Author Topic: The other Limbaugh endorses Fred  (Read 3340 times)

Offline ReardenSteel

The other Limbaugh endorses Fred
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:24:04 AM »
http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2008/01/new_column_answ.html

*spoiler*  :wink:

This primary season, relatively speaking, has just begun. But Fred is now up against the wall. How can we expect him to have done much better than he has to date with everyone prattling on about the overwhelming odds against him? The "experts" continue to be wrong at almost every turn, so why can't they be wrong about Fred, too? It's time to quit empowering them by following their dictatorial doom-prophecies. It’s encouraging that John Zogby's latest South Carolina poll shows that while levels of support for McCain and Huckabee "have remained static," Fred is starting to move up.

Supporters have asked Fred to step up, and he has -- he has shone brilliantly in the last month, setting himself head and shoulders above the pack in many cases. Now it's time for conservative voters to step up and quit placing artificial limitations on Fred, and on themselves.

Fred has answered the conservatives' call. Shouldn't we answer his?
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: The other Limbaugh endorses Fred
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 10:26:04 AM »
here's hoping that Fredmentum wins out. I am counting on the American public to look past the sideshow acts and to start heading to the main stage for the real talent. I can hope!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 10:39:04 AM »
here's hoping that Fredmentum wins out. I am counting on the American public to look past the sideshow acts and to start heading to the main stage for the real talent. I can hope!!!

Well said. I've noticed a few Thompson articles around here so I went ahead and made a poll to see where CC is at.
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 02:49:35 PM »
I think Rush is a Fred guy as well. If you listen carefully to his critisms of the other candidates, he doesnt like anybody so far.

But he never says a negative thing about Fred really, other than the media is ignoring Fred cause he is a real conservative.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 03:22:38 PM »
I think Rush is a Fred guy as well. If you listen carefully to his critisms of the other candidates, he doesnt like anybody so far.

But he never says a negative thing about Fred really, other than the media is ignoring Fred cause he is a real conservative.

Yeah, I think so as well. He won't say it outright but will get behind the Republican who wins the nomination and not have to change horses. Perhaps with greater enthusiasm though if it's Fred. At least that's what I think I think about what he thinks. At least I'm hearing the same from him as you. (hearing between the waves?!?)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 03:36:51 PM »

Yeah, I think so as well. He won't say it outright but will get behind the Republican who wins the nomination and not have to change horses. Perhaps with greater enthusiasm though if it's Fred. At least that's what I think I think about what he thinks. At least I'm hearing the same from him as you. (hearing between the waves?!?)

yep, i think so ..  :-)

if its McCain though, Rush is going to bust a gasket - he's made no bones about that.. he wont support McCain for any reason, the way he's talking now.

its interesting, our side wants Hillary to get the nod cause we think she's so beatable in the general.. and the media is picking McCain for us, cause they think he is so beatable.

but the polls say McCain can handily beat Hillary...

i think he could too, but i dont want him as the nominee..

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 03:43:26 PM »

yep, i think so ..  :-)

if its McCain though, Rush is going to bust a gasket - he's made no bones about that.. he wont support McCain for any reason, the way he's talking now.

its interesting, our side wants Hillary to get the nod cause we think she's so beatable in the general.. and the media is picking McCain for us, cause they think he is so beatable.

but the polls say McCain can handily beat Hillary...

i think he could too, but i dont want him as the nominee..

Yeah I'd bust a gasket or two myself. That's an interesting point about McCain v Hillary. Makes ya think. (er, me think)

- Ayn Rand

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 06:26:51 PM »
McCain would be swift-boated big time as one of the Keating 5. The Democ. machine would peg him to the Saving & Loan debacle which happened years ago and is quite similar to the sub-prime mess. Can we say another governmental bail out.

Offline Full-Auto

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 06:35:32 PM »
Right now if I could pick one candidate... it would be Fred.

Because Fred is trailing so far behind, it tells me people have completely lost sight of conservative values.  When we see Republican's supporting people like McCain, Romney, Rudy and Huckabee as their preferred candidate... well, we're screwed.

My first choice would be to dig up Reagan and anoint him King of the United States... but I doubt that would fly so my second choice given the choices would easily be Fred.


Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 08:56:40 PM »
http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/mt/archives/2008/01/new_column_answ.html

Excellent!  Go Fred!  I vote tomorrow in SC, and really hope that Fred does better than the polling is indicating.  We're running out of chances for the true conservatives in the race.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 10:17:36 PM »
McCain would be swift-boated big time as one of the Keating 5. The Democ. machine would peg him to the Saving & Loan debacle which happened years ago and is quite similar to the sub-prime mess. Can we say another governmental bail out.

isnt he also one of the infamous Gang of 14?

and that McCain Feingold crappolla..

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 09:24:55 AM »
Yeah I'd bust a gasket or two myself. That's an interesting point about McCain v Hillary. Makes ya think. (er, me think)
I can imagine the debates going something like this:

Jack Johnson: It's time someone had the courage to stand up and say: "I'm against those things that everybody hates".

John Jackson: Now I respect my opponent. I think he's a good man but, quite frankly, I agree with everything he just said!

Fry: These are the candidates? They sound like clones. [He looks a little harder.] Wait a minute. They are clones!

Leela: Don't let their identical DNA fool you. They differ on some key issues.

Jack Johnson: I say your three cent titanium tax goes too far.

John Jackson: And I say your three cent titanium tax doesn't go too far enough!