Author Topic: HAPPENING NOW!! BRITNEY SPEARS A NO-SHOW AT COURT HEARING  (Read 5197 times)

Offline Lauri

HAPPENING NOW!! BRITNEY SPEARS A NO-SHOW AT COURT HEARING
« on: January 14, 2008, 11:13:29 PM »
TahitiNut  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Mon Jan-14-08 02:04 PM
Original message
HAPPENING NOW!! BRITNEY SPEARS A NO-SHOW AT COURT HEARING

OMFG!!!

WOW!!

I sure am glad the Corporate Media is keeping its finger on the pulse of what people REALLY seek an in-depth understanding of!

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

they are mostly having fun with this non-news event.. til this..

onenote       Mon Jan-14-08 04:08 PM
Response to Original message
42. funny thing is that I wouldn't have known about this but for it being reported on DU
since its actually buried on the CNN website, which is the mainstream site I check for new from time to time during the day.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2680892

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: HAPPENING NOW!! BRITNEY SPEARS A NO-SHOW AT COURT HEARING
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 11:19:26 PM »

[small snip]

42. funny thing is that I wouldn't have known about this but for it being reported on DU
since its actually buried on the CNN website, which is the mainstream site I check for new from time to time during the day.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2680892

or unless you had your TV tuned to any one of about 20 channels. :whatever:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 11:28:28 PM »
i try really hard not to learn anything new about Britney, Lindsey or Paris...

to no avail. i know more about those girls than i do my own kids  :whatever:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 11:35:16 PM »

LOL!  you can't avoid it.  one of the three has always just been arrested.  they need their own network;  the FUNN, perhaps.

Offline djones520

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 11:40:22 PM »

[small snip]

First I heard of it.  I don't have cable, and Foxnews.com didn't have it on their big headlines.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 11:41:33 PM »
I listened to talk radio for about five hours today.  This story was mentioned on each hourly ABC News report.  It was mentioned on every half-hour local news report.  I don't think Jackie got this much press when she married Onassis.  

The funny part to me is, I would know this Spears girl if she came to my door wanting to paint my address on the curb.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 11:42:20 PM »

LOL!  you can't avoid it.  one of the three has always just been arrested.  they need their own network;  the FUNN, perhaps.

i would go for that... they should put all 'celebrity' news on just one channel and then, if you want/need that info.. you can go there.

as it is, i am looking for economic news and neil cavuto is prattling on about how Paris Hilton's grandpa isnt leaving her much money. like i care about this?? like the world cares about this?

suck it up neil! adults DO NOT CARE about hollyweird airheads..!

Offline Lauri

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 11:44:17 PM »

[small snip]

First I heard of it.  I don't have cable, and Foxnews.com didn't have it on their big headlines.

Greta's show follows Britney as if she's actually some newsworthy event. a blonde woman was the host tonight and she didnt seem all that inspired by any of it. but greta's show is all tabloid stuff anyway.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 11:45:02 PM »
I listened to talk radio for about five hours today.  This story was mentioned on each hourly ABC News report.  It was mentioned on every half-hour local news report.  I don't think Jackie got this much press when she married Onassis. 

The funny part to me is, I would know this Spears girl if she came to my door wanting to paint my address on the curb.

oh sure you would... the paparazzi would be behind her :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 11:45:58 PM »

i would go for that... they should put all 'celebrity' news on just one channel and then, if you want/need that info.. you can go there.

as it is, i am looking for economic news and neil cavuto is prattling on about how Paris Hilton's grandpa isnt leaving her much money. like i care about this?? like the world cares about this?

you know, we might actually be on to something here.  the F*ck Up News Network could handle all the latest on brittany & Co., and leave the other cable news networks to handle minor stories like presidential elections, and historic presidential trips to the middle east.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 11:46:51 PM »
I listened to talk radio for about five hours today.  This story was mentioned on each hourly ABC News report.  It was mentioned on every half-hour local news report.  I don't think Jackie got this much press when she married Onassis. 

you would when she got the house number backwards. :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 11:47:55 PM »

[small snip]

Greta's show follows Britney as if she's actually some newsworthy event. a blonde woman was the host tonight and she didnt seem all that inspired by any of it. but greta's show is all tabloid stuff anyway.

didn't greta handle noteworthy court stories before she went "all tabloid, all the time"?

Offline Lauri

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 11:52:32 PM »

you know, we might actually be on to something here.  the F*ck Up News Network could handle all the latest on brittany & Co., and leave the other cable news networks to handle minor stories like presidential elections, and historic presidential trips to the middle east.

i'd buy it!

Offline Lauri

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 11:54:02 PM »

[small snip]

didn't greta handle noteworthy court stories before she went "all tabloid, all the time"?

yes, she did. i figure she is able to keep talking about these girls cause they always wind up needing lawyers every few weeks.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 11:54:27 PM »

i'd buy it!

we'd have to create it first.  oh, wait, we have a whole internets dedicated to mindless crap.  :thatsright:  why do we need a TV network that deals with the same subject matter?

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 11:56:37 PM »

[small snip]

yes, she did. i figure she is able to keep talking about these girls cause they always wind up needing lawyers every few weeks.

I guess the "courtroom beat" is a pretty slippery slope.  you start off covering scooter libby, and the next thing you know, you are doing the play by play of brittany and her boyfriend of the moment running out of a church, and speculating why they were there.