Author Topic: Poultry company responsible for teen's 2023 death found to have 'oppressive...  (Read 67 times)

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
Poultry company responsible for teen's 2023 death found to have 'oppressive child labor' at separate plant: DOL

https://abcnews.go.com/US/minors-found-working-alabama-poultry-plant-16-year/story?id=110418225

Investigators allegedly again found minors working on the kill floor of a poultry plant owned by the company that was found responsible for the death of a teenager last year, according to court filings.

Department of Labor investigators said they discovered on May 1 "oppressive child labor" at the poultry plant in Alabama, "namely children working on the kill floor deboning poultry and cutting carcasses," after obtaining a civil search warrant.

"The children had been working at the facility for months," the filing said.

According to court documents, the company, Mar-Jac Poultry, denied knowing it had any employees who were under 18 years.

In a statement to ABC News, Mar-Jac said the minors were hired with documents "that showed they were over 18 years of age."

snip for a fascinating part

The Alabama plant was cited in December by OSHA for a serious violation after an employee was injured.

According to the Department of Labor, last year 5,800 children were employed in violation of child labor laws, representing an 88% increase since 2019. And of the 955 child labor cases that were investigated and closed by federal regulators in 2023, more than half involved minors employed in violation of hazardous occupation laws.

Many comments (on reddit) about evil capitalism and evil conservative values ignoring as usual that Joe's feds are aware of these things and not doing squat about them. like shutting down plants and charging people up the corporate ladder. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Online Old n Grumpy

That’s where some of those unaccompanied migrant children are winding up. I guess the rest in whorehouses and massage parlors. Thank you, Joe.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!