Author Topic: Jussie Smollett attack: Smollett charged with disorderly conduct for filing fals  (Read 12530 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Jussie Smollett attack: Smollett charged with disorderly conduct for filing false police report, prosecutors say
https://abc7chicago.com/jussie-smollett-charged-with-disorderly-conduct-for-filing-false-police-report-prosecutors-say/5147410/

CHICAGO -- "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett has been charged with one count of felony disorderly conduct for filing a false police report, the Cook County State's Attorney's Office said Wednesday evening.

Guglielmi said CPD detectives are currently presenting evidence before a Cook County grand jury.

About time.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Wait until the FBI and Post Office gets done with him.  He could do a lot of time.  Doubtful, but it could happen.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Happy Fun Ball

I expect the predawn raid with CNN coincidentally standing nearby any day now.

Yep...aaaaaaany day now.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I wonder if we'll see Effieblack posting this story on DU?  Probably as likely as CNN being posted outside for his arrest as alluded to by HFB ^^^

Interestingly enough, they were still defending Jussie even as the story was clearly falling apart.  Calling for everyone to wait for the evidence to come out, all while screaming from the rooftops about Trumpy's crimes ... that still yet have to be named let alone any evidence shown.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

Now the lame stream will be busy wiping egg off their faces and try to come up with some justification for his actions.  :thatsright: :bird: :loser:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline mrclose

The Smollett Family Business: Acting and Activism

You think that this may be a reason that 'Jussie' has a problem with "White America?"

You think that at least One "Journalist" would have looked into the family's background?

Yeah, I know, it didn't fit the narrative!

The Smolletts have also been outspoken politically and, since their school years, devoted to causes like H.I.V./AIDS prevention and ending apartheid. They were raised in the orbit of the Black Panthers and, lately, have lent their voices to the Black Lives Matter movement.
Their trajectory, from child stars to successful adults, is born of their family and its history of activism.

“Their sense of justice is very strong, and it permeates everything that they do,” said Alfre Woodard, who has known Jussie and Jurnee since they were children; they worked with her at the nonprofit Artists for a New South Africa.

My mom was in the movement with Bobby Seale and Huey Newton, and one of her first mentors was Julian Bond,” Mr. Smollett said of the Black Panther founders and the civil rights leader. “To this day, Angela Davis is one of her dearest friends. We’ve spent Mother’s Day with Angela.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/13/arts/television/the-smollett-family-business-acting-and-activism.html
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
"The chair! Give him the chair!!!"
--Beavis and Butthead
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Seven Ugly Lessons About the Media From Jussie Smollett's Debacle
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/christian-toto/2019/02/23/seven-ugly-lessons-jussie-smollett-debacle

It’s all but official. Empire co-star Jussie Smollett lied about getting attacked by two Trump supporters on a sub-zero Chicago street.

Smollett says two men attacked him, doused him with bleach, threw a noose-like rope around his neck and yelled racial and homophobic slurs at him. Oh, and one cried something about being in “MAGA country,” meaning President Donald Trump’s supporters were to blame.

Smollett’s story had gaping holes in it from Day One.

The legacy leftist media fell for the bait on purpose.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Jussie Smollett's alleged hoax got more media attention than my son, who was shot and killed in Chicago
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/jussie-smolletts-alleged-hoax-got-more-media-attention-than-my-son-who-was-shot-and-killed-in-chicago

My son was shot and killed in Chicago – where is his national media attention?

My name is Carmia Tang. My only child, Jeremy Alexander Tang, was murdered in Chicago on Sept. 3, 2017.

Jeremy’s murder case is among over 700 unsolved murders in Chicago.

Jeremy Alexander Tang's and other murders in Chicago do not fit the leftist's narrative.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Exclusive: Grand jury returns 16 felony counts against Jussie Smollett
https://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/03/exclusive-grand-jury-returns-16-felony.html

Embattled TV star Jussie Smollett's legal problems have just become significantly more serious as a Cook County grand jury has returned a 16-count true bill of charges against him in connection with his alleged falsification of a hate crime in Streeterville in late January.

Smollet was charged with a single count of felony disorderly conduct-false report last month based on allegations brought by the Cook County State's Attorney's Office.

But, CWBChicago has learned that a grand jury has now returned a total of 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct-false report against the former star of Empire on Fox.

Uh oh. Jussie Smollett got 16 count indictment by the grand jury.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Possibly 48 years in prison, if found guilty on all charges.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

By DU's Manafort Rule he should get all of that. In this real world, I'd be very very surprised if he got 5 years, and would be unsurprised if he only got 2-3 years' probation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies

I am very doubtful he will get 48 years in prison. Most likely it will be 3 years at most.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Old n Grumpy

After he dispareged Trump supporters and cast dispersions on whites, I think he should be flogged and get at least 2 years hard labor. Let him get a lesson out of it for him and other fakes.

Then maybe he will know how to act.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DLR Pyro

After he dispareged Trump supporters and cast dispersions on whites, I think he should be flogged and get at least 2 years hard labor. Let him get a lesson out of it for him and other fakes.

Then maybe he will know how to act.

As a Trump supporter I demand reparations for the harm he inflicted onto me for trying to portray his fake crime as perpetuated by  supporter of the President
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
At the very least he needs to pay reparations to the city of Chicago for the resources used. He obviously makes enough money to make it right for their tax payers.

KC

*Stolen

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Not a care in the world: Jussie Smollett laughs on Hawaii vacation with his family after having charges dropped in 'hoax' race attack, as Chicago files civil complaint against Empire actor
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6912729/Carefree-Jussie-Smollett-laughs-Hawaii-beach-having-charges-dropped.html

Jussie Smollett was all smiles during a day at the beach in Hawaii on Wednesday as he enjoyed some down time with his family while the legal fallout from his sensational case raged on in Chicago.

The 36-year-old Empire actor was pictured laughing as he ate , talked to his sisters and unloaded a car with children's bags and towels for a fun-filled day out. 

They were spotted at the Kaloko-Honokōhau National Historical Park in Kailua on the Big Island.

Jussie Smollett is acting like nothing happened. A federal investigation and lawsuits are next.

Jussie Smollett hoax charges dropped, but federal investigation, lawsuits could be next
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jussie-smollett-hoax-charges-dropped-but-federal-investigation-lawsuits-could-benext
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Another conflict of interest pops up in Kim Foxx's handling of Jussie Smollett case
https://www.foxnews.com/us/another-conflict-of-interest-pops-up-in-kim-foxxs-handling-of-jussie-smollett-case

The Cook County judge set to decide whether a special prosecutor should be appointed to investigate why charges were dropped against "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett has a son who works in the state's attorney's office.

The news sets up another potential conflict of interest with State's Attorney Kim Foxx's office and its handling of the controversial case.

The Jussie Smollett saga continues with more twists.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Chicago style politics at their finest!

KC

*Stolen

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Jussie Smollett's Emails, Photos, Location Data And Private Messages To Be Turned Over By Google: Judge
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/jussie-smolletts-emails-photos-location-data-and-private-messages-be-turned-over-google

A judge in Cook County, Illinois has ordered Google to hand over 12 months of Jussie Smollett's emails, photos, location data and private messages to the special prosecutor conducting an investigation into the actor's 2018 hate crime hoax, in which he two associates say the actor paid them to dress up as white Trump supporters and beat him, according to the Chicago Tribune.

Two sweeping search warrants, obtained by the Chicago Tribune, provide the first public glimpse at the direction of the probe by special prosecutor Dan Webb more than four months into the investigation.

The warrants, filed last month in Circuit Court, sought a trove of documentation from Smollett and his manager’s Google accounts — not just emails but also drafted and deleted messages; any files in their Google Drive cloud storage services; any Google Voice texts, calls and contacts; search and web browsing history; and location data. -Chicago Tribune

Prosecutors sought Smollett's data from November 2018 to November 2019 despite the fact that key events in the controversy happened between late January and late March of 2019. It's possible, according to the Tribune, that authorities may be looking for any incriminating remarks from Smollett or his manager - who the actor claimed overheard his alleged assailants shouting "This is MAGA country."

Not looking good for Jussie Smollett.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Jussie Smollett trial: Court 'working with media' on how to 'fit in courtroom'
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jussie-smollett-trial-court-working-with-media-fit-in-courtroom

Jury selection for Jussie Smollett's disorderly conduct trial has commenced in Chicago, but as of Monday, cameras and members of the press are not allowed inside the courtroom.

According to a Fox News reporter on the ground, the court is now "working with the media" to strategize how the press "will fit inside the courtroom." According to the reporter, the press is sitting in the hallway and can see inside the courtroom, but the audio is hard to decipher.

Judge James Linn is presiding over the case. Because of guidelines present to help stop the spread of COVID-19, Judge Linn decided that seating within the courtroom must be reserved for potential jurors.

However, the courtroom will reportedly keep its doors open to provide some insight to the public as to what’s going on inside, provided that does not become a disruption. It’s expected that, once the jury is selected, there will be more room for reporters and cameras to film or stream the proceedings.

Jussie Smollett is going to trial.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline thundley4

Not guilty, fake but accurate story.  :-)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Probably posted more about this at CU, but feel compelled to opine because I lived in Chicago for a decade.

There were so many red flags when this story first hit. 

First of all, Chicago is certainly not "MAGA Country".  Approximately 85-90% of Cook County/Chicago voted for Cankles Clinton in 2016. 

Secondly, on the night of the fake attack it was either zero degrees or below.  Anyone who has lived or even visited Chicago in winter knows how ridiculously cold it gets in downtown Chicago, especially with a cold wind coming off of lake Michigan.  Weather conditions not fit for humans. 

Third: According to "Juicy Smollette", they splashed him with bleach and had a noose.  Therefore, we are expected to believe that these "MAGA rednecks" were just hanging around near downtown Chicago looking for a gay black actor.  Most people out at that time of night are drunks trying to catch a cab, find a bar that's still open until 4 am.  Yes, they exist there as certain watering holes allow liquor licenses to run until that time.

Truthfully I had never heard of this "actor" before the alleged incident.  Recall watching a couple of early episodes of "Empire" which he was a co-star, but gave up on it early on and never noticed him.  Nor did I know he was gay, and I wouldn't have cared one way or the other.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Hate Crime Hoaxer Jussie Smollett Headed Back To Jail After Failed Appeal
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/hate-crime-hoaxer-jussie-smollett-headed-back-jail-after-failed-appeal

Hate crime hoaxer Jussie Smollett is headed back to prison after an appeals court on Friday upheld convictions for disorderly conduct after he staged a racist, homophobic attack against himself in 2019.

Smollett's legal team challenged the role of the special prosecutor, jury selection, various pieces of evidence, and other aspects of the case - which did not convince the 3-judge appellate panel in Illinois.

The former "Empire" star was convicted in 2021 on five felony counts of disorderly conduct.

And while most people who aren't actors connected to the Obamas would probably end up doing serious time, Smollett will simply have to finish a 150-day stint in jail. Prior to his appeal, he spent just six days.

Jussie Smollett is going back to jail for the remaining sentence of 150 days.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du