Author Topic: Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media  (Read 1477 times)

Offline CC27

Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
« on: March 27, 2015, 07:09:16 PM »
Star Member William769 (43,578 posts)

Everyone from Tim Cook, to Ashton Kutcher, Miley Cyrus, Dustin Lance Black, and even Hillary Clinton, had something to say about Indiana's new 'license to discriminate' law.

From the moment after Indiana Gov. Mike Pence signed Senate Bill 101 — the so-called Religious Freedom Restoration Act — during a private ceremony Thursday morning, LGBT people and our allies began blasting the new law, which allows businesses or individuals to deny service to anyone who allegedly offends their religious beliefs.

Out actor George Takei — who had condemned the bill before the governor signed it into law — was one of the first, calling for a boycott of Indiana with the hashtag #BoycottIndiana:

http://www.advocate.com/politics/2015/03/27/time-boycottindiana-celebs-blow-social-media

This bill is modeled off the federal religious freedom restoration act of 1993 that Clinton signed. Take your silly outrage and shove it.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026424758

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 07:13:23 PM »
Ho-hum.

"One Issue" Wills again.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 07:35:17 PM »
Star Member William769 (43,578 posts)

Everyone from Tim Cook, to Ashton Kutcher, Miley Cyrus, Dustin Lance Black, and even Hillary Clinton, had something to say about Indiana's new 'license to discriminate' law.

From the moment after Indiana Gov. Mike Pence signed Senate Bill 101 — the so-called Religious Freedom Restoration Act — during a private ceremony Thursday morning, LGBT people and our allies began blasting the new law, which allows businesses or individuals to deny service to anyone who allegedly offends their religious beliefs.

Out actor George Takei — who had condemned the bill before the governor signed it into law — was one of the first, calling for a boycott of Indiana with the hashtag #BoycottIndiana:

So a private business, individual, or whatever should NOT by able to deny service to someone they don't agree with? Really?

DU Terms of Service

Don't be a wingnut (right-wing or extreme-fringe).
Democratic Underground is an online community for politically liberal people who understand the importance of working within the system to elect more Democrats and fewer Republicans to all levels of political office. Teabaggers, Neo-cons, Dittoheads, Paulites, Freepers, Birthers, and right-wingers in general are not welcome here. Neither are certain extreme-fringe left-wingers, including advocates of violent political/social change, hard-line communists, terrorist-apologists, America-haters, kooks, crackpots, LaRouchies, and the like.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=termsofservice
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 08:11:48 PM »
All Will ever cares about are lavender issues.

The DUmp has been freaking out all day about this bill, but PA, OK, CT, IL, VA, TX and FL all have a similar state law to avoid what happened in this state to that poor caterer lady. They were saying that the Indianapolis Colts should move to LA in protest.  ::)

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 08:12:37 PM »
George Takai is going to boycott Indiana.

That's like me boycotting Uruguay. Big ****ing deal
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 08:28:16 PM »

I beg your pardon.
Uruguay is taking that very hard.
As well they should.
They are not sure how they will weather it.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 08:44:44 PM »
I encourage this.
It means there will be one place in the US that will be gay and liberal free.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 09:05:06 PM »
Their boycott worked really well with Chick-fil-A! Right?

For celebs to boycott Indiana, don't they need to know where it is? Other than David Letterman, I'm not sure many celebs do.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 09:17:17 PM »
it's all flyover country anyway. They don't need to soil their shoes on the way from one liberal echo chamber to another.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 09:26:31 PM »
it's all flyover country anyway. They don't need to soil their shoes on the way from one liberal echo chamber to another.

I'm sure many Indianans are thankful they are flown-over by Hollyweirders.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 09:53:17 PM »
I like to see how well their boycott works during the last weekend in May! 

I'm thinking  :rotf:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 11:22:48 PM »
Didn't Barack Obama vote for Illinois' RFRA?

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 06:37:25 PM »
Chicago shares a border with Indiana.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 06:56:54 PM »

This. When was the last time that creampuff was even in Indiana?

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 07:01:41 PM »
This. When was the last time that creampuff was even in Indiana?

This reminds me of several years ago, maybe twenty or so, when there was a big push to boycott Colorado for some silly reason or another.

Lots of Democrats, liberals, and pre-primitives jumped on that bandwagon, led by hordes of Hollywood celebrities, most notably Babs Streisand.  "Boycott Colorado.  Stay out of Colorado."

But they continued to own, and vacation in, their real-estate investments in Aspen.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 07:21:16 PM »
Moonbat actors and tech billionaires aren't known for frequenting the night spots in Indianapolis in the first place.  Boycott all you want,  bone-smugglers, I doubt Indiana will notice the difference.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 08:32:27 PM »
I encourage this.
It means there will be one place in the US that will be gay and liberal free.

My thoughts exactly.  :-)
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 08:43:35 PM »
This reminds me of several years ago, maybe twenty or so, when there was a big push to boycott Colorado for some silly reason or another.

Lots of Democrats, liberals, and pre-primitives jumped on that bandwagon, led by hordes of Hollywood celebrities, most notably Babs Streisand.  "Boycott Colorado.  Stay out of Colorado."

But they continued to own, and vacation in, their real-estate investments in Aspen.
That was 1992.
That was over a ballot initiative that would give special rights to homos. It failed. Even I voted against it.....twice. 
Best part being everyone thought it was wonderful that the scum were boycotting.  :yahoo:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 10:23:18 PM by Skul »
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline thundley4

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 10:14:56 PM »
Didn't Barack Obama vote for Illinois' RFRA?

I doubt it. The only bills I know he voted on for sure was 3 different ones that would have required abortion providers to actively try and save a baby that survived an abortion. 

Obama prefers that a born alive baby that wan't wanted be forced to die.

He voted to legalize the murder of the most innocent creature on earth.

Offline Fourwinds

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 11:14:35 PM »

As well as move here and screw the state up with their politics.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 11:50:22 PM »

I doubt it. The only bills I know he voted on for sure was 3 different ones that would have required abortion providers to actively try and save a baby that survived an abortion. 

And for that, he gets airports named after him...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2015/03/29/chicago-trib-barely-notices-emanuels-ignorance-origins-airports-names

There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline HawkHogan

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 03:09:33 AM »

Well.  He is the most pro-abortion President of all time.  I'm disgusted that the group of Catholic nuns campaigned for him.

As for RFRA....
"Then state-Sen. Barack Obama voted for (the Religious Freedom Restoration Act) when he was in the state senate of Illinois," Pence said. "The very same language.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 04:54:38 AM »
Well.  He is the most pro-abortion President of all time.  I'm disgusted that the group of Catholic nuns campaigned for him.

As for RFRA....
"Then state-Sen. Barack Obama voted for (the Religious Freedom Restoration Act) when he was in the state senate of Illinois," Pence said. "The very same language.

It is quite disgusting to see any Catholic support owebuma.
Let alone a nun.
I wonder how many of these "brides of Christ" would regret their support of the lib's messiah ?