Author Topic: Tolstoy primitive has problem cashing check  (Read 1741 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Tolstoy primitive has problem cashing check
« on: August 21, 2009, 04:34:58 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=327x877

Oh my.

The Tolstoy primitive, who has NOT donated to Skins's island:

warren pease (1000+ posts)        Tue Aug-18-09 03:10 PM
Original message

A question only the financially naive would ask, but ...

How do you cash a check without a bank account? The issuing bank is back east with no local presence that I'm aware of. I'm on an all cash, account-free basis since a period during which I had to short-sell the house, lost the car to the repo man, and maxed out credit cards (yeah, I know how stupid that is, but try telling your wife she has to deal with the pain from that abscessed tooth because I don't want to put $8K -- that we don't have -- on a card).

Anyway, without going to one of those seedy, usurious check-cashing places, is there a way to cash a legitimate check -- backed by adequate funds -- without an account someplace?

Oh, and that checking worthiness service whose name escapes me won't let me have a new account because of my recent history of scofflawism.

Yes, the Bush Economic Miracle has been very, very good to me...

It's really odd; no primitives ever showed up at this bonfire, given that primitives are perhaps experts in handling such a quandary.

Can anybody here help the Tolstoy primitive?

Anybody remember the time the late red round one wrote a bad check to the "JoanAlpern" primitive, the psychotic psychic, and it bounced?

What I could never figure out about that one was that a psychic is supposed to be able to foretell the future, and so why she didn't know it was a bad check until she tried to cash it, escapes me.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: Tolstoy primitive has problem cashing check
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 04:37:10 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=327x877

Oh my.

The Tolstoy primitive, who has NOT donated to Skins's island:

It's really odd; no primitives ever showed up at this bonfire, given that primitives are perhaps experts in handling such a quandary.

Anybody remember the time the late red round one wrote a bad check to the "JoanAlpern" primitive, the psychotic psychic, and it bounced?

What I could never figure out about that one was that a psychic is supposed to be able to foretell the future, and so why she didn't know it was a bad check until she tried to cash it, escapes me.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 04:43:23 PM »
$8K for an abcessed tooth?

Warren ****in' Buffett wouldn't pay $8K if the attending dentist headed the ADA and got to brush the Pope's teeth for him.

I recently priced two (2) root canals sans insurance and was quoted $1500.

It seems this dipshit (not that shit should be soiled by this idiot's touch) keeps teeth as well as they keep credit cards.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 04:44:20 PM »
$8K for an abcessed tooth?

Warren ****in' Buffett wouldn't pay $8K if the attending dentist headed the ADA and got to brush the Pope's teeth for him.

I recently priced two (2) root canals sans insurance and was quoted $1500.

It seems this dipshit (not that shit should be soiled by this idiot's touch) keeps teeth as well as they keep credit cards.

He spent 6k of that on crack.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 04:47:46 PM »
I believe seedy, usurious check-cashing places exist because no one else in their right
mind would cash a check for a person like DUmmy warren pease.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 04:48:55 PM »
I believe seedy, usurious check-cashing places exist because no one else in their right

Heck I'd be cautious taking cash from the clowns at DU.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 05:12:31 PM »

Perfect opportunity for the Tolstoy primitive to endorse the check, allow one of the other compassionate primitives to also endorse it, and deposit it into their account.  Once it clears in a week or 10 days, the compassionate primitive can retrieve the cash for the Tolstoy primitive.

Let's see how many volunteer to be compassionate.  So far it's been 3 days and no takers.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 05:16:01 PM »
Perfect opportunity for the Tolstoy primitive to endorse the check, allow one of the other compassionate primitives to also endorse it, and deposit it into their account.  Once it clears in a week or 10 days, the compassionate primitive can retrieve the cash for the Tolstoy primitive.

Let's see how many volunteer to be compassionate.
It's unlikely many of them will volunteer, since so many DUmmies have already done a similar compassionate 
favor for an exiled member of the former ruling family of Nigeria.

Offline whiteguyPI

• That sounds like a "you" problem
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 05:52:02 PM »
Oh FFS! The DUmmy should just go to Wal-Mart and cash the damn thing. They only take like $2 to do it. How hard is it to think like an adult?
Haji don't surf!
Jive turkey!

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 06:01:34 PM »
Oh FFS! The DUmmy should just go to Wal-Mart and cash the damn thing. They only take like $2 to do it. How hard is it to think like an adult?
Wal-mart = e-e-e-evil!

The oxygen thief could also cash it at the bank it was drawn on but that also implies a sense of self-reliance.

Of course this dipshit mentions he has numerous issues with the law, some of which might be outstanding. PI, you should see if he's worth $$$.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 06:04:09 PM »
Wal-mart = e-e-e-evil!

The oxygen thief could also cash it at the bank it was drawn on but that also implies a sense of self-reliance.

Of course this dipshit mentions he has numerous issues with the law, some of which might be outstanding. PI, you should see if he's worth $$$.

I thought the DUmmie said there was no local branch that the check was drawn on?   The DUmmie also said that he couldn't open a checking account because of his financial past, but that should not stop him from opening a saving account and then depositing the check..  I'm wondering if the check is legit.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 06:09:22 PM »

Yeah, basically.  Those "Usurious interest rates" are what a business would call a "Risk premium."
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2009, 07:56:07 PM »
I doubt any bank now will cash a check under those circumstances and even though it inconveniences another financially bumbling DUmmy who could blame them.

Offline The Village Idiot

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 10:39:46 PM »
He wrote this check to himself, didn't he? Its a bouncing forged check and he wants to cash it somewhere that doesn't have the hi-tech equipment

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 11:50:23 PM »
Heck I'd be cautious taking cash from the clowns at DU.

Without a frikkin' doubt!!!!!!!

And this Primitive's credit is so bad it can't cash a check? Bwahahahahahahahaha! Made my day!!!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 03:44:43 AM »
  He needs to get together with the illegal aliens, they cash checks every day.

I think his story is  :bs:    He may be trying to find a way to check kite in the future.

Nothing better then to get ideas to pull off a nefarious scheme in the future then to  get good ideas from complete strangers.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 05:12:05 AM »

And this Primitive's credit is so bad it can't cash a check? Bwahahahahahahahaha! Made my day!!!

The way I took it was that he was afraid to have a checking account due to liens and debts that could attach to funds in one.

Another incompetent deadbeat at the DUmp...surprising it is not.

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 07:36:34 AM »
Did you go to his website linked from his profile?  What a hoot!  It's all retread posts from fellow Islanders with the 3rd being one about the lack of compassion exhibited by Republicans.  Hmm, odd that he's getting nary one response from the Loving Liberals.

His website profile is even more humorous.  Not much this Primitive hasn't done according to him, but apparently all without success.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 08:25:39 AM »
Did you go to his website linked from his profile?  What a hoot!  It's all retread posts from fellow Islanders with the 3rd being one about the lack of compassion exhibited by Republicans.  Hmm, odd that he's getting nary one response from the Loving Liberals.

His website profile is even more humorous.  Not much this Primitive hasn't done according to him, but apparently all without success.

Looked at it briefly.  He's 59 and still has the viewpoints that he had when he was 17.  It's a trait of the primitives; they never really have ever grown up.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 09:09:32 AM »

All hail the mighty ROVE!  :-) Well cause you know * did it.  :thatsright:
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 09:13:43 AM »
Funny, I've never had a problem as long as I don't try to access my funds (above $200 immediately) until the second business day, regardless of where the check is drawn from.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Ree

• It's Ree...
  • 100+ pounds lighter.. Ain't I hot
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 06:01:49 AM »
Wal-mart won't cash 2 party checks...hell they won't cssh some payroll checks.
In Tennessee. I came down here to get warm,froze my arse off since I got here..
Just my luck... ;-P