in panic mode.  :panic: :runaway:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2022, 07:45:18 AM »
Roaches fear light.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2022, 09:03:41 PM »
Twitter official behind Hunter Biden laptop censorship leaving company
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/blue-dog-democrats-midterm-elections

Yoel Roth, the Twitter official who led Twitter's decision to censor the New York Post's stories about Hunter Biden's laptop before the 2020 election, is leaving the company.

Roth, Twitter's head of trust and safety, has left the company as of Thursday, according to Axios. Roth was previously involved in Twitter's decision to censor the Hunter Biden story but was kept on staff by Musk for the first two weeks of his company control. It's unclear why Roth is leaving.

Yoel Roth, who censored Hunter Biden story is leaving Twitter.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2022, 09:05:08 PM »
Musk tells Twitter staff: Bankruptcy isn´t out of the question- Platformer
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-11414463/Musk-tells-Twitter-staff-Bankruptcy-isn-t-question-Platformer.html

Nov 10 (Reuters) - Twitter owner Elon Musk told employees on Thursday that he is not sure how much run rate the company has and that bankruptcy is not out of the question, the Managing Editor of tech newsletter Platformer tweeted.

Could Twitter go bankrupt?
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2022, 06:29:03 AM »
Musk tells Twitter staff: Bankruptcy isn´t out of the question- Platformer
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-11414463/Musk-tells-Twitter-staff-Bankruptcy-isn-t-question-Platformer.html

Could Twitter go bankrupt?

Bankruptcy is a financial tool.  If prior management made a lot of bad contract and leverage decisions it can setup restructuring them favorably.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.