Author Topic: I'm quitting cuz MY PILLOW GUY! - Bonus: We Have another TV remote vandal  (Read 568 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216092962

Sun Nov 28, 2021, 08:13 AM
Woodswalker (173 posts)

Another Deli Down!
Well I was in my favorite local deli yesterday morning and I kind knew they had right wing leanings because they almost always have Faux News on their TV. Well I went in yesterday with my son to grab breakfast and I glanced up at their TV and low and behold they have the My Pillow Idiot paused on the screen like it was some WW2 Nazi beer hall with Hitler's portrait hanging their. A TV background of the My Pillow Guy!!. This is now going to be the third local place I'll have to boycott. Just like two other local lunch eateries/pizza place that have Fox on their TVs. I'm running out of places here folks. What is wrong with these small business owners not realizing they're alienation alot of people who want to spend money in their places?? And being a mammal of rather generous proportions I do spend a fairly good amount of cash!

Response to Scrivener7 (Reply #1)Sun Nov 28, 2021, 11:00 AM
Star Member SCantiGOP (11,879 posts)

26. Yelp may not work
My daughter knows of a restaurant in our town that had a notice of a van caravan to the January 6 rally at their entrance. The owners did go, although they didn’t go beyond the barricades at the Capitol.
I posted a Yelp review, pointing out that your patronage of their business would be funding the insurrectionists.
Yelp took it down, saying their restaurant reviews can only discuss food and service issues.

Response to Woodswalker (Original post)Sun Nov 28, 2021, 09:00 AM
Star Member 634-5789 (2,890 posts)

5. THIS:
Go back in, and do this. To block or restrict access to a channel:
Press menu, and then select Apps & More > Settings > Parental Controls to display the Parental Controls screen.
If Parental Controls are disabled, enable them.
Navigate to select Modify next to Modify Parental Restrictions and press ok to display the Parental Controls screen.

Response to 634-5789 (Reply #5)Sun Nov 28, 2021, 10:48 AM
Star Member left-of-center2012 (31,348 posts)

22. Sure
Go into a private business and change the settings on their TV ?
okie dokie

Response to left-of-center2012 (Reply #22)Sun Nov 28, 2021, 11:03 AM
Star Member FoxNewsSucks (6,006 posts)

27. Done it MANY times.

Usually I just delete Fox from the channel lineup so the TV skips over it. It's quick to do.
I don't go into their private offices, or their homes, to change anything. It's the PUBLIC tv being shoved into customers' faces, where I am paying to be.
Personally, I'd like to see tv's banned from public places. Even when I am on a solo road trip, I'd rather sit at the bar to eat and either talk to others there or just read something, or just get a small table for myself. We don't need a damn TV everywhere we go.

Response to FoxNewsSucks (Reply #27)Sun Nov 28, 2021, 11:07 AM
Star Member left-of-center2012 (31,348 posts)

28. "Done it MANY times"

Response to left-of-center2012 (Reply #28)Sun Nov 28, 2021, 11:59 AM

34. Better than leaving BS propaganda playing.
Fox and rightwing Hate Radio are a big part of the reason this country is in such a bad place.

Response to left-of-center2012 (Reply #22)Sun Nov 28, 2021, 11:09 AM
Star Member 634-5789 (2,890 posts)

29. Yep. Did it at the Tire store and my Doctors. And I'll continue. Public service!

Response to 634-5789 (Reply #29)Sun Nov 28, 2021, 12:17 PM

36. One really wonders about such a defense of having RW hate on public TVs
being forced onto the public.
I change it, if they won't. I got a universal remote app & the USB dongle for my phone from Amazon. Best thing I ever got for getting rid of Fox on public TVs
Turning off the likes of Hannity, Ingram, and Field Marshall Carlson is indeed, as you said, a public service.

It's almost like watching children.

Offline landofconfusion80

Re: I'm quitting cuz MY PILLOW GUY! - Bonus: We Have another TV remote vandal
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 08:36:59 PM »
Didn't see any of this happen at a car dealership oddly enough...
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 09:00:06 PM »
Lord forbid someone have a differing opinion! Can't have that! How many cops jumped out of the bushes?

Well I went in yesterday with my son to grab breakfast and I glanced up at their TV and low and behold they have the My Pillow Idiot paused on the screen like it was some WW2 Nazi beer hall with Hitler's portrait hanging their.

Now, if we WERE the Nazis, how would that have turned out? No, fool, it's you leftists who are acting exactly like they brownshirts.

I'm almost certain this is a  :bouncingidiot:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 09:09:38 PM »
I got an earworm after reading that thread: The balad of Doug Bulna.

:rotf:
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 09:52:05 PM »
Just like two other local lunch eateries/pizza place that have Fox on their TVsI'm running out of places here folks.
Looks like you're going to have to learn to cook for yourself, you intolerant ****...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 07:14:39 AM »
I got an earworm after reading that thread: The balad of Doug Bulna.

:rotf:

Paging Doug Bulna.  Doug Bulna, please pick up the white courtesy phone.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 07:43:23 AM »

27. Done it MANY times.

Usually I just delete Fox from the channel lineup so the TV skips over it. It's quick to do.
I don't go into their private offices, or their homes, to change anything. It's the PUBLIC tv being shoved into customers' faces, where I am paying to be.
Personally, I'd like to see tv's banned from public places. Even when I am on a solo road trip, I'd rather sit at the bar to eat and either talk to others there or just read something, or just get a small table for myself. We don't need a damn TV everywhere we go.

And we all know it's all about YOU.  The only time you mention anyone other than yourself, you seem to be speaking for everyone else ... narcissist much?

Loser.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 09:35:57 AM »
Woodswalker (173 posts)

Another Deli Down!
Well I was in my favorite local deli yesterday morning and I kind knew they had right wing leanings because they almost always have Faux News on their TV. Well I went in yesterday with my son to grab breakfast and I glanced up at their TV and low and behold they have the My Pillow Idiot paused on the screen like it was some WW2 Nazi beer hall with Hitler's portrait hanging their. A TV background of the My Pillow Guy!!. This is now going to be the third local place I'll have to boycott. Just like two other local lunch eateries/pizza place that have Fox on their TVs. I'm running out of places here folks. What is wrong with these small business owners not realizing they're alienation alot of people who want to spend money in their places?? And being a mammal of rather generous proportions I do spend a fairly good amount of cash!

What a baby! And those businesses (s)he's "boycotting"? They're either obstinately not missing that $$ or are glad a Prog-jerk is gone.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2021, 09:39:51 AM »
What a baby! And those businesses (s)he's "boycotting"? They're either obstinately not missing that $$ or are glad a Prog-jerk is gone.

Probably asks for a mug of hot water so he can use a teabag he brings from home.  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2021, 09:50:09 AM »

27. Done it MANY times.

It's not a "PUBLIC" TV; it belongs to the deli owner, who has it as a courtesy for his/her customers. And, I'd guess that it is tuned to Fox because that's what the majority of the customers want. And anyone who messes with someone else's property is a major league jerk.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2021, 06:35:50 PM »
Woodswalker (173 posts)

Another Deli Down!

DainBramaged, is that you?

https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php?topic=90161.0
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 06:46:23 PM »
It's not a "PUBLIC" TV; it belongs to the deli owner, who has it as a courtesy for his/her customers. And, I'd guess that it is tuned to Fox because that's what the majority of the customers want. And anyone who messes with someone else's property is a major league jerk.

My family has run a small business for almost 70 years, and they'd have the radio on the local station with the late Rush Limbaugh's show since I was in college.  During the brief periods where I helped them out and my Grandpa, Dad, Mom and brother have told me that never once had a customer complained about hearing that that on in the background.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2021, 11:17:05 PM »
My family has run a small business for almost 70 years, and they'd have the radio on the local station with the late Rush Limbaugh's show since I was in college.  During the brief periods where I helped them out and my Grandpa, Dad, Mom and brother have told me that never once had a customer complained about hearing that that on in the background.

I have a customer in Florida, owner is from Wisconsin, his manager is a lesbian, and Rush was on every time I went in there. Now it's Clay Travis and Buck Sexton.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2021, 11:18:07 PM »
...then again, you can't really get any Redder, Pro-American than the Florida Panhandle.

EDIT: We need to reclaim blue. When Reagan ran, Republicans were blue. It was a slight of hand by the left to get away from them being viewed as communists. I'm sure Frank remembers.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2021, 08:10:02 AM »
I have a customer in Florida, owner is from Wisconsin, his manager is a lesbian, and Rush was on every time I went in there. Now it's Clay Travis and Buck Sexton.

I've been listening to SF ConservaTalker KSFO for about 25 or 26 years (approximately as long as it's been a ConservaTalker). Many of its callers are the kind of gays/lesbians who don't make headlines because they're just living more or less ordinary lives rather than being loud-mouthed activists.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2021, 11:54:01 AM »
There's a nifty little toy out there called TV-B-Gone.  It was made by a hacker, and basically a key chain that spams out every known OFF signal for as many TV's as possible to shut off TVs in public places (or harass family members in the house).  I fully support such a prank, but actively blocking stuff you don't like is just juvenile and pointless.   
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.