Author Topic: Edwards Admits Sexual Affair; Lied as Presidential Candidate  (Read 11760 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: Edwards Admits Sexual Affair; Lied as Presidential Candidate
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 03:11:31 PM »

if the affair is over, and it isn't his kid, and he did not love her in the first place, why the hell was he meeting her behind his wife's back at 2AM in a beverly hills hotel?

It was their weekly book club meeting.  I know that's what I'm doing at 2am.   :uhsure:

the title that week was Ruining Your Career for Skanky Tail, by Ida N. ****mylifeup

I think the foreward is by gary hart.

:rotf:

** edited by WE to fix confusing quote tag problem **
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 03:13:49 PM by Wretched Excess »

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 03:15:27 PM »
Best exchange on DU

King Sandbox  Donating Member  (780 posts)
Fri Aug-08-08 03:11 PM
Original message
Somehow, Karl Rove is behind the whole Edwards affair.

Connect the dots.

DS1  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Fri Aug-08-08 03:12 PM
Response to Original message
2. Yeah

He was personally pushing John's dick in and out

Dots connected. Can't disprove it. End of story. Rove did it.

:eyes:

:lmao:
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 03:20:55 PM »
of course, there are some serious issues here beyond just the $114K in love money.  it turns out that the entire story that the enquirer was reporting while edwards was still active in the primaries was true, and the MSM should have at least been inquisitive enough to investigate it.  but instead, they actively buried it.

if that had been a republican, they would have been standing in their chairs howling at the moon.

the NYT, if you recall, ran a story about rumors about the appearance of a possibly inappropriate relationship between john mccain and some (if I recall correctly) lobbyist.  one page one, no less.

remember THAT stink bomb?

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 03:22:26 PM »

of course, paying an utterly unqualified person $114K from your campaign funds for work that she never actually did, just because, as it turns out, she was doing you is definitely unethical . . . I wonder if it's illegal?

Midline’s work product consists of four YouTube videos showing Edwards in informal settings as he prepares to make speeches in Storm Lake, Iowa, and Pittsburgh, Pa., prepares for an appearance on “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart” and travels in Uganda in 2006.

Edwards’ PAC paid Midline $100,000 in a four-month span in 2006, and followed that up with two smaller payments totaling $14,461, the last on April 1, 2007. Link

So he had dealings with her up until April of 2007 (officially)...baby born in February of 2008....yep, seems possible.
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2008, 03:29:22 PM »

of course, paying an utterly unqualified person $114K from your campaign funds for work that she never actually did, just because, as it turns out, she was doing you is definitely unethical . . . I wonder if it's illegal?

Midline’s work product consists of four YouTube videos showing Edwards in informal settings as he prepares to make speeches in Storm Lake, Iowa, and Pittsburgh, Pa., prepares for an appearance on “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart” and travels in Uganda in 2006.

Edwards’ PAC paid Midline $100,000 in a four-month span in 2006, and followed that up with two smaller payments totaling $14,461, the last on April 1, 2007. Link

So he had dealings with her up until April of 2007 (officially)...baby born in February of 2008....yep, seems possible.

um, elizabeth was diagnosed with incurable cancer in march of 2007.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 03:37:01 PM »

this is totally clintonian . . .

"I did not . . . have a child . . . with that woman . . . behind my incurably sick wife's back" . . . .

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 03:39:58 PM »

Wow, 18 combined minutes of footage for $114,000. Dayum, she must be gooooooood::)

Video #1

Video #2

Video #3

Video #4

It is quite hysterical to watch him blather on and on and on about his morals and honesty. You just can't make this stuff up.
When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008, 03:40:13 PM »
Geraldine Ferraro said at least he was good-looking and the woman wasn't doing it with just anybody that was a senator or congressman....

so does that mean the woman has some intellect?

:fuelfire:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2008, 03:41:43 PM »
I guess Ann Coulter was wrong; Edward's is not a "fag."   :lmao:
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 03:43:56 PM »

"I did not . . . have a child . . . with that woman . . . behind my incurably sick wife's back" . . . .

:bwah:

Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2008, 03:46:18 PM »
Geraldine Ferraro said at least he was good-looking and the woman wasn't doing it with just anybody that was a senator or congressman....

so does that mean the woman has some intellect?

:fuelfire:

no, according to the edwards people, she was doing it with one senator . . . and everyone on his campaign staff. :whatever:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2008, 03:47:58 PM »

it's possible that I am getting a little bit too big of a kick out of this.  I have been waiting for this to break for weeks.

of course, he drops the bomb friday afternoon in the middle of august . . . during the olympics :whatever:

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2008, 03:49:06 PM »

it's possible that I am getting a little bit too big of a kick out of this.  I have been waiting for this to break for weeks.

of course, he drops the bomb friday afternoon in the middle of august . . . during the olympics :whatever:

Yeah, well I find it hilarious as well.   :lmao:
Stink Eye

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2008, 03:51:42 PM »

well, he is right.  there are two americas, as it turns out.  in one america, he has an incurably sick wife.  in the other, he has a girlfriend. 

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2008, 03:52:33 PM »

well, he is right.  there are two americas, as it turns out.  in one america, he has an incurably sick wife.  in the other, he has a girlfriend. 

You're so bad.   :evillaugh:

Stink Eye

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2008, 03:55:30 PM »

it looks like the "little johnny" vastly preferred the second one.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2008, 04:01:25 PM »

it looks like the "little johnny" vastly preferred the second one.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it really is his kid and then that Elizabeth divorces him.  :rofl:
Stink Eye

Offline Zeus

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2008, 04:07:48 PM »
Media's self censorship is a bigger scandal than Edwards
Commentary: Is it any wonder that nobody buys newspapers any more?
By Tom Bemis, MarketWatch

Last update: 1:51 p.m. EDT Aug. 7, 2008Comments: 129

LONDON (MarketWatch) -- The scandal over former Sen. John Edwards' alleged fathering of a love child is rapidly being surpassed by a greater travesty -- not one single major media organization in the U.S is covering the story.

It's August. It's the slowest news month of the year. Newspapers are dying on the vine.
But nobody wants to touch a sordid tale about a politician's love life?
Former Rep. Gary Condit should have been so lucky.
Bill Clinton, Larry Craig, and Ted Kennedy can only gaze in wonder at the dearth of coverage.
In February, the New York Times (NYT:New York Times Company spilled barrels of ink, and clear-cut a forest to tell the world that -- hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean? -- Sen. John McCain allegedly had had an affair. This was great stuff, until someone bothered to vet the story.

By those standards, the Enquirer's reporting on Edwards is Pulitzer grade stuff. (They have a picture.)

The guy's up for a cabinet post at least, maybe even veep -- well, not any more.
But somehow, it's just not relevant that he won't answer questions about why he was hiding from a couple of trashy tabloid reporters in a bathroom at the Beverly Hills Hilton at 2:30 a.m.?

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/medias-self-censorship-over-edwards-bigger/story.aspx?guid=%7B611D4113-6AE6-4A24-B96C-7F74E5AB3BC2%7D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 04:11:56 PM by Zeus »
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2008, 05:04:30 PM »

he just released his "official statement"

In 2006, I made a serious error in judgment and conducted myself in a way that was disloyal to my family and to my core beliefs.  I recognized my mistake and I told my wife that I had a liaison with another woman, and I asked for her forgiveness.  Although I was honest in every painful detail with my family, I did not tell the public. When a supermarket tabloid told a version of the story, I used the fact that the story contained many falsities to deny it.  But being 99% honest is no longer enough.

I was and am ashamed of my conduct and choices, and I had hoped that it would never become public.  With my family, I took responsibility for my actions in 2006 and today I take full responsibility publicly.  But that misconduct took place for a short period in 2006.  It ended then.  I am and have been willing to take any test necessary to establish the fact that I am not the father of any baby, and I am truly hopeful that a test will be done so this fact can be definitively established.  I only know that the apparent father has said publicly that he is the father of the baby.  I also have not been engaged in any activity of any description that requested, agreed to or supported payments of any kind to the woman or to the apparent father of the baby.

It is inadequate to say to the people who believed in me that I am sorry, as it is inadequate to say to the people who love me that I am sorry.  In the course of several campaigns, I started to believe that I was special and became increasingly egocentric and narcissistic.  If you want to beat me up - feel free.  You cannot beat me up more than I have already beaten up myself.  I have been stripped bare and will now work with everything I have to help my family and others who need my help.

I have given a complete interview on this matter and having done so, will have nothing more to say.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2008, 05:09:29 PM »
He won't, but Lizzie's lawyers sure as hell will....
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2008, 05:15:11 PM »

"99% honest":  more clintonian logic. :whatever:

although this is a very interesting comment:
In the course of several campaigns, I started to believe that I was special and became increasingly egocentric and narcissistic.

my first reaction is, "duh!" :whatever:  but it is a thousand times more honest that you would perhaps expect from a politician.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2008, 05:21:46 PM »

"99% honest":  more clintonian logic. :whatever:

although this is a very interesting comment:
In the course of several campaigns, I started to believe that I was special and became increasingly egocentric and narcissistic.

my first reaction is, "duh!" :whatever:  but it is a thousand times more honest that you would perhaps expect from a politician.

Could be true & actual humility but knowing what I know of Edwards I doubt it. More than likely it's a wee bit of false humility thrown in to distract from the additional BS and lies. The guys a lawyer and worth a couple million bucks. Tell me he ain't sweating a humongous maternity suit. Possibly even a Divorce settlement.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2008, 06:30:43 PM »
For an attorney and politician, that's one lousy statement. He could have worded that much better.

Now the renewing of their vows in July 2007 makes a lot more sense. He totally did that to smooth things over with his dying wife.

Scumbag.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2008, 06:45:19 PM »
For an attorney and politician, that's one lousy statement. He could have worded that much better.

Now the renewing of their vows in July 2007 makes a lot more sense. He totally did that to smooth things over with his dying wife.

Scumbag.

yes, it does.  outstanding point.

and yes, he is. 

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2008, 07:02:56 PM »

the obama machine is about to throw the breck girl under the bus as well.  must be getting crowded under there.

interview with the enquirer reporter on foxnews now . . .