Author Topic: Willie Geist Just Said If Chappaquiddick Happened Today - Kennedy......  (Read 638 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
global1  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Aug-26-09 09:35 AM
Original message
Willie Geist Just Said If Chappaquiddick Happened Today - Kennedy......

would have been drummed out of his job. Yeah - right - just like Ensign, Vitter, Craig, Sanford were.

It just pisses me off that they have to get those digs in - don't they.

I'm back on CNN now - can't stand to watch the Scar. I was watching because Barnacle was such good friends with Teddy - he has some good insight and good stories. But Scar and Geist - just turn my stomach.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6394033

The stupid it burns

Ensign, Vitter, Craig, and Sanford did not leave a woman in a sinking car and call the police the next day after they sobered up. In fact the women they were messing with are still alive. Not that they didn't do wrong actions but the comparison does not work.

Rebubula  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Aug-26-09 09:44 AM
Response to Original message
6. Comparison is weak

Ensign cheated on his wife
Vitter dressed up in diapers; cheated on wife
Larry Craig tried to get a blowjob in a bathroom
Sanford lied to voters; cheated on wife

Kennedy drunkenly drove into a lake and left a young woman to die.

He certainly made up for his sins by helping millions of other people - but to say his crime was comparable to the aforementioned people is silly.

Ye a republican who got a DUI in which no one was hurt, 25 years before he ran for president was not forgivable.  :banghead:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Willie Geist Just Said If Chappaquiddick Happened Today - Kennedy......
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 10:38:49 AM »
He certainly made up for his sins by helping millions of other people...

I had a former employer--a rich liberal who hated Limbaugh, the war and was personally responsible for writing sub-prime loans to those who were not credit worthy--who was quite a philanderer. He said he's pretty certain many women had undergone abortions because of him but since he had at one time been a lifeguard and saved numerous lives it balanced everything out.

He was a total knob to have to work for. Arrogant, quasi-sociopathic bastard.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 11:00:39 AM »
There is no question. With today's 24-hour news cycle, he would have been both drummed out of office, and prosecuted for her death. To compete, even CNN would have been forced to put on the "experts" explaining how long the girl struggled to breathe in that air pocket, and how her terror increased her oxygen intake. While Ted Kennedy had a drink and met with his lawyers.

In the democrat-controlled news media of the '60s, people learned she died, but in an innocent accident. Kennedy's cold ruthlessness, all the glaring inconsistencies in his story, and the horrific nature of her death were much less widely known. 

Ted Kennedy is one of the most despicable political figures in American history.
At least Vince Foster was put down with a single shot to the head.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 11:27:48 AM »
In a related story, the US Department of Energy has announced today they will distill the remains of Ted Kennedy and extract the ethanol. US Postal Service trucks can operate for an estimated two months from this ethanol supply
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline lastparker

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 12:38:36 PM »
In a related story, the US Department of Energy has announced today they will distill the remains of Ted Kennedy and extract the ethanol. US Postal Service trucks can operate for an estimated two months from this ethanol supply
:-) :-)
Cursing is the crutch of the inarticulate mother****er, DUmmies.   -NHSparky

Deadbeats eating mushroom duxelles and dandelion salad with a shallot vinaigrette are still deadbeats.    -GOBUCKS

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 12:51:16 PM »
OMG Teh Stoopid it burns!! :whatever:

So the penance for leaving a young lady to drown in a sunken car at the bottom of lake is to become a "liberal lion" in the Senate? Only in DUmmieland.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle