Author Topic: Is today the beginning of Karl Rove's demise?  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Is today the beginning of Karl Rove's demise?
« on: February 24, 2008, 06:41:27 PM »
garybeck  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Feb-24-08 11:52 AM
Original message
Is today the beginning of Karl Rove's demise?

I don't know much about the Siegelman case but I've been following it enough to know that Karl Rove is involved and some people think he could end up in deep doo-doo over this. Finally 60 Minutes is running a story on it. I've become so jaded and worn out after 8 years of this crap. Maybe there's hope that justice will prevail in this case? I would love to see him behind bars.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2916346

He will be prosecuted in 24 business hours.  :rotf:

Catch22Dem  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Feb-24-08 11:53 AM
Response to Original message
1. He outed a CIA agent in a time of "war"

Somehow THIS is going to be his demise? Very doubtful.

Junkdrawer  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Feb-24-08 11:54 AM
Response to Original message
2. Here's the danger:

Edited on Sun Feb-24-08 11:54 AM by Junkdrawer
If the Siegelman conviction is allowed to stand, despite all the very obvious illegality, Rove's influence will actually INCREASE.

:rotf: Teh rove wins again.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Is today the beginning of Karl Rove's demise?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 08:42:20 PM »
I dunno.

Whereas the Vermontese solar bust primitive garybeck would like to see Karl Rove behind bars, me, myself, I would just as soon see the Vermontese solar bust primitive garybeck do something useful with his life.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »
I dunno.

Whereas the Vermontese solar bust primitive garybeck would like to see Karl Rove behind bars, me, myself, I would just as soon see the Vermontese solar bust primitive garybeck do something useful with his life.

I believe I can say and be accurate that, neither one of you will get your wish.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 08:58:03 PM »
I believe I can say and be accurate that, neither one of you will get your wish.

Yes, of course.

There's two prominent Vermontese primitives on Skins's island, the cali primitive, a first-tier primitive, and the solar bust (garybeck) primitive, a third-tier primitive.

The cali primitive has some depth to him; the solar bust primitive is about as shallow as a cookie-sheet.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 09:45:43 PM »
Is this Rove's first 24 business hours or is it a new 24 business hours?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 09:50:54 PM »
Is this Rove's first 24 business hours or is it a new 24 business hours?

Still the same original 24 hours... *edit* ...24 business hours...