Author Topic: The polls are lying  (Read 1451 times)

Offline TrueConservative

• Probationary (Probie)
The polls are lying
« on: October 09, 2008, 06:12:10 PM »
There is no way that Obama is ahead. They are outright lying. Watch and see. McCain / Palin with by 15%
Home of the FREE because of the Brave

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Re: The polls are lying
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 06:15:12 PM »
About this time (maybe a bit closer to the election) four years ago, Gallup had Kerry up by around 10 or so.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 06:19:24 PM by Happy Fun Ball »

Offline TrueConservative

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 08:19:34 PM »
At this time 8 years ago, they had Gore up 11%.

I am telling you they are lying. AP poll said that 25% of white Democrats  would not vote for Obama because he is black. There are female Democrats that are favoring Palin. They the pollsters believe if they can give Obama a large enough lead, Republicans will give up and not go to the polls.

Wrong, get everyone to the polls this is far too important.
Home of the FREE because of the Brave

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 08:44:01 PM »
I still remember that little stunt they (the media) pulled back in 2000. Because Florida spans two time zones, the polls closed in the eastern half of the state, and the media declared Gore the winner while the panhandle polls were still open. This had the effect of discouraging some of the voters there. If they hadn't done that, Florida would have most likely been too far out of reach for Gore to try his shenanigans.

Offline Woody

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 12:29:45 AM »
I still remember that little stunt they (the media) pulled back in 2000. Because Florida spans two time zones, the polls closed in the eastern half of the state, and the media declared Gore the winner while the panhandle polls were still open. This had the effect of discouraging some of the voters there. If they hadn't done that, Florida would have most likely been too far out of reach for Gore to try his shenanigans.

To add to the outrage, the Florida panhandle counties are some of the most conservative in the state...
Those who see their lives as spoiled and wasted crave equality and fraternity more than they do freedom. If they clamor for freedom, it is but freedom to establish equality and uniformity. The passion for equality is partly a passion for anonymity: to be one thread of the many which make up a tunic; one thread not distinguishable from the others. No one can then point us out, measure us against others and expose our inferiority.
-Eric Hoffer, "The True Believer", 1951

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 12:52:05 AM »
I sure hope you are right.  It's hard not to get discouraged with all the positive spin put on everything Obama does.  It wouldn't surprise me to find out the media thinks he farts rainbows.
I'm a bitter middle aged woman ::)who refuses to vote for Obama because of racism-HIS, not mine.  He's the one who sat in a church whose pastor preached hatred of the white man from the pulpit.
It's really difficult to believe so many people are being bamboozled by this fool. :(
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 08:10:11 AM »
Both Rush and Sean have analyzed the polling method and they are oversampling Democrats.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 09:11:23 AM »
Intentionally lying or not, I simply have no confidence in them, whether they're for or against my guy.  The pollsters rely on landline telephones and the available respondents are less and less representative of the full-spectrum electorate.  The error is not all on the side of the Dems, there are large Dem demographics that don't have landlines who go unsampled as well.  I think the pollsters assume the omitted/undersampled on each side cancel out but the rate of change in communications tech and usage likely invalidates that assumption since any statistical basis for it would be drawn from the 2000 census, 8 years ago.       
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 09:28:50 AM »
To add to the outrage, the Florida panhandle counties are some of the most conservative in the state...

Yup. Bay and Gulf are DEFINITELY conservative.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 10:01:32 AM »
Intentionally lying or not, I simply have no confidence in them, whether they're for or against my guy.  The pollsters rely on landline telephones and the available respondents are less and less representative of the full-spectrum electorate.  The error is not all on the side of the Dems, there are large Dem demographics that don't have landlines who go unsampled as well.  I think the pollsters assume the omitted/undersampled on each side cancel out but the rate of change in communications tech and usage likely invalidates that assumption since any statistical basis for it would be drawn from the 2000 census, 8 years ago.       

I think it goes hand-in-hand with organizations such as ACORN. They overregister Democrats, The polling agents, unaware of what is real or fraud base the percentage they sample on registered voters, So they oversample Democrats.