Author Topic: When DU First Started  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
When DU First Started
« on: June 29, 2015, 10:24:17 PM »
Anyone here seen DU when it first started in 2001?

If so, I wondered if DU had many young people. Than over time, they got all pushed away by the older DUmmies as we know DU today.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline I_B_Perky

Re: When DU First Started
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 10:56:07 PM »

If so, I wondered if DU had many young people. Than over time, they got all pushed away by the older DUmmies as we know DU today.

I stumbled onto DU back in 2003. First thing I thought was: "My god, these people are insane.... and they vote!"

They did have a higher level of dumbass back then. More entertaining. Not sure about the age ratio.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 11:14:44 PM »
I didn't even know it existed until I found this forum. First time I tried to take a look over there I didn't last a minute. Their format is as insane as their worldview.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 11:55:16 PM »
I've been aware of them since 2005....its always been full of bitter old hippies mental cases and perverts.

You know...the base of the Dem party.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 12:24:47 AM »

I caught it right after 9/11. It was pretty middle aged and older then...Bartcop and so forth.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 02:03:52 AM »
I stumbled onto DU back in 2003. First thing I thought was: "My god, these people are insane.... and they vote!"

Precisely my first experience with the (D)Ump.  It was mid-2004, I think.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 02:04:12 AM »
Yeah, I have to agree with the perceptions of TxRadioGuy and Banned.

Originally, way back when, it seemed to me the primitives were all kids just out of junior high school, based upon the sentiments they expressed, and their general knowledge of things.

It took a while, but I finally realized.....wow, despite their immaturity, these people were older than I was (am), having reached ostensible adulthood during the 1960s.....which was a very long time ago.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 09:07:35 AM »
I am not sure exactly when I found DU but I know it was around the time Protest Warrior was still a thing 2003-2004. I think there was more hate back then because W was in charge and they could blame their problems (and lack of unicorns) on him. After 2008 when they had total control for 2 years and their problems were not fixed (and still no unicorns) drove them from hate to just crazy.

I had always assumed these people were in their 20s-30s who were students for a living and was shocked to learn differently.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 09:58:48 AM »

Fast forward 12 years and the thought I get is, "My God, these people are insane.... and they vote!"
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 10:05:17 AM »

I have -

It was somewhat different then. - but the members were mostly the same types & ages as the people who post now. The only real difference is that conservatives were permitted, - but they were kept in one forum on DU. I don't think that lasted a year. They also fancied themselves as bloggers and journalists. - DU wanted regular writers to pen columns. They had top 10 conservative idiots by Plaid Adder, Ask Auntie Pinko, a movie reviewer and a couple of other regular features. It all collapsed other than Top 10 - which still appears fairly regularly.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 12:23:51 PM »
I found them relatively early on. Back then I was naive and had the idea that they were well-meaning hippies who were simply misguided. I started a couple of accounts. Promptly got banned and after seeing all the hatred post-911 I quite visiting until PJ started DUmmies FUnnies.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 07:11:02 PM »
I think I remember my first knowledge of DU in 2004 or 2005. I thought they were crazy. Today, just as crazy.  :mental:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 07:11:50 PM »
     I caught it right after 9/11. It was pretty middle aged and older then...Bartcop and so forth.

DU after 9/11. I could never go there that time.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 07:16:46 PM »
Fast forward 12 years and the thought I get is, "My God, these people are insane.... and they vote!"

They are still insane... except the level of raging insanity was flat out mind numbing back then because Bush was president. The 2004 election was a hoot! Then you had Bouncy Ball in full story telling mode, the Scamdal, the Diebold black box conspiracy, the Sniffa dummie taking a piss off his balcony that (I think) landed on his landlord and relating all the details.  Plenty more like that to keep sane people entertained.

Everyday was like Christmas back then.  There were several people at work that would go there first thing in the morning for a chuckle.  I'd love nothing more than to see say Scott Walker get elected. That would stoke the rage. Dummie heads a-splodin all over the place.  Better than anything on TV.   :cheersmate:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 08:38:04 PM »
I didn't even know it existed until I found this forum. First time I tried to take a look over there I didn't last a minute. Their format is as insane as their worldview.

The format is old USENET threaded view, I'm not a fan of it, but I have little problem navigating it as I used to taunt primitives before DU existed via USENET under the handle NOSOUP4U.

I have been watching them since the beginning, and they still have yet to ban me.. assuming I have an account to ban at all there is  :D

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 10:17:03 PM »
I found them in 2002. I never trolled before but they drew me out. didn't last a minute trolling.

A bunch of atheists were making Christian jokes. So I made an atheist joke and I was banned the very next minute.
This is the terrible joke:
A) Whats the difference between a porcupine and a busload of atheists?
B) The porcupine has the pricks on the outside.

That was it. They screamed bloody murder. DUers can dish it out, but they can't take it.

Then I sound CU and later CC. I founds it was more fun to mole for quotes than to troll. More people can laugh at DU via a good mole than just with links.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 10:22:10 PM »
They are still insane... except the level of raging insanity was flat out mind numbing back then because Bush was president. The 2004 election was a hoot! Then you had Bouncy Ball in full story telling mode, the Scamdal, the Diebold black box conspiracy, the Sniffa dummie taking a piss off his balcony that (I think) landed on his landlord and relating all the details.  Plenty more like that to keep sane people entertained.

Everyday was like Christmas back then.  There were several people at work that would go there first thing in the morning for a chuckle.  I'd love nothing more than to see say Scott Walker get elected. That would stoke the rage. Dummie heads a-splodin all over the place.  Better than anything on TV.   :cheersmate:

Going to DU makes me laugh. They are trainwrecks and nobody bothered to clear the wreckage.  :lmao:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2015, 10:35:38 PM »
Going to DU makes me laugh. They are trainwrecks and nobody bothered to clear the wreckage.  :lmao:

I used to laugh, then these lunatics started succeeding at wrecking the nation. I find little to laugh at these days when it comes to liberals.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2015, 10:50:37 PM »
I used to laugh, then these lunatics started succeeding at wrecking the nation. I find little to laugh at these days when it comes to liberals.

Seeing them in power is scary.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 12:31:38 AM »
Most of you know this already, but I discovered DU early in 2004 because Rush Limbaugh mentioned it several times.  That goofball DUmmy "Supercrash" referenced Conservative Underground, joined there n the memorable class of April 2004.  Ptarmigan (I think) Jendf, Hook Em Horns, (RIP to her), and multiple others all got in that around then.

Good times at CU.  Still a great place, and have been a moderator there for years now.  Great people, here & there still.  Have had the pleasure to actually meet a few folks in real life, and am Facebook friends with lots of you now.

Anyway, those are Ralphie's memories.  DU can piss off.  That site alternatively makes me angry or just laugh.  I prefer the latter.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 02:56:07 PM »
Most of you know this already, but I discovered DU early in 2004 because Rush Limbaugh mentioned it several times.  That goofball DUmmy "Supercrash" referenced Conservative Underground, joined there n the memorable class of April 2004.  Ptarmigan (I think) Jendf, Hook Em Horns, (RIP to her), and multiple others all got in that around then.

Good times at CU.  Still a great place, and have been a moderator there for years now.  Great people, here & there still.  Have had the pleasure to actually meet a few folks in real life, and am Facebook friends with lots of you now.

Anyway, those are Ralphie's memories.  DU can piss off.  That site alternatively makes me angry or just laugh.  I prefer the latter.

I am super proud to have been BFDU on CU and on CC, and I regret the great divide. Maybe I should mosey over to Cu to see what trouble I can cause.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 05:15:19 AM »

I am super proud to have been BFDU on CU and on CC, and I regret the great divide. Maybe I should mosey over to Cu to see what trouble I can cause.
C'mon over...my arms are tired from stirring the pot all by myself
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 08:22:30 AM »
Didn't know anything about DU until I joined CC.
I was on a site called NetFriction, and was getting tired of beating my head against the granite skulled libs there.

I am taken aback that I missed that.
Or, possibly I heard Rush talk it and it didn't register.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.