Author Topic: Illegal workers: Are they entitled to sue? (For back wages)  (Read 2105 times)

Offline djones520

Re: Illegal workers: Are they entitled to sue? (For back wages)
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 05:30:14 PM »
But in this case you have a criminal suing a criminal.  Both of them are wrong and should be punished.

Unless and until you make it uncomfortable/unprofitable for both the employer and the employee you will have the same problem.

KC

Then deport the illegals once the affair is done.  No ones saying we want them to stay.  But they did earn their pay.  In the mean time, we can still keep looking for the employers hirin them through standard means.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 05:35:29 PM »
Then deport the illegals once the affair is done.  No ones saying we want them to stay.  But they did earn their pay.  In the mean time, we can still keep looking for the employers hirin them through standard means.

This is where we will have to disagree.  I feel like;  If they are in my country illegally then they have no rights. 

Of course, I don't discriminate.  If someone comes into my home illegally they have no rights there either.  More likely than not the headline that would be in the morning paper would be "Justifiable Homicide in Small Local Community has Neighbors Cheering"

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 07:08:14 PM »
Working illegally in this country was their choice, and their risk to take.  If they don't get paid, tough sh*t.  They should not have been here in the first place.

Let 'em sue.  Anyone winning such a suit should be subject to immediate deportation and loss of all income from sais lawsuit in the form of an "alien tax"  (all said funds to be used to build/improve the border fence).  Then place a penalty on the employer at a rate of 110% on any profit made from illegal labor.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 07:54:53 PM »
Working illegally in this country was their choice, and their risk to take.  If they don't get paid, tough sh*t.  They should not have been here in the first place.

Let 'em sue.  Anyone winning such a suit should be subject to immediate deportation and loss of all income from sais lawsuit in the form of an "alien tax"  (all said funds to be used to build/improve the border fence).  Then place a penalty on the employer at a rate of 110% on any profit made from illegal labor.

I agree.  To me this is akin to the burglar who sues the business when they get stuck in the vent-a-hood trying to break in to 'make their living'.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 08:22:29 PM »
Regardless the employer needs to face a severe penalty.

And neither party will ever do that, for their own reasons.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 08:23:13 PM »
Agree.

Not when you consider what we think is "hosed" is still damn good money to them.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 08:34:30 PM »
This makes me wonder.  Should the illegals sue their employer and be successful at it ..... will TAXES be taken from ALL the earnings?  Retroactively?  Seems only fair.

KC

*Stolen

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 09:00:29 PM »
I look at it this way--if they can do it to illegals, then what's to stop them from doing it to LEGAL immigrants or even citizens?

Now, if they are in fact illegal, fine--pay them, then tax their asses and make them pay for their own plane ticket back to nation of origin.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 06:59:46 AM »
I look at it this way--if they can do it to illegals, then what's to stop them from doing it to LEGAL immigrants or even citizens?
There's that little matter of legal status in this country.
They break the law by entering this country.
They break the law by working in this country without authorization.
Now they complain for being screwed when they broke the law???  WTH?

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.