Author Topic: Obama plans major address in Islamic capital: interview  (Read 4240 times)

Offline djones520

Re: Obama plans major address in Islamic capital: interview
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 06:36:15 PM »
Outside of Israel Jordan is the most western friendly country in the middle east

Kuwait, Qatar, Afghanistan?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 07:53:42 AM »

mutually exclusive I believe

:catfight:  <<< That's about the extent of it.   :whatever:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 10:01:47 AM »
Wouldn't it be a volunteer post in the first place?

If so, wouldn't said volunteer have to apply for the next open slot?  If you don't want to be a human shield for a human shitbag, don't submit the application, right?

I wasn't able to find anything concrete about whether or not the POTUS detail is volunteer. In all honesty, and knowing the gummint, I would think that corporate/Secret Service politics would enter into a situation like that at least to SOME level.

Seems to me the gig would be offered based on lots of different criteria, not the least of which would be what you'd expect an SS agent to be -- watchful, competent, ego-less, diligent. But there is NO organization yet devised that doesn't have its own "methodologies" in appointing people to particular jobs.

Sure, I'd think that anybody who was to be appointed to the POTUS detail would have a say-so in the matter. But the attempt would be made to recruit/offer the gig in the first place. And there's no doubt in my mind that there are those who, because of the prestige associated with the gig, would defend Pol Pot from Cambodian survivors of the killing fields.

OTOH, how embarrassing would that be for the SS supervisor to offer the POTUS detail to an agent who calmly tells the supervisor to go **** himself? That he wouldn't defend the next POTUS from an self-inflicted attack of the farts?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 10:30:22 AM »
Kuwait, Qatar, Afghanistan?

OK I stand correctted. Kuwait & Qatar like US money more than they hate the infidels though. Afghanistan is in the process of deciding what they think about the US but they leaning towards we being OK.  :tongue:
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.