Author Topic: In lieu of toilet paper - serious suggestion  (Read 1068 times)

Offline CC27

In lieu of toilet paper - serious suggestion
« on: March 17, 2020, 08:06:35 AM »
Pacifist Patriot (22,547 posts)

In lieu of toilet paper - serious suggestion

If anyone is truly concerned about a lack of toilet paper coming down the road, here is something you can do to prepare.

* One plastic bin with a lid, roughly the size of a bathroom trash can
* Laundry detergent
* Wash cloths

Fill the plastic bin about 1/3 of the way with warm water made soapy with laundry detergent and place it near your commode.

Use the washcloth (dry is fine if you have soft washcloths, may want to dampen courser ones) and put it in the bin. When the bin is full, put it in your washing machine, add more detergent, run the cycle on hot water.

I used cloth diapers when my kids were babies, and this is how I was told to handle the soiled diapers (skipping the step of shaking the #2 diapers out in the toilet before putting them in the bin - I presume that will be unnecessary for people already using a toilet).

I think we'll all be okay, but there are alternatives to toilet paper that don't clog plumbing or startle the neighbors.

Be well!

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213113698

Gross.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: In lieu of toilet paper - serious suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 08:10:45 AM »
I would rather tear pages out of the telephone book and use that rather than do what the DUmmie suggests.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 08:20:37 AM »
I would rather tear pages out of the telephone book and use that rather than do what the DUmmie suggests.

Indeed.
I've always thought they were disgusting humans...now they demonstrate it.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 09:43:04 AM »
sheeesh, just take a regular shower.

Virtually nobody is going-to keep a manure-smelling plastic bin in their bathroom.  Might as well vomit in it too.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 10:01:12 AM »
sheeesh, just take a regular shower.

Virtually nobody is going-to keep a manure-smelling plastic bin in their bathroom.  Might as well vomit in it too.
Not in the 1st world at any rate.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 10:22:46 AM »
Geez...that thread has 48 replies already.
Those people are disgusting.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 01:29:25 PM »
Do as Muslims do-do
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2020, 02:08:14 PM »
And not to be wasteful use only 1 sheet and use both sides. :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 06:20:53 AM »
Disgusting. Typical for DUmmies.
btw, a couple days ago, I saw this funny pic on Facebook about the toilet paper shortage:
I can't bring it over for some reason, but it shows Beavis dressed as his alter ego the Great Cornholio, and says, "I think we should start calling the Coronavirus the Cornholio Virus, since everybody wants TP for their bunghole!"

And not to be wasteful use only 1 sheet and use both sides. :-)
I remember several years ago, the singer Cheryl Crow hopped on the "Celebrities harping about global warming" bandwagon, claiming that people should only be allowed to use one square of toilet paper each time they go to the bathroom in order to conserve resources. Meanwhile, on her concert tour, she uses a whole, enormous entourage of gas- guzzling buses and trucks.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2020, 01:49:37 PM »
Disgusting. Typical for DUmmies.
btw, a couple days ago, I saw this funny pic on Facebook about the toilet paper shortage:
I can't bring it over for some reason, but it shows Beavis dressed as his alter ego the Great Cornholio, and says, "I think we should start calling the Coronavirus the Cornholio Virus, since everybody wants TP for their bunghole!"
I remember several years ago, the singer Cheryl Crow hopped on the "Celebrities harping about global warming" bandwagon, claiming that people should only be allowed to use one square of toilet paper each time they go to the bathroom in order to conserve resources. Meanwhile, on her concert tour, she uses a whole, enormous entourage of gas- guzzling buses and trucks.

Great post!

At my last show (for the time being), the TP shortage inspired me to compose and use a Cornholio trivia question. 
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2020, 02:31:56 PM »
....and they said I was crazy to keep all my sears catalogs.  Who's crazy now?!
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)