Author Topic: DUmmie triggered by Airport Security  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Houstonguy34

DUmmie triggered by Airport Security
« on: July 15, 2018, 02:58:35 PM »
Seriously these people are the most ungrateful anti American jerks I’ve ever seen..  This lady complains about our security and the wants to comeback to what she thinks is a hell hole?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210874890

It’s a little long but worth the read.. Just the pure insanity...

A trip to Europe convinced me the USA is ill

Returning from a vacation in Spain with my son, I had the profound impression that this country is ill.

In Barcelona, Girona and the small seaside town of Cataqués I had dozens of encounters with Spaniards (and Catalans) that were marked by a kind of sweetness in the speech patterns that I almost found incomprehensible. Even the police went out of their way to be helpful, despite my lack of reasonable Spanish.

Now I know that Spain has a high rate of unemployment and cops have motivated a wide array of protests from the Catalan independence movement. But during the entire two weeks in Spain I rarely heard signs of distress such as sirens or raised voices. Frankly, the only real disturbance was that of me and my son squabbling over his (distracting) computer game. The people of Spain had every right to roll their eyes or shout "shut up, stupid Americans, don't bring your technology problems and your abysmal record of teaching manners to your children." But they politely endured us. Interestingly, the profusion of "Llibertad" banners could be called "distressing" but the effect for me was the opposite. Those cloth banners were putting the police and unscrupulous politicians on notice that democracy, not fascism, has the upper hand. This is why I often place handwritten signs across my bumper to challenge the status quo and I encourage every DU member to do the same. It would probably be catalytic across the country. (Handmade, across the entire bumper, beats printed stickers).

NOTE: Many Europeans live in apartments with railings which are perfect for cloth banners. In the US we virtually live in our cars so the bumper is the medium, paraphrasing Marshall McLuhan.

It was on the return that I experienced the greatest sense of what has happened to our country. My very first encounter with a US citizen was with a border guard who was checking passports and those "declaration" cards we had to fill out. I had filled out the card for both me and my son – which we had been told to do (nicely) by a Norwegian stewardess. As I leaned forward to hand over the card, this guard barked "step back!" as if I were a criminal. After managing to get through that hostile welcoming committee – and still shaking – we passed posters with pictures of armed policemen (with machine guns) and a statement along the lines of "if you see something, say something." The usual SS propaganda wihout a hint of concern for how our approach to security is still terrorizing citizens long after 9/11 . While waiting for our bags a large sign could be seen with a list of horrors you could be arrested for. Welcome to America.

But the final straw was on the ride home. I could swallow, grugingly, the $240 pricetag for parking and the almost pre-industrial and supremely ugly parking systems, but nothing but a bottle of whiskey could medicate me for what followed. Every few miles I saw police cars with strobe lights. They lit up the night sky as if the US were a war zone. Some were due to crashes (which seems insane enough). Some were for speeding perhaps. A plethora of overdue infrastructure work might have employed the cop cars as safety lights, effectively militarizing a civilian operation. But the sheer number of cop cars and the intensity of their strobes was astounding. I don't recall seeing – or hearing – a single stroboscopic display of police power like that anywhere in Spain – and Catalonia was going through a virtual revolution.

These barking security guards, gun-flashing security posters, and insidious over-amped police cars (everywhere), is a sign of national illness. I would stake my life on it. I think the Europeans know this. The Norwegian Air flight included many films that addressed fascism, obliquely and otherwise: 3 Billboards, The Shape of Water, etc.

If I were an alien zoologist studying this region of planet Earth, I might easily conclude that the United States is diseased.

People, we must vote like never before on November 6, but we must CONTINUE to change the culture wherever we can. If nobody in the police headquarters says a peep about whether the order of insanely fascist strobe lights, or sports car police vehicles with aggressive lettering is really necessary, the technology is ordered and employed. If no one on the airport security board questions the appropriateness of posters that makes our country look like a militarized shithole, then creeping fascism is enabled.

A culture dedicated to education and moderation doesn't order strobes like that. This is where US "pragmatism" falls apart. Yes the strobes might prevent an accident or two, but I have nearly had accidents due to the same blinding lights. And the psychological effects are withering. The delicate threads of manners, design and culture can add up to a "city on a hill" – or a fascist dump where a grotesque number of citizens are incarcerated – or shot to death – for standing up to unnecessary police power.

So vote we must. And we must come together in each others homes, break bread, drink wine (or beer), and support each other and the country. We have no choice. We must become a thoughful, caring, cultured country or this great experiment in democracy dies.

So Democrats unite! We must get out the vote precisely BECAUSE our lives are becoming depressing and too many are resorting to opiods to become, in the words of the great Pink Floyd, "comfortably numb."

Resist these asinine, psychopathic Russians and their sick Republican enablers. Vote in November. Get your neighbors to the polls. Encourage every young person you meet to register as a Democrat. And change the culture – and the infrastructure – a little bit every day. We are in a fever as a country and each one of us must act as cellular antidotes.

Offline Houstonguy34

Re: DUmmie triggered by Airport Security
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 03:19:08 PM »
I went through Airport security in Germany and Israel and it was very strict.. I did not get triggered,just did what I was suppose to and went about my day like a normal human being. 
How do these nuts survive everyday being offended by everything?

Offline Rufus2010

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 03:28:03 PM »
This POS should have stayed in Europe then.  :bird:

Offline Houstonguy34

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 03:33:59 PM »
That was my point .. If it’s so horrible here then why comeback? The truth is here you have way more freedom to do things then in other places.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 03:59:27 PM »
Once again, the DUmmie lies.

I travel out of the country 6-10 times a year.

There were NEVER "If you see something, say something" posters with armed policemen.  NEVER.  And I do recall some posters to that effect for a few years after 9/11, they didn't have armed cops and were eventually phased out.

There also are NO posters with lists of things you can be arrested for. 

The largest signs are a reminder that you can't bring fruits and vegetables in and there is usually a bin to throw them away.  The same sign warns you there is a $210 fine (I think that is the amount).

As for the rest, does she think that voting democrat will somehow decrease the number of police response calls on the highways?  By even one?

She viewed her trip with an anti American lens before she even left for the airport.  There was going to be NOTHING elsewhere that she would have NOT found superior to America. Even if she had been attacked and buggered by (blind) islamic terrorists she would have said "as an American I had that coming."

She is yet another liar, pure and simple.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 04:17:42 PM »
Seriously nutty.  I've spent a lot of time overseas, mostly Germany but also Israel and various SW Asian and N African countries, as well as Panama and Honduras.  Security varies a lot in efficiency but they're always armed up, heavily so in most cases.  I particularly remember the ubiquitous presence of two-man Grenzepolizei teams patrolling German airports, submahineguns slung over their shoulders, with a couple of their Commando V100 armored cars always parked on the ramp, always visible from the main concourse observation window.  Out on the road, I'd say the Polizei strobing blue lights were really about as frequent as cop cars in the US.   
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 06:38:08 PM by DumbAss Tanker »
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 05:25:45 PM »
Remember, the America haters wouldnt be happy if they were chrome plated. Misery is just part of their makeup.

The reality is we have it better here than pretty much anywhere else in the world, Except for maybe Haiti, Biafra or Somalia. :-) :bird:

I bet he didn't complain when he went through security in San Francisco and bobby bufu did the anal probe :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 05:31:38 PM by Old n Grumpy »
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 08:02:14 PM »
Where I live I don't see police cars with strobe lights, armed guards or warning posters.  But then again I live in a solid red area, the mouse primitive must live in one of many democrat hell holes.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 02:00:42 PM »
This DUmmie could have stayed in Europe.  It would have been one step toward a better America.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 04:34:25 PM »
I would bet dollars to donuts that 90% of this story is fabrication.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 04:37:56 PM »

Other than being in an airport, the rest is fake.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 04:41:35 PM »

It's a DUmmy, so......yeah.....