Author Topic: NY pols stunned: learn Obama administration opposes funding for 9/11 health bill  (Read 1924 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
The Obama administration stunned New York's delegation Thursday, dropping the bombshell news that it does not support funding the 9/11 health bill.

The state's two senators and 14 House members met with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius just hours before President Obama implored in his speech to the nation for Congress to come together and deliver a government that delivers on its promises to the American people.

So the legislators were floored to learn the Democratic administration does not want to deliver for the tens of thousands of people who sacrificed after 9/11, and the untold numbers now getting sick.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/01/28/2010-01-28_ny_pols_stunned_to_learn_obama_administration_opposes_funding_for_911_health_bil.html#ixzz0dx8m4hul

Offline thundley4

Aren't most of those affected first responders, police and firefighters?  Is this a slap at the unions for them fighting Lord Zero on health care?

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Aren't most of those affected first responders, police and firefighters?  Is this a slap at the unions for them fighting Lord Zero on health care?

Is there any doubt?  That is, after all, the "Chicago Way".
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Is there any doubt?  That is, after all, the "Chicago Way".

I got news for the former junior dipshit from Illinois.  He ain't in Chicago anymore....

Just because it played in Peoria doesn't mean it won't be banned on Broadway....
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
I got news for the former junior dipshit from Illinois.  He ain't in Chicago anymore....

Just because it played in Peoria doesn't mean it won't be banned on Broadway....

"You know what the difference is between '94 and '10?  We have me this time."

I can't wait to see that ego popped like a balloon, come November.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Oceander

Well, now I know what just happened - here I am, sitting in my little apartment, when all of a sudden I felt the whole building lurch very slightly to the right - I thought it might be one of those earthquakes that's been bedeviling the rest of the world, but now I know it was just most of Manhattan abandoning the Democrats.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
most of Manhattan abandoning the Democrats.

Not even close.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
So the legislators were floored to learn the Democratic administration does not want to deliver for the tens of thousands of people who sacrificed after 9/11, and the untold numbers now getting sick.

Obama to he 9/11 First Responders: "Screw you"
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Oceander

Not even close.

Oh, don't be too sure - I'm not saying it's in the bag, but that is still going to create substantial tectonic disruptions in the NYC lib/Democrat space-time continuum.

Offline whiffleball

Why be stunned?  Everyone knows how he feels about his Muslim brothers and coddling of terrorists.  To support something like this might be seen as 'dissing' them and could possibly hurt their feelings. 

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Oh, don't be too sure - I'm not saying it's in the bag, but that is still going to create substantial tectonic disruptions in the NYC lib/Democrat space-time continuum.

Gotta agree with ya.  NY Dems in Manhattan have demonstrated this annoying (to the Dems, anyway) tendancy to agree with Dem stances on terrorism publically, then do something opposite that when the voting booth curtains are drawn behind them.  I'll check with a very well-connected Dem lobbyist I know in Albany, from my past drinking days.  I'd mention something about that (my past drinking days), but I don't want to thread-jack.  I'll post something in the Lounge.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 05:05:53 AM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Didn't Michael Moore take several 9/11 first responders to Cuba in his movie Sicko to embarrass Bush?
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Karin

Oceander, please keep us up to date on what you hear on the street, what the chatter is. 

Offline thundley4

Didn't Michael Moore take several 9/11 first responders to Cuba in his movie Sicko to embarrass Bush?

I think he did, but I never watched any of his crap.