Author Topic: Strep Throat or Sore Throat....  (Read 31728 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Strep Throat or Sore Throat....
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 07:17:38 PM »
Of course- I would like that. However, why do I see petroleum ether in the formula?
 I do understand how we can easily make penicillin in the kitchen, but I am going to presume that the synthetic forms that are used today, do contain a bit more than the original.

Ether in the production of Penicillin is simply a reagent used to separate the active ingredient from the residue during the process........grain alcohol can be used just as effectively, and the alcohol can also be produced in the same cave.......

Synthetic forms of Penicillin that are used today are genetically modified to work against bacteria that have become resistant to the natural compound over the years........one would assume that if we suddenly wound up living in caves, the resistant bacteria would suffer the same fate, and revert to its natural state, rendering the original formula as effective as it once was.

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Patriot Lady

• Credo ut intellegam
  • Just Off Probation
  • Courage
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 07:29:49 PM »
one would assume that if we suddenly wound up living in caves, the resistant bacteria would suffer the same fate, and revert to its natural state, rendering the original formula as effective as it once was.
Thank you but............Pasteur did say that microbes rule  :naughty:
"THERE IS NOTHING MORE FRIGHTENING THAN ACTIVE IGNORANCE."
-- Goethe

Offline Chris_

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 07:40:39 PM »
Thank you but............Pasteur did say that microbes rule  :naughty:

I have no doubt they will be here long after we are gone.....

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Patriot Lady

• Credo ut intellegam
  • Just Off Probation
  • Courage
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 08:13:06 PM »
Rockefeller made his money through deceit and manipulation. There is something really wrong with that! True American Capitalism is wonderful but I will never condone seditious behaviour that only benefits the handler. After the Flexnor commission, those that had established practices that were not deemed acceptable by the commission were litterally thrown out of this country or faced jail time. These practitioners had lifelong practices, built hospitals, had homes and families here. Capitalism a la Rockefeller and his ilk are part of bubble that we recently saw busting at the seams. There are too many rich folk that are honored and enjoy their rank in high society that got placed on their thrones on the backs of the middle and low class. That is not acceptable to me at all- indefensible!
I simply do  not believe that there is any great conspiracy between the drug companies to negatively impact the population, and to consider the Pharma industry a "monopoly" is simply ludicrous.  It's ownership worldwide is simply too diverse.....
I did not say that there is a conspiracy-- just greed at its most grandest level.
When millions of dollars are at stake-- please remember that the little guy is not the first on line.
I am in the business of healing-- Drug companies are in the business of making money! So are scientists and money moguls.
-- Goethe

Offline Chris_

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 08:20:21 PM »
Rockefeller made his money through deceit and manipulation. There is something really wrong with that!

There are too many rich folk that are honored and enjoy their rank in high society that got placed on their thrones on the backs of the middle and low class. That is not acceptable to me at all- indefensible!I did not say that there is a conspiracy-- just greed at its most grandest level.

When millions of dollars are at stake-- please remember that the little guy is not the first on line.
I am in the business of healing-- Drug companies are in the business of making money! So are scientists and money moguls.

Sounds a bit like you are quoting from Chairman Mao's "little red book"........

I hope that you are not recommending another "Cultural Revolution"........we know how the last one worked out.....

:-)

doc

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2009, 09:03:55 PM »
I have to say for some conventional medicine has its place,but I have seen to many that doctor have given up on some patients and these people have came into my shop.

Two in particular. A wife brought in her husband whom had cancer. The doctors sent him home to die. He took certain supplements along with the correct nutrition, to this day the cancer is gone and the doctors are baffled.

A mother came in to talk about her son with morgellans and sever staph. The doctor gave up,to the point they didn't know what else to do. Morgellans is a parasitic disease. Worm and /or parasites eat through the skin, leaving lesions and sores.He was not able to get around or work.Three months late he came to the shop in tears and thanks. He still has a ways to go but is back to work and enjoying his family.

But you do need a practitioner or herbalist.These people took extra avenues.
There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline Patriot Lady

• Credo ut intellegam
  • Just Off Probation
  • Courage
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2009, 10:05:29 AM »
You are right! People need to understand that they have choices. They cannot read about things in a magazine or listen to a friend or their PCP. I have been in medicine long enough to know that most MD's do not know all that is out there and if they do; they tend to be biased. Maslow said- "If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail" Most know what they are trained to know!
People with problems MUST go to someone with training. If not, things may not go so well.
I do feel (must be obvious) that folks have to know what is happening and be good stewards of their bodies. There is a lot of money behind Western Medicine and they try to monopolize but just because they have the money behind them does not mean that they are always right. We can easily compare this to the government and what we are dealing with today. They are trying to run the show. Isn't that the reason why we and so many others are on forums like this one?

What do you do Inga?
-- Goethe

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2009, 12:43:26 PM »

What do you do Inga?

Tries to keep me alive and happy....  :-)

On the serious side, she pretty much manages a Natural Supplements shop in our city. I doubt that anyone in this county (maybe even the two or three adjacent counties) has more knowledge of natural remedies than she does.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2009, 12:57:53 PM »
Hmmmmm...I might need to get that store info.  Have a buddy whose sister is in Sherman, so she goes up quite frequently.  She and her Mom are looking for a good reliable store in the area.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2009, 01:59:04 PM »
Hmmmmm...I might need to get that store info.  Have a buddy whose sister is in Sherman, so she goes up quite frequently.  She and her Mom are looking for a good reliable store in the area.

Check your PMs
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2009, 08:43:30 AM »
Patriot Lady sorry for the delay. I'm an alternative/nutrition consultant, manger,researcher for a store here in our town.10 years.

I'm half way through Iridology at Clayton College. I have finished 3 years at Aromatherapy schooling.

I've had the privilege of working with two Naturopaths.

I have helped lots of people and seen many miracles. Many would be surprised how many people don't understand they're bodies or how they work.

With the help of the Lord, I try to bring help and hope for some of the conditions that come in the store. I also direct some of those people to doctor or other alternative care givers and therapists,depending on the customers concerns.

The two most important things in my life are loving and caring for Thor and second my work at the store.

I'm very impressed with your career and interest. I know Chinese medicine is very affective and has been around a very long time. I have had a hard time finding a supplier.

Got to go to work now but I will get back with you on Chronic Fatigue post.

Offline Patriot Lady

• Credo ut intellegam
  • Just Off Probation
  • Courage
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2009, 08:48:49 AM »
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy to meet you! We have to collaborate here and get some good stuff posted. It is sorely needed!
Our diversity in training will be great!
Christina
-- Goethe

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2009, 08:56:14 AM »
I look forward to learning from both of you.   :cheersmate:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2009, 08:53:38 AM »
Great, I will try to log on and keep up with you more often.