Author Topic: Low-income families use taxpayer money for crab legs and more  (Read 2135 times)

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Low-income families use taxpayer money for crab legs and more
« on: August 31, 2009, 04:28:05 PM »
I don't have time to post anything but you REALLY need to read some of these comments;

One of them calls those who pay into the program, ASSHOLES! 

Roon  (1000+ posts)       
Mon Aug-31-09 11:15 AM
Original message

Low-income families use taxpayer money for crab legs and more
 DENVER - A 9Wants to Know investigation shows low-income Coloradans receiving food stamps and other federal benefits are using the money to buy crab legs, cigarettes, energy drinks, shrimp scampi and Starbucks ground coffee.
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=122328&c...

This thread makes me sick.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: Low-income families use taxpayer money for crab legs and more
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 04:42:56 PM »
I was behind a hoochie momma and her scarface wannabe baby daddy in line one day.  Those two pulled steaks, lobster, and all kinds of food that I can afford maybe once every six months.  Then she paid for it with her food stamps card. :thatsright: :thatsright:  I wanted to stomp them both.  Their combined wardrobe could have fed my family well for months.  Their shoes alone cost more than my biweekly car payment. :bird:  Damn that pisses me off.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 04:59:20 PM »
I was behind a hoochie momma and her scarface wannabe baby daddy in line one day.  Those two pulled steaks, lobster, and all kinds of food that I can afford maybe once every six months.  Then she paid for it with her food stamps card. :thatsright: :thatsright:  I wanted to stomp them both.  Their combined wardrobe could have fed my family well for months.  Their shoes alone cost more than my biweekly car payment. :bird:  Damn that pisses me off.
I know exactly what you mean.  When I was struggling to get through college with 3 kids, the other lady in my class was a welfare mom.  I met her at the grocery store all the time...every time she was buying food beyond what I could afford.  Her kids had Nike shoes and new bikes, mine wore garage sale clothes and rode GoodWill bikes.  The only thing that made me feel any better was when I read her husband's name in the paper a few years later...he got sent up for dealing drugs.   :-)

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 05:06:11 PM »
The level of judgment displayed in their economic choices does go a long way to explaining why they are on public assistance.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 05:07:07 PM »
My wife used to work for county social services and often comments on this type of crap.

The number of them that would come in with all the jewelry, high end cell phone, hair weaves professional manicures, expensive clothes and then complain that they weren't getting enough from the county.  It was sad that the county SS employees couldn't afford what the welfare cases had.

25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 05:12:30 PM »
Don't you all know that Welfare Queen business is just a racist stereotype that doesn't really exist.
Those folks probably have a reverse shellfish allergy, and have to eat lobster or prawns or sea scallops every night.

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 05:38:56 PM »
Here are a few of the gems I saw as I was leaving my office;

knitter4democracy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Mon Aug-31-09 11:17 AM
Response to Original message

2. If you give people money, it's their right to spend it as they do.

Otherwise, you're saying that they're children who get a monitored allowance. If you want them to act like adults, then they have to have the right to spend it as they see fit--and pay the consequences when the money runs out early at the end of the month, etc.

Uh ... right.  That IS what we bitch about now!

Gormy Cuss  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)

Mon Aug-31-09 01:27 PM
Response to Reply #6

65. Their "report" is based on some receipts saved by ONE grocery checker.

No mention of how long it took her to accumulate her evidence, no mention of whether she works in a large market or a small one. In other words, no idea what the frequency of luxury purchasing is even in that one store. Aside from the fact that the checker should mind her own business, the only point in doing this allegedly balanced story is to stir up the welfare queen myth.

And to the EBT recipient who bought $30 worth of crab legs: I hope it was a nice birthday party.

Uhhh It is every working Americans business because it is OUR money that is being shelled out like there was no effort to get it.

CBGLuthier  (1000+ posts)

Mon Aug-31-09 11:20 AM

7. Poor People Smoke?

Oh heavens no. How dare they. And they all should eat shit sandwiches on week old bread. How dare they blow the 150 that came out of good hard working assholes pockets.

Nice to know they appreciate us.  100 bucks to 1 buck CBGLoser is on the dole.

Hannah Bell  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)

Mon Aug-31-09 02:33 PM
Response to Reply #77

80. yes, & you can't buy cigarettes with the card, either. not unless the merchants cheat.

welfare isn't food stamps. two entirely separate programs.

welfare recipients have to go to classes daily & apply for a specified number of jobs per week. if they don't, they get cut off. the requirements make it essentially like having a job. if they can manage that while "going drinking every night", good for them.

Thank GOD they don't have to take drug and alcohol tests to get the free money ....

Kahuna  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)

Mon Aug-31-09 11:24 AM

13. All of those purchases stimulate the economy. So, what difference

does it make what they buy?

I'll bet if they lived next door to you in a nicer home, driving a nicer car and having parties every weekend serving good steak ..... I'll just bet it would make a difference to you .... IF you have a job and are not on the dole.  Otherwise you are going over to the neighbors for 'tips'.

There is some serious thought deficiency over there.

KC
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 08:46:36 PM by Texacon »
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 05:43:58 PM »
Now if a rich person who worked for his money buys anything fancy the dummies have a shit fit.  :mental:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 06:16:52 PM »
Liberals hold that those individual citizens who recieve money from the public coffers should not be held accountable to be responsible with what was given them.  Without even realizing it, the primitives are being extremely hateful to those having to depend upon assistance.  What they're really saying is they don't care if these people misuse funds meant to help feed their families, just as long as some money was thrown their way it helps relieve their conscience and makes them feel like they really did something.  That thread documents the eventual economic and social collaspe of the USA as good as any thread I've ever seen over there.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 07:23:53 PM »
Damn, JUST DAMN!

There was a point in my life where me and "Toots" had to rely on food stamps. It was during the Carter years, big surprise. The only steak we ate was either marinated for a month or we had to beat the shit out of it in order to chew it! We always ended up eating pancakes and eggs at the end of the month. Sometimes we could splurge with a potato or two and venison that I had to hunt!

****!!! These people piss me off!!!!!!!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 07:28:36 PM »

I will point out (again) that is because 'baby daddy' actually had income that is not being reported while 'baby mama' collects on benefits fraudulently because his income is unreported. It's a racket and lower class trash(and even a budding number of middle class opportunists and cheats) know how to work the system to their advantage, yet Obama and others like him will work diligently to 'fix' loopholes that help middle and middle upper class families keep more of the money they have actually earned.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 07:29:24 PM »
Damn, JUST DAMN!

There was a point in my life where me and "Toots" had to rely on food stamps. It was during the Carter years, big surprise. The only steak we ate was either marinated for a month or we had to beat the shit out of it in order to chew it! We always ended up eating pancakes and eggs at the end of the month. Sometimes we could splurge with a potato or two and venison that I had to hunt!

****!!! These people piss me off!!!!!!!!!

You used it for it's intended purpose. No one holds ANY disdain for someone who falls on hard times and needs a little help. It's those douchebags that make it a career. ....and Mississippi is stock FULL of those f'n leeches. I worked at Kroger when I was 15 as a bagger. Drove a 68 GMC with 3 on the column, no power steering, no power breaks, black with orange interior. I cannot TELL you how many leeches bought tons of groceries, my parents couldn't afford, with stamps and when I got out to their vehicle, it was a new model. They were also the MAIN ones that pretty much demanded I take their groceries out to their cars. Many people who paid their own way would normally tell me "no thank you", when asked if they needed help.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 07:32:20 PM »
Here are a few of the gems I saw as I was leaving my office;

Uh ... right.  That IS what we bitch about now!

Uhhh It is every working Americans business because it is OUR money that is being shelled out like there was no effort to get it.

Nice to know they appreciate us.  100 bucks to 1 buck CBGLooser is on the dole.

Thank GOD they don't have to take drug and alcohol tests to get the free money ....

I'll bet if they lived next door to you in a nicer home, driving a nicer car and having parties every weekend serving good steak ..... I'll just bet it would make a difference to you .... IF you have a job and are not on the dole.  Otherwise you are going over to the neighbors for 'tips'.

There is some serious thought deficiency over there.

KC

Should tell you how many losers are collectors of government assistance just based on the comments over there. THIS is the type of shit the general public needs to see so they can see how ungrateful losers like this are. I already knew this. The entitlement mentality is alive and well in many who SUPPLEMENT their income on the charity of others.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 08:00:36 PM »
They pull up in Taxi Cabs and have them wait while they freakin shop!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 08:49:27 PM »
Don't even get me started!!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 09:36:29 PM »
welfare recipients have to go to classes daily & apply for a specified number of jobs per week. if they don't, they get cut off. the requirements make it essentially like having a job. if they can manage that while "going drinking every night", good for them

No they do not go to daily classes. I have never met one person on food stamps who ever applied for a job or went to a class. I have known many people on food stamps too. By the way they can also get cash Families with Dependant Children payments on those same EBT cards.

Oh and that "stimulate the economy" thing is bogus. That money was taken out of one part of the economy and put somewhere with about 25% going for government overhead. This isn't stimulating the economy, no new wealth was created. It was just moved from one place to another.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 12:48:35 AM »
I lived in 2 Mississippi cities.  It didn't take me long to figure out you never grocery shopped on the 1st and 15th of any month at any store.  There were no chickens or ribs in the meat section those days, it was all bought out.

That meat was then cooked on a grill pulled right up on the street, packaged as plate lunches and sold. What wasn't sold that way was delivered and sold to black owned businesses only.  I could name one you'd all recognize.

The money anyone got from their government checks doubled and tripled overnight into fast cash.  It was all about gaming the system.

Classes ?  Job hunting ?  Never saw it.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 08:09:28 AM »
I remember working at a grocery store and seeing those things happen too. What really leaves an impression is when you have a family pulling up three or four carts at a time. Then you notice its a hispanic family or probably several. They always seemed so happy...

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 08:28:40 AM »
I lived in 2 Mississippi cities.  It didn't take me long to figure out you never grocery shopped on the 1st and 15th of any month at any store.  There were no chickens or ribs in the meat section those days, it was all bought out.

That meat was then cooked on a grill pulled right up on the street, packaged as plate lunches and sold. What wasn't sold that way was delivered and sold to black owned businesses only.  I could name one you'd all recognize.

The money anyone got from their government checks doubled and tripled overnight into fast cash.  It was all about gaming the system.

Classes ?  Job hunting ?  Never saw it.

I don't think that most people would mind if someone did that once then reinvested the profits and started a business and got off welfare.  I guess that even though they can cook well enough to make money from it there just isn't the desire to work hard for a bigger profit in the longer term.

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 10:05:39 AM »
I don't think that most people would mind if someone did that once then reinvested the profits and started a business and got off welfare.  I guess that even though they can cook well enough to make money from it there just isn't the desire to work hard for a bigger profit in the longer term.

They'll work until they get to buy what they want and then they'll quit. Or work just enough to "get by"

Offline Flame

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 10:15:39 AM »

My question is, if they are capable of working to do this (buy the food, prepare it, sell it, etc) then why on earth are we giving them any money in the first place?

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 10:17:17 AM »
My question is, if they are capable of working to do this (buy the food, prepare it, sell it, etc) then why on earth are we giving them any money in the first place?

That is a racist comment you are being reported to the snitch line.  :tongue:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 10:26:51 AM »
What used to get me was seeing a fat woman walk up to the grocery counter with eight clearly malnourished kids (I'm talking painfully thin ten year olds that have that hollowed out look) in tow, and then pay with foodstamps.  I knew some of these kids enough to no, that none of them were suspected of having the same father and the fathers provided no assistance.

Then some of those kids started reproducing when they hit fourteen or fifteen.  I hardly see how not paying welfare to them would have done them any real harm.  Maybe if the girls and women understood that no, Unca Sugah ain't paying out no more they'd demand more accountability from the men they choose to sleep with.
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline thundley4

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 10:34:51 AM »
What used to get me was seeing a fat woman walk up to the grocery counter with eight clearly malnourished kids (I'm talking painfully thin ten year olds that have that hollowed out look) in tow, and then pay with foodstamps.  I knew some of these kids enough to no, that none of them were suspected of having the same father and the fathers provided no assistance.

Then some of those kids started reproducing when they hit fourteen or fifteen.  I hardly see how not paying welfare to them would have done them any real harm.  Maybe if the girls and women understood that no, Unca Sugah ain't paying out no more they'd demand more accountability from the men they choose to sleep with.

Hm, I've seen several studies that point to welfare as the beginning of the end for the black family.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 10:58:54 AM »
Hm, I've seen several studies that point to welfare as the beginning of the end for the black family.

Yeah, Margaret Sanger's Planned Parenthood wasn't working fast enough for the Leftist racists.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site