Author Topic: Cervical Nerve block  (Read 10840 times)

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Cervical Nerve block
« on: December 27, 2011, 09:49:17 AM »
Just wanted to update a few on my back/neck problems.  I have had one shitty dr that wouldn't prescribe pain meds or anything but nerve blocks.  I would have them, they would last just a few days and then I would start feeling the pain come back.  Last week I went for my final visit (was going to be my final if I wasn't given anything to relieve my pain). Happened to see a new dr and she rx'd me a crap load of stuff.

1) Valium (don't like, supposed to relax my muscles but it puts me to sleep so I don't take)
2) Percocet....gave me rx for 2 a day and I only take 1.5 a day so I am able to work pretty much pain free
3) some type of lotion that has ketamine-baclofen-cyclobenzaprine-diclofenac-gabapentin-lidocaine (I) 10-2-2-3-6-2%
4) nerve block for my neck.  Other dr said I had to finish up my back before I could even work on my neck and I was in so much pain at work.  She said that was bs since I was in so much neck pain. 

Anyway, getting my cervical block tomorrow so I am hoping it's going to be a miracle.

I would like to ask any of you druggies  :naughty:  if there is an anti-depressant or some type of drug like a percocet that gives you the "happy" feeling.  I don't get angry on it and I feel all loveydovey on it.  It's worked wonders on my relationship with my older son.  Usually I yell alot at him because he tries my patience  :( 

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline CG6468

Re: Cervical Nerve block
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 10:03:13 AM »
Aw, Gina, I'm so sorry to hear of your continuing pain condition. I have no recommendations re: your request for info; I just wanted to wish you the best.

:-*
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 10:05:15 AM »
Aw, Gina, I'm so sorry to hear of your continuing pain condition. I have no recommendations re: your request for info; I just wanted to wish you the best.

:-*

Thank you.   You are the sweetest guy :-*

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 11:50:01 AM »
Thank you.   You are the sweetest guy :-*

You get back what you give to others, Gina.  :wink:

Please update us when you can. My prayers are with you.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 12:06:01 PM »
Wow, getting a shot in the cervix, that's gotta hurt!

O-)

:tongue:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 12:17:56 PM »

O-)

:thatsright:

Depends on what's doing the injecting, I think, and what's being injected . . . :tongue: :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 12:19:25 PM »
I don't get angry on it and I feel all loveydovey on it.

Also, the above--so, IOW, it's your husband that wants to know, right? :naughty: :tongue: :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 12:23:43 PM »
:thatsright:

Depends on what's doing the injecting, I think, and what's being injected . . . :tongue: :fuelfire:

Well, love is:

An injection
With affection
From a projection
To the mid-section
Without objection

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 12:24:12 PM »

O-)

. Oh shit! :lmao:

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »
Rub some dirt on it.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2011, 01:56:44 PM »
OMG ya'll are something else! :rofl:

Gina - try 5-HTP. It is a supplement that is the precursor to serotonin. Buy the 50mg not the 100mg/extended release. Take one and see how you feel in 30 mins. If you don't feel relaxed and happier, take one more. You will not feel the same "buzzy/happy" feeling that you get from the pain meds but you WILL feel better emotionally and not feel drugged at all. These are great for anxiety/anger/depression.

Google it for more info and ask your doc. They may be against natural supplements and brush it off or they may not know about it. I was not even looking for this kind of remedy and had done all of the anti-depressants before and was sick of them and ready to be off them. Out of desperation I called a doc about 50 miles from my house because they came highly recommended. She is the one who suggested 5-HTP and told me to buy a book called "The Mood Cure".

I know all of this sounds hokey but it worked for me. YMMV.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 01:57:54 PM »
OMG ya'll are something else! :rofl:

Gina - try 5-HTP. It is a supplement that is the precursor to serotonin. Buy the 50mg not the 100mg/extended release. Take one and see how you feel in 30 mins. If you don't feel relaxed and happier, take one more. You will not feel the same "buzzy/happy" feeling that you get from the pain meds but you WILL feel better emotionally and not feel drugged at all. These are great for anxiety/anger/depression.

Google it for more info and ask your doc. They may be against natural supplements and brush it off or they may not know about it. I was not even looking for this kind of remedy and had done all of the anti-depressants before and was sick of them and ready to be off them. Out of desperation I called a doc about 50 miles from my house because they came highly recommended. She is the one who suggested 5-HTP and told me to buy a book called "The Mood Cure".

I know all of this sounds hokey but it worked for me. YMMV.

will look into it  :-*

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 02:08:35 PM »
Seriously, though, Gina, I'm glad to hear you are making at least some headway on the pain.  Great news!

:cheersmate:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 04:34:23 PM »
Rub some dirt on it.

I don't care who you are,that there was funny.  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline cmypay

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 05:32:39 PM »
My husband has had the injections into his neck because of bulging discs. If they work for you like they do for him, you won't need anything to make you "nice." The difference in  how he feels is amazing. As I'm sure you know, chronic pain leads to depression, anxiety, aggression, etc. If you can get pain relief, that will go a long way toward fixing the other stuff. Best of luck to you! You're in my prayers.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 06:41:18 PM »
My husband has had the injections into his neck because of bulging discs. If they work for you like they do for him, you won't need anything to make you "nice." The difference in  how he feels is amazing. As I'm sure you know, chronic pain leads to depression, anxiety, aggression, etc. If you can get pain relief, that will go a long way toward fixing the other stuff. Best of luck to you! You're in my prayers.
Awesome!  I have bulging discs and snorld nodes

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 07:10:36 AM »
Awesome!  I have bulging discs and snorld nodes

I have bulging discs in my lumbar region, from going from about 30mph to 0 in about 3 feet, a long time ago.  I've got a good chiropractor and a good massage therapist (not my wife, either) . . .  :whistling: O-)

Chase her.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 10:38:58 AM »
Gina, where is our report on the results?  :???:

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2011, 10:48:47 AM »
Gina, where is our report on the results?  :???:

I have a severe hangover type headache, neck feels slightly better but the other side is now hurting.. :mental:

Percocet is not even doing a thing today.  I think I am just about to just crawl up and cry.

Oh...and I took my two little one's to the ENT dr yesterday.  See all of my babies have been preemies.  One of the common things in preemies is that they have ear infections because their little bodies didn't develop on time.

Robert had ear infections his first year of his life every 2 weeks, they would prescribe antibiotics for 10 days he would get better then go off and the next day bam, another ear infection..I think it was just the same one all the time.  Anway at 1 yr they finally put tubes in and he was never sick again, for real!

Now Jeep and Victoria (also preemies) have been getting ear infections every 2-3 weeks, same time every time and we have been going to the dr every other week.  Facebook friends see my posts all the time and pics in the dr's office.  Anway, this last time, I took Jeep because he had a 103.7 fever.  Yep, ear infection.  While I was there I asked the dr to look into victoria's ear and sure enough she had a double ear infection.  So I begged the dr for a referral to an ENT (ear nose throat dr).  I went to the same one that I took my 11yr old too.

Well...........Jeep's ears are completey fluid filled and his adenoids are infected.  Victoria's ears are completely filled and her ear canals are collasped and her adenoids are infected also  :bawl:  My baby can't hear anything but what sounds like someone under water.  She has delayed speech and I always just thought it was just her....Jeep doesn't say anything but DaDa.  Why didn't I figure this shit out sooner?  I could just kick the shit out of myself.  All I did last night was lay in bed with a baby in each arm crying.  (hubby and son gone to 2 wk camp in Kia Kima). 

So they are both having ear tubes put in and their adenoids removed January 16th.  That is the soonest they could get to me. :bawl:

It's horrible to see them come out of anesthesia.  Really does a number on a parent.  They look at you like they don't even know you, like they are crazy.  They cry for a straight hour.  It's heartbreaking. 

Oh and my head really hurts  :thatsright:

Thank you for asking about me sweetie  :-*

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 11:00:24 AM »
Oh Gina, this sucks!  My son had to have tubes in his ears as well (he is now 22). I swear it feels just like yesterday. I'm sorry you are feeling like shit and your babies are sick. I really feel for you. :(

Offline CG6468

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2011, 11:06:15 AM »

Wow! I'm almost sorry that I asked, Gina.

I think everything will turn out OK. After all, your kids have a great and caring mother.

How premature were they?

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2011, 12:48:19 PM »
Wow! I'm almost sorry that I asked, Gina.

I think everything will turn out OK. After all, your kids have a great and caring mother.

How premature were they?

Robert 31 weeks  (4lbs 13 oz, 18.5") 8 day stay in NICU
Victoria 35 weeks (5lbs 1 oz, 17.75") 9 day stay in NICU
Jeep 37 weeks (6lbs 11oz, 20") 10 day stay in NICU

I love the days in the NICU part.....it's like you would think it might be the other way around.....Jeep stayed the longest....he had pneumonia  :(

Next one is staying in full 40!

Offline cmypay

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 01:45:13 PM »
I have a severe hangover type headache, neck feels slightly better but the other side is now hurting.. :mental:

Percocet is not even doing a thing today.  I think I am just about to just crawl up and cry.

Oh...and I took my two little one's to the ENT dr yesterday.  See all of my babies have been preemies.  One of the common things in preemies is that they have ear infections because their little bodies didn't develop on time.

Robert had ear infections his first year of his life every 2 weeks, they would prescribe antibiotics for 10 days he would get better then go off and the next day bam, another ear infection..I think it was just the same one all the time.  Anway at 1 yr they finally put tubes in and he was never sick again, for real!

Now Jeep and Victoria (also preemies) have been getting ear infections every 2-3 weeks, same time every time and we have been going to the dr every other week.  Facebook friends see my posts all the time and pics in the dr's office.  Anway, this last time, I took Jeep because he had a 103.7 fever.  Yep, ear infection.  While I was there I asked the dr to look into victoria's ear and sure enough she had a double ear infection.  So I begged the dr for a referral to an ENT (ear nose throat dr).  I went to the same one that I took my 11yr old too.

Well...........Jeep's ears are complete fluid filled and his adenoids are infected.  Victoria's ears are completely filled and her ear canals are collasped and her adenoids are infected also  :bawl:  My baby can't hear anything but what sounds like someone under water.  She has delayed speech and I always just thought it was just her....Jeep doesn't say anything but DaDa.  Why didn't I figure this shit out sooner?  I could just kick the shit out of myself.  All I did last night was lay in bed with a baby in each arm crying.  (hubby and son gone to 2 wk camp in Kia Kima). 

So they are both having ear tubes put in and their adenoids removed January 16th.  That is the soonest they could get to me. :bawl:

It's horrible to see them come out of anesthesia.  Really does a number on a parent.  They look at you like they don't even know you, like they are crazy.  They cry for a straight hour.  It's heartbreaking. 

My understanding (from hubby and his dr) is the hangover headache is normal, as is the pain switching sides. Happens every time hubby gets the shots. His dr has told him that it can sometimes take up to 3 days to get the full effect of the shot, although Chris tells me it is actually much faster than that for him.

As far as the babies go, you're still doing waaaaaaaay better than me...my middle had collapsed eustachian tubes that I didn't know about because he just never complained. I really, honestly thought he was just being stubborn and ignoring me. Well, imagine my surprise (and feelings of utter failure) when the day after asking him "Are you deaf?!?!" the doctor informed us that he had NO hearing. Emergency trip to pediatric ENT, surgery a couple of days later. The boy is now 14 and I still feel bad about it. Oh, and he has perfect hearing now. No "mother of the year" award for me. LOL

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 01:54:28 PM »
My understanding (from hubby and his dr) is the hangover headache is normal, as is the pain switching sides. Happens every time hubby gets the shots. His dr has told him that it can sometimes take up to 3 days to get the full effect of the shot, although Chris tells me it is actually much faster than that for him.

As far as the babies go, you're still doing waaaaaaaay better than me...my middle had collapsed eustachian tubes that I didn't know about because he just never complained. I really, honestly thought he was just being stubborn and ignoring me. Well, imagine my surprise (and feelings of utter failure) when the day after asking him "Are you deaf?!?!" the doctor informed us that he had NO hearing. Emergency trip to pediatric ENT, surgery a couple of days later. The boy is now 14 and I still feel bad about it. Oh, and he has perfect hearing now. No "mother of the year" award for me. LOL

I hope it goes away soon.  I could have this feeling if I drank a bottle of wine.  Usually I drink alot during the day, I mean A LOT!  I just got up and went to the bathroom. I don't think I have ever held my pee that long...that is weird.....I haven't even wanted a drink.

They gave me percocet, 10mgs.  I don't like them so I cut them in half and taking them like that.  I don't like the valium they gave me, just seems to make me really quiet and sleepy.  Is there something else that I can take that will  make me feel "good"?  I don't want to just sleep.  I want to relax yet feel normal if that makes sense. 

I was reading an article off of Drudge just a minute ago

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/doctors-sued-for-creating-valium-addicts-6282542.html

Doctors are being sued for creating prescription drug addicts amid claims they have failed to follow safety guidelines published more than 20 years ago.

Lawyers and medical experts have reported an increase in clinical negligence cases by patients left physically and psychologically broken by "indefensible" long-term prescribing of addictive tranquillisers such as Valium, collectively known as benzodiazepines.

That certainly is scary  ^^

Offline cmypay

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 02:24:15 PM »

Is there something else that I can take that will  make me feel "good"?  I don't want to just sleep.  I want to relax yet feel normal if that makes sense. 

My doctor has me on flexoril 10mg for my back since I am (still) recovering from back surgery earlier this year. Don't know if you've tried that route already or not. It works for me, not at all for my best friend. Valium tends to knock me out, so I only take them (also prescribed) when I know I can sleep for a long time.