Author Topic: Pitt is back....  (Read 1652 times)

Offline CC27

Pitt is back....
« on: March 20, 2015, 11:32:59 AM »
WilliamPitt (57,752 posts)

Twelve years ago today, the US attacked and invaded Iraq

Where were you and what were you doing when it happened?

I was, honestly, flat on my back in my living room watching images of Baghdad in flames.

You were flat on your back drunk asshole.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10026390365

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Pitt is back....
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 11:50:10 AM »
Sure Pittstain,everything is always about you.  :loser:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 11:54:45 AM »
I was watching the improbable run of Syracuse to the 2003 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship begin, on a screen that was at least 12 feet in diagonal size.  Man, those explosions look tiny there, compared to the OTB Teletheater . . . ! :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 12:18:44 PM »
Where were you and what were you doing when it happened?
Unlike you, most of us were probably at work.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 12:28:43 PM »

I disremember where I was, but I remember thinking it was about :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: time it got started.

And the primitives were whining about it being a "rush to war."

What'd it take?  Seventeen months or something?

apres moi, le deluge

Offline CC27

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 12:30:50 PM »
Pitt should be happy this war started. How else would he have met the loon cindy shehag?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 12:30:56 PM »
Pittster was 'flat on my back in my living room' because the effin' room was spinning . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 12:33:03 PM »
Victor_c3 (1,433 posts)
9. I was at Fort Benning, GA finished up some training before heading to my unit in Germany

I was a newly commissioned Infantry officer.

I was completing the Mechanized Infantry Leaders Course. During the buildup to the war I was busy with Ranger School and Airborne School and lost contact with what was going on in the outside world but I remember thinking "What the hell does Iraq have to do with anything?".

Wow, so in this "rush to war", you completed Airborne school, I'll assume RAP, since it's required for Ranger School, Ranger school (all phases?), and were completing a Bradley leadership course.

You were on the accelerated program, huh?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 12:41:55 PM »

I didn't mean to sound so cavalier, being a lifelong professional civilian who never had to face war, an armchair hawk, but damn.

I didn't care if Saddam had anything to do with 9/11 or not.

What I cared about was that he was a genocidal tyrant, and should've been taken out back in 1991, before he had the chance to murder any more of his own people.

And this seemed as good an opportunity to take him out, although really, it should've happened about twelve years earlier.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline CC27

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 12:50:24 PM »
I didn't mean to sound so cavalier, being a lifelong professional civilian who never had to face war, an armchair hawk, but damn.

What I cared about was that he was a genocidal tyrant, and should've been taken out back in 1991, before he had the chance to murder any more of his own people.

And this seemed as good an opportunity to take him out, although really, it should've happened about twelve years earlier.

Yes. Bush 41 did not finish the job.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 12:58:51 PM »

Yes. Bush 41 did not finish the job.

I don't think congress or the American people would have let him, even if he had wanted to. He knew it.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 01:02:09 PM »
You were on the accelerated program, huh?

Is that what "lyin' yer ****in' ass off" is called nowadays?
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 01:17:39 PM »

I was working a survival job at a near hole-in-the-wall (they knew where to put the trash cans to catch drips during rainstorms) company that produced electronic products for the military. The company wasn't horrible, nor its people, it just was a far cry from the Libs' and Progs' stereotypes of a defense contractor.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2015, 05:34:46 AM »
I don't want to disclose where I was while the Dummies are lying about their whereabouts.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2015, 09:54:23 AM »
I don't want to disclose where I was while the Dummies are lying about their whereabouts.

They're trying to gin up a, "Everybody knows what they were doing when they heard JFK had been," moment for the start of the liberation of Iraq. [Sarcasm] It's too artificial to work, possibly excepting as a Mole Detector: true DU-grade Progs will have been "sleeping it off"; moles will have been working or otherwise being productive (e.g. SAHMs). [/Sarcasm]
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2015, 09:58:00 AM »

I was climbing Mount ...ummm... Everest  with my wife, Morgan Fairchild.

Yeah, that's the ticket!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 10:00:19 AM by Big Dog »
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 10:06:19 AM »

I agree.

I do find it ironic that one of the things that the libs (especially on DU) supposedly hate George W for is killing muslims and the other thing they hate him for is stopping Saddam from killing muslims.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 01:21:37 PM »
I do find it ironic that one of the things that the libs (especially on DU) supposedly hate George W for is killing muslims and the other thing they hate him for is stopping Saddam from killing muslims.

I sort of think we'd be better off if Saddam, Assad, and Mubarak were still firmly in power, killing their own muzzies as required for domestic tranquility.

But far more muzzies have been killed in the past ten years or so than would otherwise have been the case, so it's all good.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2015, 03:02:43 AM »
They're trying to gin up a, "Everybody knows what they were doing when they heard JFK had been," moment for the start of the liberation of Iraq. [Sarcasm] It's too artificial to work, possibly excepting as a Mole Detector: true DU-grade Progs will have been "sleeping it off"; moles will have been working or otherwise being productive (e.g. SAHMs). [/Sarcasm]

They think they are so complex.
They are simple and their machinations are easily seen through.

Heh !

I was climbing Mount ...ummm... Everest  with my wife, Morgan Fairchild.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

Did she make you any sammiches ?

edit format
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 04:46:39 AM by obumazombie »
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline 98ZJUSMC

• The Most Deplorable
  • Now, with 99% less yellow!
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2015, 04:09:35 AM »

Exactly.  I was.

Liberal thinking is a two-legged stool and magical thinking is one of the legs, the other is a combination of self-loating and misanthropy.  To understand it, you would have to be able to sit on that stool while juggling two elephants, an anvil and a fragmentation grenade, sans pin.

"Accuse others of what you do." - Karl Marx

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2015, 07:47:54 AM »
Did she make you any sammiches ?

Hot blondes love to make me sammiches!

Yeah, that's the ticket.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:54:09 AM by Big Dog »
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2015, 09:55:23 AM »
 :rotf:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline obumazombie

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2015, 11:17:07 PM »
Hot blondes love to make me sammiches!

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Tuna ? Salmon Salad ?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGQSmOY3rxI[/youtube]

I know you don't like peanut butter :(