Author Topic: VITAMIN D KILLS FLU VIRUS  (Read 13658 times)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
VITAMIN D KILLS FLU VIRUS
« on: December 12, 2010, 11:53:44 AM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCadkv_8_5Q[/youtube]

I have been saying this for years and Dr Mercola explains it perfectly. High doses of Vitamin D3 kills the flu. The governments keep natural medicine very quiet because there is no money in it.

For example Vitamin D and D3 (which is actually a hormone)
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (Not much money can be made from bottled oxygen)
The power of Garlic (too easy to grow)
The use of Cannabis for pain relief and inflammation

Germans found that Vitamin D increases the immune system by 3-5 times and is BETTER than any vaccine at helping the immune system beat the h5n1 (bird flu) virus.

Research from PubMed: In 1981, R. Edgar Hope-Simpson proposed that a 'seasonal stimulus' intimately associated with solar radiation explained the remarkable seasonality of epidemic influenza. Solar radiation triggers robust seasonal vitamin D production in the skin; vitamin D deficiency is common in the winter, and activated vitamin D, 1,25(OH)2D, a steroid hormone, has profound effects on human immunity. 1,25(OH)2D acts as an immune system modulator, preventing excessive expression of inflammatory cytokines and increasing the 'oxidative burst' potential of macrophages. Perhaps most importantly, it dramatically stimulates the expression of potent anti-microbial peptides, which exist in neutrophils, monocytes, natural killer cells, and in epithelial cells lining the respiratory tract where they play a major role in protecting the lung from infection. Volunteers inoculated with live attenuated influenza virus are more likely to develop fever and serological evidence of an immune response in the winter. Vitamin D deficiency predisposes children to respiratory infections. Ultraviolet radiation (either from artificial sources or from sunlight) reduces the incidence of viral respiratory infections, as does cod liver oil (which contains vitamin D). An interventional study showed that vitamin D reduces the incidence of respiratory infections in children. We conclude that vitamin D, or lack of it, may be Hope-Simpson's 'seasonal stimulus'-
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16...$=relatedreviews&logdbfrom=pubmed

Vitamin D is important for helping the immune system fight the flu virus. One reason why the flu may be more contagious in the winter time is because of the lack of sunlight. The lack of sunlight prevents our skin from producing sufficient levels of vitamin D. There is now documented evidence about the roles of solar ultraviolet-B radiation and vitamin D in reducing case-fatality rates from the 1918-1918 influenza Pandemic in EU.

I quote: There are two mechanisms whereby vitamin D can reduce the risk of death once the pandemic influenza virus infection took hold: reduced production of pro-inflammatory cytokines and reduced risk of bacterial pneumonia.

The type of vitamin D which can fight viruses can ONLY be made from natural sunlight. It is known as D3, which is made from sunlight when 7-dehydrocholesterol in our skin reacts with UV light.

I quote: It is then twice activated in the liver and kidney to make 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D. This attaches to receptors on genes that control their expression, which turn protein production on or off. Vitamin D regulates the expression of more than 1,000 genes throughout the body. They include genes in macrophages, cells in the immune system that, among other things, ATTACK AND DESTROY VIRUSES.

A report in The Washington Post on August 3rd 2009 says:
Millions of Children In U.S. are Found to Be Lacking Vitamin D-
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/...

There are articles documenting that exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation in sunlight before immunization suppresses systemic as well as local immune responses- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19...

Which mean the vaccination doesnt work so well as a unsuppressed immune response is needed to build up anti-bodies and immunity to that particular vaccine. So another reason to block out the natural sunlight.

Other Source:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/51913.php
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: VITAMIN D KILLS FLU VIRUS
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 12:01:56 PM »
That is very interesting.  Very interesting.  I never made the connection between D and lack of sunlight in the winter.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 12:03:26 PM »
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (Not much money can be made from bottled oxygen)

This therapy is EXTREMELY expensive.  Presently insurance only pays for this for wounds that will not heal.   It is showing real promise for Alzheimer patients, and  a great deal of parents of children with autism swear it is an effective treatment method.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 12:10:38 PM »
I take vitamin D everyday (doctor's orders actually), and my son's neurologist is actually baselining my son for vitamin deficiency at his appt in a few weeks.   There are lots of studies which show children with autism have a serious vitamin D deficiency.     Interesting to see what my son's testing comes back as.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 04:56:33 PM »
I take vitamin D everyday (doctor's orders actually), and my son's neurologist is actually baselining my son for vitamin deficiency at his appt in a few weeks.   There are lots of studies which show children with autism have a serious vitamin D deficiency.     Interesting to see what my son's testing comes back as.

About a year ago, I went to the doc complaining of nonstop fever blisters and cold sores. Real PITA when you're a brass player.

He said, "Hmmm, sounds like your immune system isn't what it should be. We'll draw some blood and get an idea of what your Vitamin D levels are."

Sure enough, he read them and said, "Jesus, dood, your D levels SUCK." (Verbatim, that's what he said.)

I started out by taking 15,000 units a day for about a month, then scaled back to about 5,000 which is what I do today.

Since the time I started taking Vitamin D, NOT ONE fever blister.

I'm sold. That stuff works.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 07:17:40 PM »
I just found out recently that I'm deficient in Vitamin D and have started taking it. I do have to say that I feel a lot better.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 11:30:46 PM »
I usually start a Vitamin D regiment anyway in the late autumn/winter/early spring months to combat SDD that stems from a deficiency.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi