Author Topic: RNC Staff Told To Leave If They Can’t Get Behind Trump  (Read 1556 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Donald Trump is without a doubt the most polarizing presidential candidate we have seen in politics in several decades.

People love him or they hate him and there isn’t a lot of in between.

His battle with the RNC during the primary process was well documented but now that he is the nominee there is no choice but to unite.

Apparently, the RNC is behind him 100% to the point where they are telling staff that they need to find employment elsewhere if they don’t get behind Trump.

It’s not a great thing that the RNC is strong arming their staff but it is a good sign that the Republicans are starting to unite and Trump will absolutely need the full support and cooperation of the party apparatus if he is going to beat Hillary in November.

Reince Priebus came out this week and said that the Republican Party is going to change and he thinks that could be a good thing.

It will be fascinating to see how that takes shape.

http://www.youngcons.com/report-rnc-staff-told-to-leave-if-they-cant-get-behind-trump/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: RNC Staff Told To Leave If They Can’t Get Behind Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 01:35:16 PM »
Well, this is refreshing.

It's too bad the Bush admin didn't tell liberals to get out of the federal government if they had trouble with a Republican president.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 01:38:51 PM »
Well, this is refreshing.

It's too bad the Bush admin didn't tell liberals to get out of the federal government if they had trouble with a Republican president.

Scratch a Trumpbot...find a fascist.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 02:28:03 PM »
Reince Priebus came out this week and said that the Republican Party is going to change and he thinks that could be a good thing.

Singing quite the different tune now, isn't he?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 02:45:57 PM »

Didn't he say, "things were going to change" when he was running for chair ?  :confused:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 04:22:54 PM »
Priebus could be saying about uniting behind Cruz, but he seriously misunderestimated how pissed off the American voters are.

Give us the senate and we will stop Obama.

The senate wasn't enough. Give us the house and we will stop Obama.

They could have backed Cruz or Rubio from the start, and most conservatives and republicans could have accepted one of them.

No, they ****ing had to try and push Jeb Bush on us, just another milquetoast middle of the road republican.

That didn't work, so they pushed for Kasich. AYFKM?

As far as the GOP/RNC having to support Trump...

:ownit:

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 04:24:50 PM »
Scratch a Trumpbot...find a fascist.
How is this fascism?

I would point out that, in general, it is the Cruz people who have resorted to the dehumanization of your political opponents, who, in this case, aren't even really your political opponents, which, dehumanization is a marker on the road to fascism.

And why shouldn't the RNC get rid of the NeverTrump people? In this case it is just sanity. How is RNC officials actively campaigning for Hillary a good thing? Maybe the RNC could get away with not supporting a TEA Party candidate in a state election, which is also wrong, but this is the freaking Republican candidate for the presidency. If there are employees of the RNC actively working against Trump...then it could be argued the Republican Party is no more.

I'm hard pressed to see the fascism you see.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 04:31:16 PM »
Makes perfect sense.  Keeping a bunch of disaffected dweebs on board for the campaign is like sharing your battle plans with the Italian high command.  It's got nothing do with that Fascist BS, it's just sound management.  Just look at how leaky the McCain campaign was with any negative gossip they could cook up about Palin.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 06:13:56 PM »
How is this fascism?

I would point out that, in general, it is the Cruz people who have resorted to the dehumanization of your political opponents, who, in this case, aren't even really your political opponents, which, dehumanization is a marker on the road to fascism.

And why shouldn't the RNC get rid of the NeverTrump people? In this case it is just sanity. How is RNC officials actively campaigning for Hillary a good thing? Maybe the RNC could get away with not supporting a TEA Party candidate in a state election, which is also wrong, but this is the freaking Republican candidate for the presidency. If there are employees of the RNC actively working against Trump...then it could be argued the Republican Party is no more.

I'm hard pressed to see the fascism you see.

I assume he was talking about the comment of Bush removing the Liberals from government .   The difference is that the RNC is a private organization and not government.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 12:54:24 AM »
I assume he was talking about the comment of Bush removing the Liberals from government .   The difference is that the RNC is a private organization and not government.
Well there's the fact too that this has never been done for a previous candidate.

These RNC staff types work there regardless of who the nominee is now they are being told either you kiss Trumps ring or you're gone.

That's sick.

But some here seem to think that's just swell just because of their own blind worship to the bloviating orange POS.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 02:29:55 AM »
The Trumpidians here would shriek loud and long if this headline had been "RNC Staffers Told To Get Behind Cruz or Leave".

The same people on here that think "hey this is cool"...poke fun and openly mock the DNC and the mouth breathers at DU when they are told "get in line or else".

Why is that acting fascist when the Dems do it but its "good business" when Donny does it?

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 06:50:41 AM »
The Trumpidians here would shriek loud and long if this headline had been "RNC Staffers Told To Get Behind Cruz or Leave".

The same people on here that think "hey this is cool"...poke fun and openly mock the DNC and the mouth breathers at DU when they are told "get in line or else".

Why is that acting fascist when the Dems do it but its "good business" when Donny does it?

Denial, it not just de big river in Egypt.

Cruz didn't win, that timeline has left the universe.  If you want to live there, that's cool, but it's alternate history science fiction now and not politics.  The DNC is in the same boat as the RNC, they have to wholeheartedly back the primary winner and keeping the people who hate the candidate around on staff is just stupidly self-destructive.  Also 'Donny' didn't do this, 'Reince-y' did.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 10:06:50 AM »
Denial, it not just de big river in Egypt.

Cruz didn't win, that timeline has left the universe.  If you want to live there, that's cool, but it's alternate history science fiction now and not politics.  The DNC is in the same boat as the RNC, they have to wholeheartedly back the primary winner and keeping the people who hate the candidate around on staff is just stupidly self-destructive.  Also 'Donny' didn't do this, 'Reince-y' did.

We expect that kind of fealty out of the DNC and it's minions.

Not the RNC.  Though Reince has been dying to do this since 2012...Trump gives him the opportunity.

And just fir giggles...name me one time before that the RNC has demanded it's entire staff kiss the ring of one candidate or hit the streets.

I can't recall this happening before.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2016, 03:10:46 PM »
And just fir giggles...name me one time before that the RNC has demanded it's entire staff kiss the ring of one candidate or hit the streets.

I can't recall this happening before.

I doubt they ever would have mentioned it publicly if they had, it pretty much goes with the territory of political campaigns.  They certainly had plenty of snakes on the plane in both the McCain and Romney campaigns, I think you could look at this as an application of a 'Lesson learned.'

Also just for giggles, I'll share my analysis of where the Cruz campaign went off the rails:

His first big mistake was that 'New York values' thing, he is a very smart guy who NORMALLY thinks very well on his feet, but he let his mouth run away with him that one time when he should have said something more like 'Ivy League Liberal values.'  It caught up with him and turned the momentum against him when NY came up in the batting order, though of course Trump was Huuuuuge there anyway because, well, NEW YORK.  And I do regard it as a travesty that tiny electoral states and states that never go Red anyway decide the outcome of the GOP primary, but I don't see any way to fix that given the stakeholders and the level to which every one of them is invested in it.

Big mistake number two was the quasi-deal with Kasich.  It wouldn't have smelled bad at all if the deal had been for Kasich to get out and pledge his delegates to Cruz, but the way they actually went about it made it look like they were trying to be too cool for school and have it both ways, in a year when that doesn't play well with the electorate, who clearly aren't valuing clever political maneuvers.

The third big mistake (Though it was running before and after the second) was the behind-the-scenes maneuvering to line up delegates already pledged to Trump, in states where Trump had beaten him, with an eye to the second ballot in a contested convention.  This got to the point that it no longer looked like he was just picking off some marginal ones here and there, but created the appearance (In the eyes of the outraged and highly-vocal Trump voters in states Trump had carried) of subverting the will of the electorate.  While in reality Cruz and his agents did nothing illegal under the rules, again, in a year when Populist disaffection with political insiders has been decisive, it made him look like a rule-weasel-sneaky-lawyer rather than the outsider they were looking for, and poisoned the well in important primaries that were still to run.  If he'd kept a lid on his organization until the primaries had closed out, it may not have lined up as many, but it wouldn't have fired the anger of anyone yet to vote.  His much-touted superb ground organization got 'way too far ahead of the power curve.

Those are my thoughts on it, I'm sure everyone has their own ideas on the whole thing, of course.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2016, 03:57:43 PM »
Just some idle thoughts here.

I changed my party affiliation from Republican to Independent recently. I have learned some things about the current state of politics that I wouldn't have been aware of it it wasn't for Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders. The parties have rigged the nomination process as best they can to give Americans what the parties want not what Americans want. I see this as true in all national elections and is probably apparent at the state and local levels if I bothered to took closer. In the 2008 election none of the political options were good and in 2012 only a couple that I found acceptable were available. What did we get for all our voting? John McCain and Mitt Romney, one a liberal and the other barely above a liberal.

I will be voting for Trump because I don't like the alternative. I don't even see the point of arguing about it anymore. Trump is it and the rest is only what might have been. Now with that said, if Hillary is indicted and Biden is picked as her replacement then we can kiss the election goodbye because Trump will not beat Biden.  We as conservatives will still be divided over Trump and the libs, both Sanders and Clinton supporters will rally around him. He is a choice that both will accept. At that point Trump and his divisiveness will be a point of contention that conservatives will not be able to get around.

A lot of people feel like txradioguy and I can't blame them. They (like me) didn't like the Donald from the beginning. TRG, may not be able to get past his feelings and vote for Trump and again I understand that completely. I do understand this as well, if we can't unite now and get past the hard feelings then Clinton may be able to divide us further and pull enough of the 'anyone but Trump' people over to her side to give her a win. Now if we can find a way to support Trump and we can get some of the Sanders people to come on board just to spite the Clintonistas Trump can take the White House. I don't know what he'll do as President but I do know what Hillary will do and that is to finish the job that Obama started.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 06:20:48 PM by FlaGator »
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 04:37:42 PM »
When liberals come into power, they replace conservatives with liberals and nobody bats an eye.  That still doesn't quite mesh with fascism and an incoming government has a right to replace staffers and whatnot.

Maybe the problem is conservatives don't understand what fascism is so we just get a surface conservatism every few years while the rot of liberalism still inhabits the core of the government and replacing them isn't fascism but governing (which I am also not sure if Republicans understand what governing is, they seem to think it is conceding to liberalism).
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Duke Nukum

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 04:53:35 PM »
Well there's the fact too that this has never been done for a previous candidate.

These RNC staff types work there regardless of who the nominee is now they are being told either you kiss Trumps ring or you're gone.

That's sick.

But some here seem to think that's just swell just because of their own blind worship to the bloviating orange POS.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

I'm sure the reason this is happening is because the donor and consulting classes within the RNC are kvetching as much as you are  about Donald Trump, only in their case, it's the loss of pull and financial losses that are on their minds.

Romney and McCainez didn't threaten the gravy train. They were status quo "sell-out-to-buy-in-buy-in-to-sell-out" type of politicians.

I don't think anybody wants to kiss Trump's rings, that's just sort of bizarre.  I'm sure they are just saying, "Kvetch all you want but if you can't do your job (which is getting the nominee elected, in case that is unclear) then get out." Or maybe they are just saying, "Make this look good, Trump has exposed us enough already, as soon as they relax we can work to get Hillary elected." I don't know. I don't have the golden ticket.
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 05:34:55 PM »
Just some idle thoughts here.

I changed my party affiliation from Republican to Independent recently. I have learned some things about the current state of politics that I wouldn't have been aware of it it wasn't for Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders. The parties have rigged the nomination process as best they can to give Americans what the parties want not what Americans want. I see this as true in all national elections and is probably apparent at the state and local levels if I bothered to took closer. In the 2008 election none of the political options were good and in 2012 only a couple that I found acceptable were available. What did we get for all our voting? John McCain and Mitt Romney, one a liberal and the other barely above a liberal.

I will be voting for Trump because I don't like the alternative. I don't even see the point of arguing about it anymore. Trump is it and the rest is only what might have been. Now with that said, if Hillary is indicted and Biden is picked as her replacement then we can kiss the election goodbye because Trump will not beat Biden.  We as conservatives will still be divided over Trump and the libs, both Sanders and Clinton supporters will rally around him. He is a choice that both will accept. At that point Trump and his divisiveness will a point of contention that conservatives will not be able to get around.

A lot of people feel like txradioguy and I can't blame them. They (like me) didn't like the Donald from the beginning. TRG, may not be able to get past his feelings and vote for Trump and again I understand that completely. I do understand this as well, if we can't unite now and get past the hard feelings then Clinton may be able to divide us further and pull enough of the 'anyone but Trump' people over to her side to give her a win. Now if we can find a way to support Trump and we can get some of the Sanders people to come on board just to spite the Clintonistas Trump can take the White House. I don't know what he'll do as President but I do know what Hillary will do and that is to finish the job that Obama started.

Couldn't have said it better, H5.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 07:34:14 PM »
  The parties have rigged the nomination process as best they can to give Americans what the parties want not what Americans want.

And open primaries is just one item, where democrats and independents get to vote on republican candidates.  :thatsright:

I see this as true in all national elections and is probably apparent at the state and local levels if I bothered to took closer.   

I can attest to the latter. I was a political operative on the local level (county) with a job in county government. I took the job with the understanding that if a democrat won I would be out on the street. I WAS prepared for that eventuality, but when I supported Reagan IN THE PRIMARY and the county GOP was for Bush, I was on the outside looking in.........the Chair of Reagan for President in my county said it would not affect my job. (my boss said my job was eliminated, but that job was later reinstated with a new title at a later time  :-):lmao: 

So much for not towing the GOP line.  :-)

John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne