Author Topic: Democrat attacks Treasury Secretary.....except he's the Fed Chairman  (Read 1808 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
U.S. Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur came to a House committee hearing on Thursday prepared to ask U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson tough questions about his involvement in the subprime mortgage crisis.

Unfortunately, she was questioning the chairman of the Federal Reserve.

The Ohio Democrat, at a House of Representatives Budget Committee hearing, said she wanted to know what Wall Street firms were responsible for the securitization of subprime mortgages. She then asked: “Seeing as how you were the former CEO of Goldman Sachs …” But the only person testifying at the hearing interrupted.

“No, no, no, you’re confusing me with the Treasury Secretary,” said Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.

“I’ve got the wrong firm? Paulson, Oh, OK. Where were you sir?” Kaptur said. Bernanke noted that he was head of the Princeton University economics department.

“Oh, Princeton, oh, all right, sorry. I got you confused with the other one … I’m glad you clarified that for the record,” she said.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnPnLvsl6Aw[/youtube]
http://www.reuters.com/article/governmentFilingsNews/idUSN1724898920080117

Can you imagine the outrage if she had been a Republican? Countdown for DU to make excuses for the this poor confused woman.  :whatever:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Lacarnut

Re: Democrat attacks Treasury Secretary.....except he's the Fed Chairman
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 06:32:03 PM »
What a dumb ass.  :thatsright: :loser: :hammer:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 07:28:40 PM »
That's just frackin unbelievable!  And that DUmbass make $140,000 per year?

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 07:45:42 PM »
One rich white guy is pretty much like the next one.  What's the big deal? [/DUmmie mode]
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980