Author Topic: How to get rid of kidney stones....  (Read 12698 times)

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
How to get rid of kidney stones....
« on: November 25, 2008, 10:21:06 PM »
I've had kidney stones in the past and had success getting rid of them.

They can be very painful.Research shows that soft drinks containing phosphoric acid acid encourage the recurrence of kidney stones in some people.Most occur during the summertime, due to increased sweating and insufficient fluids.

I have used Magnesium 500mg two times daily to relaxed the muscles involved,B6 100mg three times daily and Hydrangea herb. Along with 1 gallon of lemon water daily to dissolve the stones,drank through a straw. This has been very successful for me. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 12:10:43 PM by Thor »
There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: How to get rid of kidney stones....
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 06:20:21 AM »
Kidney stones run in this family, both sides, several generations back at least (and perhaps even clear back to the beginning of time).

Myself, I've never had them, and I'm somewhat past the age when the parents and siblings first developed them.

I've always wondered if this is because of my tendency to drink rather more water than is usual.  (Water only, not counting other liquids such as coffee or milk.)

I surely drink more plain ordinary water than I recall them drinking.

I'm not exactly thrilled about water, but there seems this subconscious compulsion that I'd better take it, and I do.  It depends upon the season of the year, but I assume it's perhaps at least a gallon per day, and this is water only, no other liquids (other liquids, about a gallon per day).

I've never understood this aversion to water; water is water, a perfectly harmless and neutral substance.  There exists no law that says that water has to be tasty or appetizing or sensual.  There however is a rigid ironclad law that says that if one doesn't do water, one's health and life are imperiled.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 11:18:25 AM »
I started developing kidney stones around the age of 44-45. It wasn't often that I'd pass one until last summer/fall. Last winter I passed one about the size of a 22 caliber bullet and it was almost perfectly round. Inga's methods have worked for me.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline dixierose

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 03:08:34 PM »
I have had a couple of kidney stones caused by dehydration (drinking too many sodas and not enough water). My doctor recommended drinking lemonade or lemon water daily. I've been doing that, and it's been a while since I've had a stone.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 03:21:21 PM »
Some alternate methods...

The boxing ring...

Or...

There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 03:31:05 PM »
The kidney stone sub-plot in Deadwood was enough for me to drink more water.  :o
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline dixierose

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 03:48:29 PM »
The first kidney stone I had was huge. I went into the ER on a Monday morning, and they kept me overnight (they were concerned with blockage). They said they would have to "shock" it and break it up; but the machine was a traveling machine and wouldn't be back in town until Friday. I went 5 days with the most excruciating pain I've ever had (including childbirth, which I did completely natural).

The doctors told me they had to shock the stone 1,000 times to get it to break up. They told me it was the biggest kidney stone they've ever seen. Luckily for me, the other stone I had was smaller and passed quickly and easily. There was still pain; but at least it was over fast.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell