Author Topic: Crazy Bob is hopping mad about cable TV  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Crazy Bob is hopping mad about cable TV
« on: December 26, 2015, 12:52:06 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027476022

Sat Dec 26, 2015, 01:36 PM

TheMastersNemesis (5,250 posts)

Why Buy Cable/Satellite TV Service? Higher Rates-More Commercials-More Mindless Blather.
I do not have cable or satellite TV service at home. Usually watch cable while traveling. Still see no reason to use pay TV. Most of cable is useless mindless babble. And cannot find a service that will exclude Fox Noise. Still end up paying for it even if won't watch it.

Cable used to be about having fewer commercials and more content. Now we have little investment in content and programming and more commercials. 1/3rd of time is commercials on almost every channel. And premium channels are not that good either.

A lot of supposedly good channels like science channel, history channel, discover channel, et al that have had good programming in the past play crime, bubba red neck and other garbage repeatedly. So too many red neck programs on so many channels. To add to the misery is more and more and more commercials and so many infomercials in off hours to make you want to scream.

Seriously Bob,walking down the tracks of the crazy train will put you one foot in the grave in no time.
Just find an easy chair,put your feet up and relax!  :)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Crazy Bob is hopping mad about cable TV
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 02:08:28 PM »
If television bothers Bob so much, perhaps he should try ignoring it, and read a book instead.

<<<has always found that to work.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 03:37:25 PM »
Well, Bob, if you get your wish and cable is unbundled - likely the only was it will survive in the streaming era - guess what happens to your heavily subsidized progtard propaganda outlets?

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 05:27:36 PM »
Poor, poor TMN. Cable and Satellite service providers carry channels ... people watch. That means large numbers of people watch "Fox Noise. And that also means that MesSNBC will be cut long before Fox is.

It sucks when most people around you reject just about everything you strongly believe; TMN handles it far worse than most people do.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline notaDUmmie

• MDT 5/20/96-6/19/15
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 05:32:31 PM »
I do agree with him on one point, as much as it pains me to do so; the channels I used to love - History, TLC, Discovery, etc. - have become pretty much trashy reality TV.

As for the rest, if you don't like it Bob, don't watch.  And don't be so concerned with what other people are paying for. NUNYA.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2015, 05:36:25 PM »
Well, Bob, if you get your wish and cable is unbundled - likely the only was it will survive in the streaming era - guess what happens to your heavily subsidized progtard propaganda outlets?

Indeed. Moron doesn't realize that cable bundles are what keep MSNBC and Al GoreZeera America alive.  If everything gets unbundled and people get to pick & choose what they pay for on a channel-by-channel basis, the only companies that are going to get paid are those that produce TV that conservatives like (Since we have all the money, according to the DUmbos. )

Remember Scare America radio ?

<<NOBODY>> was willing to pay to listen to the hosts aired, and therefore the entire organization collapsed.  Air America didn't require 'Not one damned dime day' to get killed. It committed suicide via terrible hosts.

MSNBC however -

They can keep as many terrible hosts as they like, as every cable subscriber is paying them regardless.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 05:38:34 PM »
His ineffectual and pointless rage amuses me.  Largely because it's knocking years off his life.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 05:48:07 PM »
Indeed. Moron doesn't realize that cable bundles are what keep MSNBC and Al GoreZeera America alive.  If everything gets unbundled and people get to pick & choose what they pay for on a channel-by-channel basis, the only companies that are going to get paid are those that produce TV that conservatives like (Since we have all the money, according to the DUmbos. )

<<NOBODY>> was willing to pay to listen to the hosts aired, and therefore the entire organization collapsed.  Air America didn't require 'Not one damned dime day' to get killed. It committed suicide via terrible hosts.

MSNBC however -

They can keep as many terrible hosts as they like, as every cable subscriber is paying them regardless.

MSNBC would go under if it wasn't for Lockup.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 04:54:50 PM by I_B_Perky »
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 10:39:34 PM »

MSNBC however -

IIRC, MesSNBC tried to recycle several ErrAmerica hosts, but ended up tossing several of them out as well - double losers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 12:36:21 AM »
Dearest DUmmie Bob,

It has come to my attention that you are having issues with your cable. I've seen this before, and I thought I could be of some service, as I am familiar with the experiences of others in this regard - even if I have no experiences of my own. First I'll give you the short version:

WWDBD?

The long version:

Hide your remote in the rafters of a GM dealership.

:lmao:

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 10:36:47 AM »
Dearest DUmmie Bob,

It has come to my attention that you are having issues with your cable. I've seen this before, and I thought I could be of some service, as I am familiar with the experiences of others in this regard - even if I have no experiences of my own. First I'll give you the short version:

WWDBD?

The long version.

CMD
OMGOMGOMGOMG  :rotf: :lmao: :rofl: :lol:

:cheersmate:

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 11:50:26 AM »
Well he could always go to streaming. Of course, he would lose his beloved leftist propoganda channels. Conservative's have no problem with that. The mmainstream media has never been on our side but we practically own talk radio lol

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 04:56:04 PM »
Dearest DUmmie Bob,

WWDBD?

The long version:

CMD

Now that made me LOL!!!!  H5!
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2015, 09:10:34 PM »
This guys got to be about as much fun to be around as Trumad at a dinner party.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 10:01:39 PM »

Enjoy him now. He's on his last leg, with one foot in the grave.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2015, 11:09:38 PM »
oh yah  :lmao:
 :cheersmate:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 06:46:49 AM »

Yeah, if there's turkey drumsticks on the buffet table, everyone will do a double-take before partaking thereof.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 07:18:30 AM »
Yeah, if there's turkey drumsticks on the buffet table, everyone will do a double-take before partaking thereof.

A Christmas turkey with two drumsticks is a microaggression!
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 10:21:10 AM »

Good grief, are any of them in good or at least OK health over there?

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 11:25:43 AM »
Good grief, are any of them in good or at least OK health over there?
Of course not, years of graft anger envy and greed tend to take their toll physically.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2015, 10:39:04 PM »
Of course not, years of graft anger envy and greed tend to take their toll physically.

I can see that. Hell, I don't even know how they manage to survive long enough to even vote. It would do some of these  wastes of space some good to spend 30 minutes in a gym and ease up on the dope. They might not have half the health problems they suffer from if they did.

Sorry, it honestly floors me sometimes at how many of them are so physically screwed up. I won't even start with the mental problems!

Offline dixierose

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 10:59:07 AM »
I have quit watching the Discovery Channel and have started watching the Science channel instead. I love their programming on the universe. I don't watch the History channel unless Ancient Aliens is on (that's my guilty pleasure...those people are funny as hell to me). But the One and ONLY reason I pay for my TV is for the sports. MLBTV blacks out Braves games in my area, so I have to have Fox Sports South and Sports South in order to see them play.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline SVPete

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 11:25:00 AM »
I have quit watching the Discovery Channel and have started watching the Science channel instead. I love their programming on the universe. I don't watch the History channel unless Ancient Aliens is on (that's my guilty pleasure...those people are funny as hell to me). But the One and ONLY reason I pay for my TV is for the sports. MLBTV blacks out Braves games in my area, so I have to have Fox Sports South and Sports South in order to see them play.

I caught a History Channel program about Churchill. One amusing film clip they showed was of British battleships in the Dardanelles fiasco. Problem is, the battleships in the film clip could only have been US or Argentinian. The ships had a very visibly obvious feature that was peculiar to the USN and US construction.

Another delightful History Channel flub was when, in a program about aircraft carrier design, they attributed the loss of USS Lexington, CV-2, to having a wooden deck. Problem is, the Lexington's loss was due to being hit by torpedoes.