Author Topic: Muslims aren't out to get you -- BIG FOOD IS!  (Read 1062 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Muslims aren't out to get you -- BIG FOOD IS!
« on: December 23, 2015, 09:03:39 AM »
GeeNeeUs (26 posts)

Is Chipotle being Switboated by Big Food?

OK, we are witnessing an ongoing sewer gush of attacks on Chipotle for alleged food safety issues. This current wave of attacks follows a documented series of blowback attacks from Big Food, Big Chem, Big Ag and Big GMO in their unholy industrial-chemical alliance. They fear and disdain Chipotle because the chain features clean food, and has forthrightly, and with wit, attacked the Industrial Chemical Diet Financial Complex.

Could it be that rather than Chipotle suddenly getting super sloppy with sanitation all over kingdom come - here, there and everywhere - they are instead the victims of a Swiftboating attack by an undercover unholy alliance of Big Food, Big Chem, Big Ag and Big GMO? In my view, they have the means, the motive, and the opportunity. And they already have a skanky track record of scuzzy, Republican-like corporate maneuvers.

Discuss among yourselves.

Disclaimer: I have no skin in this debate. I've eaten at Chipotle a number of times over the years, but I'm not an employee, a investor, or a Black-Ops Corporate Counter Mole, or whatever. I'm just a guy who values good health based on a good, clean diet and who has seen up close and personal the wholesale ravages that can come when people subsist on chemically drenched highly processed corporate rations.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10027469857
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Re: Muslims aren't out to get you -- BIG FOOD IS!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 09:07:27 AM »
attacked the Industrial Chemical Diet Financial Complex.

WTF????????????????
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 09:10:12 AM »
They fear and disdain Chipotle because the chain features clean food
...that gives you life threatening sh!ts.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 09:19:35 AM »
...that gives you life threatening sh!ts.

Out here, we call it Montezuma's Revenge.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 09:21:44 AM »
Out here, we call it Montezuma's Revenge.

Just don't cough or sneeze.

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 09:25:07 AM »
NobodyHere (1,096 posts)

1. What is "switboated"?

GeeNeeUs (27 posts)

9. An example: Jeb Bush defends McCain, but supported Swift Boat attacks on Kerry

In which Republicans not only get to be deceitful, vicious, and hypocritical - It's a perfected Republican Corporate Trifecta strategy.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/20/politics/jeb-bush-swift-boat-veterans/

Dumb ass's ass is too dumb to know when he's being mocked.

darkangel218 (13,396 posts)

3. Of course they are being targeted by big Agra and Monsanto.

It's a no brainer.

^ Unintentionally insightful

NJCher (18,973 posts)

4. I ran across a vitriolic attack on them at Forbes

When I read it, I said "this is way, way over the top, and furthermore, it doesn't smell right." I thought that because it had the air of one of those right wing "think tank" pieces. I also made a mental note to watch out for other pieces along this line. So often one can tell it's a hit job (think Dr. Sanjay Gupta) because of the similarity of talking points.

Too bad it's the end of the term. This would make an interesting analysis for a writing and research class, critical thinking section.

CBGLuthier (11,898 posts)

5. No.

darkangel218 (13,396 posts)

8. Prove it.

Cal Carpenter (3,562 posts)

10. There are 1,700 Chipotle locations

How are they not 'big food'? Just because they use a little greenwashing and make people feel a little better about their fast food choices?

ETA: the food borne outbreak is a symptom of being 'big food'. So is the fact that the CEO makes 1500 times what their workers do.

NJCher (18,973 posts)

18. what they're doing is dangerous to the Monsanto types

because other fast food outlets are changing their practices. Look at what McDonald's is doing:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/05/business/mcdonalds-moving-to-antibiotic-free-chicken.html?_r=0

The fact is that the world of food is changing, and fast food restaurants are having to change their practices to keep up. This is leaving a lot of suppliers out in the cold.

Why wouldn't they plant e coli at various locations around the Chipotle network of restaurants? It would be so easy. And it creates a continuing PR nightmare. We'll teach you! We'll teach you to lower salt, cut out GMOs, and how dare you utter the word "tofu!"
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 09:27:59 AM »
Good God,and these people wander about without leashes.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 09:29:12 AM »
Ms. Vanderbilt-Astor, the NJCher primitive, is on the thread, but she's just being silly, so no point.

Cal Carpenter (3,562 posts)    Wed Dec 23, 2015, 10:05 AM

10. There are 1,700 Chipotle locations

How are they not 'big food'? Just because they use a little greenwashing and make people feel a little better about their fast food choices?

ETA: the food borne outbreak is a symptom of being 'big food'. So is the fact that the CEO makes 1500 times what their workers do. 

Brickbat (18,084 posts)   Wed Dec 23, 2015, 10:07 AM

12. ^^ This.

marmar (68,977 posts)    Wed Dec 23, 2015, 10:08 AM

13. ^ This

NuclearDem (14,441 posts)   Wed Dec 23, 2015, 10:11 AM

17. This.

Chipotle is fast food and big food. 

Brickbat (18,084 posts)    Wed Dec 23, 2015, 10:09 AM

15. Poor, poor Chipotle.

It could solve these problems by dropping its hope-it-goes-away approach to the issue.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 09:31:34 AM »

Not all of them, but generally there's a gimp suit and ball gag involved.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2015, 10:54:40 AM »
WTF????????????????
PGR, you missed the other low hanging "WTF ?".

.....when people subsist on chemically drenched highly processed corporate rations.
I'll see your 15 ?, and raise 2 ?.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 10:59:47 AM »
PGR, you missed the other low hanging "WTF ?".
   I'll see your 15 ?, and raise 2 ?.

I'm only good for one WTF a day. I usually follow that up with "Holy sh*t" or some other witty retort.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 11:09:09 AM »

And their not even house broken.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 11:51:18 AM »
NobodyHere (1,096 posts)

1. What is "switboated"?

Ahem..
Quote from: Encyclopedia Freedumb2003ia
Swiftboated
Verb

To expose a politician's lie about their military service or other actions/activities by said politician's fellow soldiers or other independent observers, who were eyewitnesses to what actually happened.

"hitlery was once again swiftboated on Benghazi jut as she was on dodging gun shots in Beirut."

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 02:08:25 PM »
Everything's always got to be some kind of conspiracy for them, especially if they can make the villain in it some industry whose title they have start with "Big." Yet, amusingly enough, they have no problem with "Big Government."
"Could it be that rather than Chipotle suddenly getting super sloppy with sanitation all over kingdom come - here, there and everywhere - they are instead the victims of a Swiftboating attack by an undercover unholy alliance of Big Food, Big Chem, Big Ag and Big GMO?"
You're forgetting Possibility #3:
Chipotle has always been like this, their claims about how their foods are so "Clean" and healthy are just for PR to get hippy health- food nuts like the DUmmies to buy their food (And ignore the explosive diarrhea it then gives them), they're only just now getting exposed for unsanitary practices they've always had. But, wait, that would involve blaming a company the Left loves, so they'll just claim that evil corporate boogeymen are framing them for unsanitary practices and customers coming down with food- related illnesses.
Cal Carpenter will probably be TS'd for pointing out that Chipotle is as much a part of "Big food" as any of the other companies.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 04:00:56 PM »
A conspiracy to attack dozens of locations across multiple states? Without numerous leaks and large amounts of evidence? A conspiracy on that scale would involve hundreds or thousands of people - many of them sloppy and loose-lipped. Calling that conspiracy theory absurd would be an insult to absurdity!

My opinion, pending better and more complete information, is that Chipotle sacrificed their customers on food conspiracy-theorists' and Luddites' altar to ward off those groups' bogeymen, More plainly, by eschewing major producers and processors - so as to get organic, "locally sourced", non-GMO, etc. ingredients - Chipotle went with more marginal sources, and customers paid the price. A secondary possibility (i.e. in addition to, not instead of) is that Chipotle stores hired a lot of people recently in response to an anticipated volume increase due to holiday shoppers eating out instead of at home, and some stores' food handling training was poor (or not followed).

There's a reason "Big Food", "Big Ag", and the other bogeymen don't want to kill off people who use their products. Killing today's customers mean fewer and fewer customers in months, years, and decades to come.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 04:15:01 PM »

My opinion, pending better and more complete information, is that Chipotle sacrificed their customers on food conspiracy-theorists' and Luddites' altar to ward off those groups' bogeymen, More plainly, by eschewing major producers and processors - so as to get organic, "locally sourced", non-GMO, etc. ingredients - Chipotle went with more marginal sources, and customers paid the price.

Mexican migrant workers pooping and peeing in the fields they work. That's caused outbreaks before.

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 04:21:20 PM »
More plainly, by eschewing major producers and processors - so as to get organic, "locally sourced", non-GMO,

But at the altar of political correctness and "save da earf", they won't go back to safe options. So, Chipotle customers, and all of us really, are at the mercy of "local" products subject to whoever had to take a dump or a leak in the fields they walk and pick.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 04:27:30 PM »
The only conspiracy is rabbits. Rabbits are behind those conspiracies to destroy humanity.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 04:31:11 PM »
The only conspiracy is rabbits. Rabbits are behind those conspiracies to destroy humanity.

And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 04:35:35 PM by Patriot Guard Rider »

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2015, 06:41:30 PM »
I've been eating at Chipotle, both before and after the problems they've had back east (I'm in California), and have had no intestinal problems whatsoever. I enjoy the product they produce and will continue to do so. 
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 07:14:45 PM »
Big Food ?

Do the Dummies know that an early investor in Chipotle was McDonald's ?  McD's had something like a 90% stake in the company that they divested sometime around 2006.

So, erm.. Chipotle <<IS>> "big food".

Offline SVPete

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2015, 09:52:04 AM »
Mexican migrant workers pooping and peeing in the fields they work. That's caused outbreaks before.

Several years ago an e coli outbreak was traced to produce (possibly organic) where cows were being pastured in an adjacent field and wild pigs tracked the cow manure into the produce field.

Field workers are, by law, provided with portacans, but using them rather than taking a dump where they are standing is another issue.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2015, 09:53:53 AM »
I've been eating at Chipotle, both before and after the problems they've had back east (I'm in California), and have had no intestinal problems whatsoever. I enjoy the product they produce and will continue to do so.

There've been problems at Chipotle stores in WA and OR as well. But I've not avoided Chipotle, either.