Author Topic: Huckabee: Amend Constitution to be in 'God's standards'  (Read 4561 times)

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
  • Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
Huckabee: Amend Constitution to be in 'God's standards'
« on: January 16, 2008, 01:12:22 AM »
The United States Constitution never uses the word "God" or makes mention of any religion, drawing its sole authority from "We the People." However, Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee thinks it's time to put an end to that.

"I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution," Huckabee told a Michigan audience on Monday. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view."

More: http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Huckabee_Amend_Constitution_to_meet_Gods_0115.html

Bye-bye Huckabee. Your campaign has just imploded
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 03:48:37 AM by Katar »
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline djones520

Re: Huckabee: Amend Constitution to be in 'God's standards'
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 01:15:10 AM »
Yeah...  theres this slight problem with the 1st amendment that specifically forbids that.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 09:57:21 AM »
I can only hope and pray that he's done. Ugh. Loathsome man.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 09:59:36 AM »
The United States Constitution never uses the word "God" or makes mention of any religion, drawing its sole authority from "We the People." However, Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee thinks it's time to put an end to that.

"I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution," Huckabee told a Michigan audience on Monday. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view."

More: http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Huckabee_Amend_Constitution_to_meet_Gods_0115.html

I dunno the source is Rawstory I'll see if I can find a real source before I buy into this.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline seemomgonuts

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 10:05:43 AM »
Imagine the outcry from Christians if Romney was saying he wanted to align the Constitution with Mormonism.  :whatever:

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 12:17:57 PM »

I dunno the source is Rawstory I'll see if I can find a real source before I buy into this.

MSNBC has it

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/01/15/579265.aspx
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 12:23:07 PM by Katar »
Those who would trade their liberty for temporary security will get neither. --Benjamin Franklin.

Offline Freeper

• Topic Moderator
  • Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 01:11:27 PM »

MSNBC has it

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/01/15/579265.aspx

Yeah found it on several sources guess Raw Story got it right for once.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 03:55:51 PM »
Hmmmm...lemme see, lemme see here...

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Okay Huckster.  Just checking.

Another RINO who doesn't give a rat's ass about the Constitution.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 05:53:00 PM »
Hmmmm...lemme see, lemme see here...

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Okay Huckster.  Just checking.

Another RINO who doesn't give a rat's ass about the Constitution.

Yep. Mike Huckabee is a big-government-worshipping statist.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 07:09:19 PM »

:bow: :bow: :bow:  Oh please, oh please.... make that come true!
What on earth has people so enthralled with him :banghead:

He's the bone thrown at the Evangelical YECers.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Attero Dominatus

• VRWC Psionics Corps
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 07:13:11 PM »

:bow: :bow: :bow:  Oh please, oh please.... make that come true!
What on earth has people so enthralled with him :banghead:

My guess is that he says what people want to hear just to gain votes.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 07:26:04 PM »
Not voting for Mike Huckabee, the big statists who likes to tax.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 07:33:24 PM »
 :ohsnap:

He revealed his agenda just in time for the South Carolina primaries.  Good Riddens...damn, and I was looking forward to the death of the income tax... :whatever:

Offline RedTail

• I can has title? ^_^
  • A little bit of Anti-Hero goes a LONG way.
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 02:48:36 AM »
Uh. . . we all got together and said No. . .even if Chuck Norris will endorse it.

'Cause he can't roundhouse kick ALL of us...at the same time.

*TKay*

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 09:13:34 AM »
Uh. . . we all got together and said No. . .even if Chuck Norris will endorse it.

*TKay*

TKay,  don't doubt the power of Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick  :nunchuck:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 10:36:07 AM »

*TKay*

LOL! We we do have Fred.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle