Author Topic: WTF? "Obama Signs Bill To Create Reagan Centennial Panel"  (Read 1509 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
WTF? "Obama Signs Bill To Create Reagan Centennial Panel"
« on: September 02, 2009, 08:23:22 AM »
MadHound  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Sep-02-09 07:01 AM
Original message
WTF? "Obama Signs Bill To Create Reagan Centennial Panel"

OK, I admit, I've been busy this year and focused on other things, so this one slipped by me.

"With the stroke of a pen Tuesday, Obama created the Ronald Reagan Centennial Commission, an 11-person panel that will plan and carry out activities to mark the 100th anniversary, in 2011, of the president's birth.

His widow, Nancy, watched as Obama signed the bill in the Diplomatic Reception Room of the White House."

What are we doing celebrating the life and actions of a 2 rate actor who became one of the most horrible presidents in our history? Why is Obama going along with this madness? I'm sorry, but I don't want an entire year of more bullshit about Reagan.

Sadly, it seems as though Obama's admiration for Reagan has blinded him to the fact that this man left us with a record breaking debt, started the deregulation nightmare, started the attack on unions, and began the outsourcing madness, all while conducting illegal wars around the world and setting the groundwork for the 911 attacks and the current debacle in Afghanistan.

We shouldn't be celebrating the life of this man, after all I've yet to see any such centennial celebrations of other dead presidents. Why is Obama going along with this one?

Oh, yeah, his admiration for Reagan, wanting to be bipartisan, yadda, yadda, yadda, bullshit, bullshit.

How I wish we had a real liberal for president, not this faux liberal, DLC liberal.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6443658

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Suck it DUmmies.  :bird: :bird: :bird:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: WTF? "Obama Signs Bill To Create Reagan Centennial Panel"
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 08:57:17 AM »

"Bite me DUmmies" - Ronaldus Magnus
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 10:50:35 AM »
What are we doing celebrating the life and actions of a 2 rate actor who became one of the most horrible presidents in our history? Why is Obama going along with this madness? I'm sorry, but I don't want an entire year of more bullshit about Reagan.

It has nothing to do with his acting ability...and most historians (even liberal ones) would strongly disagree with you on whether Reagan was a "horrible" President.  Suck on it, DUmmy.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 10:54:07 AM »
Oh yeah DUmmie. The President who brought the Soviet Union to it's knees and ended the Cold War was "the worst president ever".

**** off! You're embarrassing yourself.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chump

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 11:13:07 AM »
Record breaking debt?  Have you missed the first 8 months of 2009 in a cloud of bong smoke?
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 11:15:08 AM »
Oh yeah DUmmie. The President who brought the Soviet Union to it's knees and ended the Cold War was "the worst president ever".

**** off! You're embarrassing yourself.

Have you ever seen the threads where the DUmmies refute the FACT that Reagan helped end the Soviet Union and ended the Cold War?  I'm not sure the DUmmies could pass a logic class.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 11:18:58 AM »
Have you ever seen the threads where the DUmmies refute the FACT that Reagan helped end the Soviet Union and ended the Cold War?  I'm not sure the DUmmies could pass a logic class.
They can't pass a turd without instructions.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 11:23:12 AM »
Record breaking debt?  Have you missed the first 8 months of 2009 in a cloud of bong smoke?

Only tip of the iceberg too. Especially if this health care nonsense sees the light of day.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 11:46:42 AM »
He destroyed the Soviet Union, to the benefit of the entire free world.
He freed the imprisoned millions of Eastern Europe.
He destroyed the growing footholds of Communists in the Western Hemisphere.
He made domestic decisions that left us with an era of unprecedented prosperity that we enjoy to this day.
Most importantly, he restored American pride and optimism after the snivelling, incompetent embarrassment of the Carter years.
As he said in closing his farewell address to the nation, "Not bad, not bad at all."

Now we have a Kenyan muslim trying to recreate the Carter "malaise".

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 12:30:02 PM »
He destroyed the Soviet Union, to the benefit of the entire free world.
He freed the imprisoned millions of Eastern Europe.
He destroyed the growing footholds of Communists in the Western Hemisphere.
He made domestic decisions that left us with an era of unprecedented prosperity that we enjoy to this day.
Most importantly, he restored American pride and optimism after the snivelling, incompetent embarrassment of the Carter years.
As he said in closing his farewell address to the nation, "Not bad, not bad at all."

Now we have a Kenyan muslim trying to recreate the Carter "malaise".

I think O-Bummer is vieing for the Worst ever! Just the appointment of Czars is enough for me to think so. Before Bam Bam the last time we heard of Czars was before the great experiment of communism. Hmmmm.........isn't that a co-inky dinky!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 01:12:40 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO2_49TycdE[/youtube] :-)

I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 02:05:37 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO2_49TycdE[/youtube] :-)

It looked at one point like Reagan was going to get up and put a beatdown on that idiot.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 02:12:42 PM »
The story behind the nashua Moment:

When the Nashua Telegraph offered to sponsor a debate between the two of us on the Saturday evening preceding the election, we both accepted. Understandably, this brought howls from the other candidates. In protest, one of them, Senator Bob Dole, complained to the Federal Elections Commission that by financing a debate between only two of the seven candidates, the newspaper was making an illegal campaign contribution to the Bush and Reagan campaigns. The commission agreed with him, so my campaign offered to pay the full cost of the debate - a few thousand dollars - and they accepted.

I thought it had been unfair to exclude the other candidates from the debate. Most of them were also campaigning in New Hampshire that weekend, and since we were now sponsoring and paying for it, I decided to invite them to join the debate. Four of the other candidates - Bob Dole, Howard Baker, John Anderson, and Phil Crane (John Connally was campaigning elsewhere) - accepted. When we walked on to a platform set up for the debate at the Nashua High School gymnasium Saturday night, there was one table, two chairs, and six candidates. When he spotted the four other candidates, Jim Baker, George Bush's campaign manager, protested and said George would not participate in the debate as long as they were part of it. Since I had invited them, I couldn't go along with him and exclude the other candidates, so we were at an awkward impasse. George just sat frozen in his chair, not saying anything; I sat in the other chair with the four other candidates standing behind me, looking embarrassed in front of two or three thousand people while being literally told they had to leave.

Unable to understand what was going on, the audience hooted and hollered an urged us to proceed. I decided I should explain to the crowd what the delay was all about and started to speak. As I did, an editor of the Nashua newspaper shouted to the sound man, "Turn Mr. Reagan's microphone off." Well, I didn't like that - we were paying the freight for the debate and he was acting as if his newspaper was still sponsoring it. I turned to him, with the microphone still on, and said the first thing that came to my mind: "I am paying for this microphone, Mr. Breen." Well, for some reason my words hit the audience, whose emotions were already worked up, like a sledgehammer. The crowd roared and just went wild. I may have won the debate, the primary - and the nomination - right there.

http://www.ronaldreagan.com/primaries.html

Offline Chump

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »
It looked at one point like Reagan was going to get up and put a beatdown on that idiot.

I'm sure the thought crossed his mind.

Why do we have such neutered idiots in office?  What happened to us in 20 short years?

Oh, that's right, you can't tell the entitlement whores and leech****s that they are a drain on society.  You have to be "nice," not "offend" anyone, use "correct speech."  Make sure you avoid direct statements about your opinions, goals, and intentions.

My kingdom for a modicum of honesty.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.

Offline crockspot

• In Memoriam
  • Bite me, libs.
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 05:58:50 PM »
I'm sure the thought crossed his mind.

Why do we have such neutered idiots in office?  What happened to us in 20 short years?

Oh, that's right, you can't tell the entitlement whores and leech****s that they are a drain on society.  You have to be "nice," not "offend" anyone, use "correct speech."  Make sure you avoid direct statements about your opinions, goals, and intentions.

My kingdom for a modicum of honesty.

I think that's why Palin has a certain amount of appeal to a lot of people. Well... that, and... she's frickin' HOT.  :evillaugh:

Offline Chump

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 06:01:58 PM »
I think that's why Palin has a certain amount of appeal to a lot of people. Well... that, and... she's frickin' HOT.  :evillaugh:

She definitely has visual appeal, but she mostly got me excited because she's actually straightforward, honest, and intelligent.

Hey RINO's, how does it feel to know Palin is far more of a man than you could ever be, and much more woman than you could ever hope to get?

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 01:16:08 AM »

True story (told in proper Army fashion, disregard the so at the beginning, this is not a bouncy): So there I was, no shit, standing in formation for my Brigade's mass change of command/reflagging ceremony.  It was Dec 15, 2006 in Fairbanks, AK.  I remember being bored and tired of standing around until they announce the governor.  I didn't pay much attention until I peeked out the corner of my eye, and from 50 yards away, was thinking, "damn, she's pretty hot... that's the governor?  Why couldn't she have been there to greet us coming off the plane?  Sure woulda raised my morale...".  Couldn't turn my head to really look, but spent the next 10-15 minutes peeking at her every now and then.