Author Topic: You know this.  (Read 559 times)

Offline CC27

You know this.
« on: August 16, 2022, 07:48:59 AM »
Star Member Atticus (13,631 posts)

You know this.

Except for shielding young kids from graphic violence or sex, there should be NO restrictions on what ANYONE reads---PERIOD.

People who ban or burn books are craven cowards who know thinkers will not accept their ignorance.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217050183

Look in the mirror asshole.

Offline 67 Rover

Re: You know this.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 07:53:52 AM »

You know this.

Except for shielding young kids from graphic violence or sex, there should be NO restrictions on what ANYONE reads---PERIOD.

People who ban or burn books are craven cowards who know thinkers will not accept their ignorance.

OK groomer.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 07:58:23 AM »
That's funny.

It considers itself a thinker. i'm reminded of Star Wars episode 1 The Phantom Menace (which is still better than any of the disney garbage) :

"You almost got us killed. Are you brainless?" QJ

"I spake." JJB

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." QJ

Seems to fit as far as i can see.

JJB...Jar Jar...Biden.  :lmao:

"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 08:09:13 AM »
As DUmmies often do, Flatus failed to look in the mirror before posting his sweeping proclamation, :lmao: . Does anyone really believe Flatus disagrees with threatening publishers with boycotts or employees quitting if some conservative's book is published? Does anyone really believe Flatus disagrees with threatening stores with boycotts if some conservative's book is sold there? Does anyone really believe Flatus disagrees with bookstore employees hiding conservatives' book is wrong sections so as to sabotage sales? Does anyone really believe Flatus disagrees with Libs and Progs who turn conservatives' books back to front on shelves to make those books less easy to find?

All of which DU-folk have urged or done?

In Prog Free Speech Suppression 102, we'll discuss Progressive use of violence and threats to suppress conservative speakers' speeches and presentations and Progs' astroturfed campaigns against conservatives radio hosts' advertisers. For extra credit we'll have a mini-seminar case studies of Prog boycotts against Chick-fil-A, Hobby Lobby, and My Pillow products.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 08:21:43 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 08:45:36 AM »
That's funny.

It considers itself a thinker. i'm reminded of Star Wars episode 1 The Phantom Menace (which is still better than any of the disney garbage) :

"You almost got us killed. Are you brainless?" QJ

"I spake." JJB

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." QJ

Seems to fit as far as i can see.

JJB...Jar Jar...Biden.  :lmao:

As Senator, Jar Jar accomplished far more than Brandon did in nearly 50 years on the Senate dole.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 12:53:31 PM by 67 Rover »
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 09:07:03 AM »

You know this.

Glad we agree on something.  So you are good with removing these books from school libraries, right?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10649387/Georgia-parent-stopped-reading-sexually-explicit-book-slavery-school-board-meeting.html

snip

As Brown ranted about the book - which is not being used in classroom instruction - board member Patsy Jordan cut her off.

'Excuse me, excuse me, we have children at home. It's live streaming, and it's really not appropriate for you to read that,' Jordan said.

'Don't you find the irony in that?' Brown shouted, at one point smacking the lectern. 'You're exactly saying exactly what I'm telling you! You're giving it to our children! I would never give this to my children!'

snip

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 09:11:15 AM »
Glad we agree on something.  So you are good with removing these books from school libraries, right?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10649387/Georgia-parent-stopped-reading-sexually-explicit-book-slavery-school-board-meeting.html

Nah, Flatus wouldn't agree with that, either. DU-grade Progs' only real "principle" is, "What I want".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline jukin

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 09:20:53 AM »

You know this.

What about Doctor Seus books that the left banned for racism... oh oh Uncle Tom's Cabin banned by the left for the same reason?  Gone with the Wind and all books about the south that you DUchebags demanded be banned?

Damn DUmmys are really DUmb.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 09:49:30 AM »
What about Doctor Seus books that the left banned for racism... oh oh Uncle Tom's Cabin banned by the left for the same reason?  Gone with the Wind and all books about the south that you DUchebags demanded be banned?

Dummie non-intelligence aside, I would think that kids who frequently hear and/or utter F-bombs, Sh-words, C-, P-, and etc.-words do not have ears too tender to hear/read the N-word in literary contexts that demonstrate the stupidity and ugliness of racism?

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 12:41:53 PM »

As Senator Jar Jar accomplished far more than Brandon did in nearly 50 years on the Senate dole.

So true.

Still, 'Jar Jar Brandon' has taken root in my mind!

FJJB!

:-)
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2022, 12:46:59 PM »
So true.

Still, 'Jar Jar Brandon' has taken root in my mind!

FJJB!

:-)

This is an insult to a perfectly functional gungan sith lord.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2022, 12:54:20 PM »
This is an insult to a perfectly functional gungan sith lord.

Dark Jar Jar?  :rofl:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2022, 01:14:05 PM »

You know this.

And who gets to be the arbitrator of what is what?

Here in NC, I *think* Raleigh, a school district had some books that were so over the top sexually, they couldnt show the pages of said book, on the local tv news. But they were ok to have in the school libraries for the little ones to peruse.  :mad:

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2022, 01:20:57 PM »
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2022, 02:27:11 PM »
10 Literary Classics That Have Been Banned
Get the stories behind 10 classic works of literature that have run afoul of government censors.
CHRISTOPHER KLEINUPDATED:AUG 31, 2018ORIGINAL:SEP 26, 2016

https://www.history.com/news/10-literary-classics-that-have-been-banned

I'll just leave this here.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen