Author Topic: Oscar Wilde describes himself  (Read 569 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Oscar Wilde describes himself
« on: August 25, 2009, 01:47:51 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6387845

Oh my.

The large-proboscised primitive, Oscar Wilde, who did NOT! donate to Skins's island:

Cyrano  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-25-09 02:13 PM
Original message

America the ugly 

This isn’t our first era of ugliness. Hell, with the exception of a very few eras, American history is filled with murder, mayhem and, in some cases, crimes against humanity.

I guess the first and one of the largest crimes, was the mass extermination of the people who inhabited this land before we came along. We call them Indians, but their self-chosen names are far more meaningful.

Then there was slavery that lasted for a few hundred years, and the remnants of which we still live with today. It is perhaps the most egregious, shameful, despicable criminal act committed in the history of this country. And what’s worse is that there are still far too many Americans today who, not only won’t condemn it, but would probably welcome its return.

WWII was our finest moment. “The Greatest Generation” really did save the world from fascism. But I guess we Americans will always disagree on the morality of dropping nuclear weapons on Hiroshima and Nagasaki – not to mention the tens of thousands of civilians killed when we fire bombed Tokyo and Dresden.

And that V-shaped black granite wall on the Washington Mall attests to one of our country’s most recent crimes and the 58,000 plus Americans who gave their lives for a lie.

So what about today? Our hands are now bloodied with countless deaths, the unspeakable crime of torture, and the recent revelations that we subcontracted murder. At the moment, our president is focused on health care. But we know that this is a man who can walk, chew gum, and flawlessly recite all the lines of “King Lear” at the same time. Obama is more than capable of addressing health care and crimes against humanity simultaneously. Someone needs to explain to me why he’s not doing it.

After eight years of a criminal administration, how come we still find ourselves in yet another really ugly American moment? Why are those we put into office doing nothing about the crimes against humanity committed during the past eight years? Is this an omen of what the rest of this century will look like? Why are Cheney/Bush & Co. walking around free? Why are they getting a free ride – the free ride that we refused to grant to German war criminals at Nuremberg?

So let's hear from you. Do you think I'm looking for a perfect world? Of just a relatively sane one?

By the way, I'm doing some research, and can't find a certain number I'm looking for.

What does one suppose someone makes, in the Miami (Florida) area, working as a nurse's aide in a nursing home?

The bonfire was just lit, and so only one primitive thus far:

rosesaylavee  (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-25-09 02:40 PM
Response to Original message

1. Well, this isn't over yet. 

There is a whole lot of ugly out there. I agree with you there. But health care reform is not over and done with yet.

Man, there ain't nothing uglier about America than the primitives on Skins's island, for whatever that's worth to Oscar Wilde; not only ugly in body, but in temperament, values, perceptions, greed, lust, gluttony, sloth.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: Oscar Wilde describes himself
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 03:37:19 PM »
This isn’t our first era of ugliness

No, it's not. The DUmp pukes up a picture thread about once every three months.

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 04:00:33 PM »
Probably about $28K, Frank. 

But we know that this is a man who can walk, chew gum, and flawlessly recite all the lines of “King Lear” at the same time.
  This is one of the most irritatingly stupid posts of the day.  First, king zero cannot recite King Lear, flawlessly or not.  All he can say is uh uh uh uh er er er er um um um without that telepromptor.  Second, what does that have to do with making intelligent policy? 

I know, he's just trying to illustrate multi-tasking, but still, it's DUmb and pretentious. 

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 06:59:17 PM »
WWII was our finest moment. “The Greatest Generation” really did save the world from fascism. But I guess we Americans will always disagree on the morality of dropping nuclear weapons on Hiroshima and Nagasaki – not to mention the tens of thousands of civilians killed when we fire bombed Tokyo and Dresden.

I guess the japs marching 5000 of our's and British prisoners to their death, another 3000 or so building a railroad thru Burma and killing 60% of them in the process, means we were the assholes, right? You would have rather had us lose another 250,000 of our servicemen rather than fry the civilian population of a country that was bent on world domination. **** 'em! It was their government and military that picked the fight and they were behind them 100%!

**** you and the camel you road in on! The beasts we are "torturing" killed, KILLED, 3000 of our innocent civilians! They cut the HEADS off of journalists that venture into their realm! You perverts would rather treat them like Princess Di, wouldn't you? Good thing us "Rednecks" never get ahold of these animals! You think threatening these monsters is torture? I'd cut their nuts off one at a time and make their buddies eat 'em! ESAD DUmbass!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 07:33:30 PM »
Then there was slavery that lasted for a few hundred years

1620 was when the Pilgrims arrived but give or take was into the early 1700s before much was settled so all and all the slave era was only around 100-130 years.

I am pretty sure I have seen that highlighted part posted before at the DUmp but have not searched for it yet.
It could have been him and now just repeating the same nonsense that they all do but also think there might be a little bit of plagiarism involved.
Good enough for the VP and greenbriar so why not the rest.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 08:02:01 PM »
1620 was when the Pilgrims arrived but give or take was into the early 1700s before much was settled so all and all the slave era was only around 100-130 years.

I am pretty sure I have seen that highlighted part posted before at the DUmp but have not searched for it yet.
It could have been him and now just repeating the same nonsense that they all do but also think there might be a little bit of plagiarism involved.
Good enough for the VP and greenbriar so why not the rest.

Slavery STILL exists in 3rd world countries. Hell most of the time it is a family's kin that sells them into slavery til this day! Ya think any of these DIpshits has ever cracked a REAL history book or is Wiki their idea of the downright authority on history?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!