Author Topic: DU: I'm sad. I just am. There are many assholes on DU who care nothing about us  (Read 3272 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: DU: I'm sad. I just am. There are many assholes on DU who care nothing abou
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2008, 10:08:52 AM »
You get bs'd for that. The reason she gets away with it is probably because most of the neighborhood enables her in this way. I for one, would have no difficulty telling her to go **** herself. And no, I DONT get along with all my neighbors. I've found that if you give them an inch they WILL walk all over you. Thats life.
Don't get me started on the "leaf wars".

Oh I totally know we are all enablers.  I admit it.  I just find it hard to take it out on their kids because their parents are nutty.  If they didn't have kids we wouldn't even know they existed. 

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2008, 10:16:45 AM »
Oh I totally know we are all enablers.  I admit it.  I just find it hard to take it out on their kids because their parents are nutty.  If they didn't have kids we wouldn't even know they existed. 

I can understand that. Howerever, while we dont' prevent our daughter from playing with the kid of the moonbats down the street, we don't asscociate with the parents.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2008, 10:25:49 AM »

I can understand that. Howerever, while we dont' prevent our daughter from playing with the kid of the moonbats down the street, we don't asscociate with the parents.

It's one of those "if we had known then what we know now" kind of things.  We are all distancing ourselves from her finally.  Actually we have distanced ourselves from her at other times, those are the times when she goes to bed for days on end and we start to worry about her kids.  We know she is manipulating us and like I said before, their luck is about to run out.  We are all getting organized and everyone's stories or should I say "excuses" about why we can't keep, feed, pick up or take their kids somewhere are going to be the same.  She is infamous now though, all the Mom's know "about" her. 

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2008, 12:09:12 PM »
It's one of those "if we had known then what we know now" kind of things.  We are all distancing ourselves from her finally.  Actually we have distanced ourselves from her at other times, those are the times when she goes to bed for days on end and we start to worry about her kids.  We know she is manipulating us and like I said before, their luck is about to run out.  We are all getting organized and everyone's stories or should I say "excuses" about why we can't keep, feed, pick up or take their kids somewhere are going to be the same.  She is infamous now though, all the Mom's know "about" her. 

Sounds much like the guy next door to us (he is a complete asshole). He's complained about dogs and cats and tried getting petitions signed to restrict ownership of the above so much, the Town will not take his calls anymore. Neighbors won't talk to him. Coulden't have happened to a nicer guy.  :evillaugh:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.