Author Topic: A chat I had with my wife a few days ago on a hike when spotting. Bouncy  (Read 441 times)

Offline CC27

Star Member NewHendoLib (55,469 posts)

A chat I had with my wife a few days ago on a hike when spotting a huge Lindell sign on a truck

near a trail head

First - driving around this area of NC (which is admittedly quite red) shows the undertones of both Biden hatred and TFG and his minions support - pick up trucks with big signs, plethora of bumper stickers, Big flags - also lots of front lawns with awful signs (the Cawthorne ones bother me the most).

Anyway we went for a nice hike in a nearby forest - near a trailhead was an old pick up truck with the Lindell Frank sign plastered all over it, and a flag. We were pleased to not run into them - BUT we did when returning. Two men in their 30s, we think - one of them said to my wife "so have you heard about this"? My wife - "yup". One of the men - "are you interested in learning more"? My wife - "nope". I had two of our three dogs I was controlling but even given that couldn't find myself making eye contact or comments - if I started, it would not have gone well.

Anyway - my wife said to me "so, they really are a cult". Me - "yup". Then the kicker from her - "wow, they are such weak people".

My comment - "Yup".

She doesn't follow news and politics like I do and came to this conclusion so quickly.

There is just a dangerous, ominous undertone to what is going on around here. Of course, its been going on for some time - but it is more visible, and in your face.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215984386

This never happened. Nice try.

Offline Muddling 2

Re: A chat I had with my wife a few days ago on a hike when spotting. Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 10:15:34 AM »
This never happened. Nice try.

Most lies contain a nugget of truth.  I imagine they did see a truck; possibly the occupants.

The rest?  Pure fantasy. 

"Fulfilling the wish" as it were.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 10:24:49 AM »
Star Member NewHendoLib (55,469 posts)

A chat I had with my wife a few days ago on a hike when spotting a huge Lindell sign on a truck

near a trail head

:rotf: DU-grade Proggies tried to cancel and boycott Lindell and "My Pillow". :rotf:  :tongue: A buycott ensued, and appears to have done the usual swamping of Prog boycotts. :tongue: The buycott is not hate, it's an effective response to ProgHate. :tongue:  :rotf: Just like with Chick-fil-A. :tongue: Just like with Hobby Lobby. :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2021, 10:59:24 AM »
Quote from: Dumbass
huge Lindell sign on a truck

There has never been a huge Lindell sign in the history of the world, which precludes the presence of a huge Lindell sign on a truck.

Funny how whenever they're wearing a fedora and strumming a guitar in a feeble attempt to appear more soulful, there is ALWAYS a camera, yet when they stumble across "huge Lindell sign(s)" there is NEVER a camera.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2021, 11:00:44 AM »
Most lies contain a nugget of truth.  I imagine they did see a truck; possibly the occupants.

The rest?  Pure fantasy. 

Ah, you've mastered the art of interpreting DummieSpeak.  Congratulations!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 11:06:24 AM »
This NewHendoLib kook likely lives in Henderson Co., NC. He sounds like a real loser. I feel sorry for anyone who bumps into him or his nitwitted wife.

Living in Henderson Co for 30 years and I never ran into anyone while hiking who talked politics or asked me anything even close to what this nut is claiming. Major bouncy.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 11:14:04 AM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2021, 11:16:41 AM »
I had two of our three dogs I was controlling but even given that couldn't find myself making eye contact or comments - if I started, it would not have gone well.

WTF does that mean?  That you'd lose your temper and look like the DUmmie moran that you are?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2021, 11:24:31 AM »
This NewHendoLib kook likely lives in Henderson Co., NC. He sounds like a real loser. I feel sorry for anyone who bumps into him or his nitwitted wife.

Living in Henderson Co for 30 years and I never ran into anyone while hiking who talked politics or asked me anything even close to what this nut is claiming. Major bouncy.

In 10 years of doing running/walking events I've chatted with lots of people and spoken encouragement to more. I've NEVER spoken about politics, even once. I wouldn't spoil others' enjoyment and focus on their efforts - nor mine. The most political I get is in street events, making a point to thank police officers who are there doing traffic duty ... but I also thank volunteers at aid stations and course-marshaling.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2021, 01:30:21 PM »

The rest?  Pure fantasy. 

That's pretty much been my take as well. The things that they wish they'd said, the thing that would have made them feel like they won.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2021, 03:08:19 PM »
Ah, you've mastered the art of interpreting DummieSpeak.  Congratulations!

Oh, yeah.  Years at DI and Hide5.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2021, 03:44:44 PM »
Knowing the My Pillow guy's name is Frank Lindell, not Lindell Frank might have helped the credibility.  But not much. 

Somebody trying to top the OP..

Traildogbob (3,715 posts)
3. Good ole WNC

We gave the world Meadows and Cawthorn. Two hands on insurrectionist, traitors, Liars and outright assholes that love their Jesus. And the assholes here call em Patriots and hero’s. Really really stupid, not just illiterate, but outright stupid people. Whose lips are tightly attached to gubment teats for the checks. Dollar stores, gun stores and Churches thicker than fools at a Trump rally in Bama. To them, this is paradise, what else ya need, a Walmart, a dozen dollar stores, 3 dozen gun stores with Jesus signs all over them, and Churches everywhere. MurKKKa. The Churches have video pads attached to the back of every pew, streaming Fox during service.
And worshipping the billionaires that would not waste spit on any of them. The Forest are amazing, the people are brain dead. Southern hospitality 😂😂😂😂😂😂😆😆😆. I stay off trails, bushwhack everywhere. Most of them can’t get far from their trucks. Spent my career teaching Forest Management. Most of these “Hunters” in Walmart camo 24/7, dumb as a rock, ranting about killing bears, or anything that moves close to their trucks, would cry like a bitch if I made them walk too far up the mountains for Lab sessions. So I planned all those 6 hour labs as far up a slope and away from the School van as possible. If I were not surrounded by 1,000’s of acres of trailess Mountain Forest to play and hide in, I would be outta here. Ya know we have the most snake handling churches any where. Idiots, Cawthorn super fans.

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2021, 04:13:54 PM »
The only "cult" involved in this bouncy is the one the DUmbass and his wife belong to. That being where they posted this drek.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2021, 05:18:42 PM »
Traildogbob (3,715 posts)
3. Good ole WNC

We gave the world Meadows and Cawthorn. Two hands on insurrectionist, traitors, Liars and outright assholes that love their Jesus. And the assholes here call em Patriots and hero’s. Really really stupid, not just illiterate, but outright stupid people. Whose lips are tightly attached to gubment teats for the checks. Dollar stores, gun stores and Churches thicker than fools at a Trump rally in Bama. To them, this is paradise, what else ya need, a Walmart, a dozen dollar stores, 3 dozen gun stores with Jesus signs all over them, and Churches everywhere. MurKKKa. The Churches have video pads attached to the back of every pew, streaming Fox during service.

And worshipping the billionaires that would not waste spit on any of them. The Forest are amazing, the people are brain dead. Southern hospitality 😂😂😂😂😂😂😆😆😆. I stay off trails, bushwhack everywhere. Most of them can’t get far from their trucks. Spent my career teaching Forest Management. Most of these “Hunters” in Walmart camo 24/7, dumb as a rock, ranting about killing bears, or anything that moves close to their trucks, would cry like a bitch if I made them walk too far up the mountains for Lab sessions. So I planned all those 6 hour labs as far up a slope and away from the School van as possible. If I were not surrounded by 1,000’s of acres of trailess Mountain Forest to play and hide in, I would be outta here. Ya know we have the most snake handling churches any where. Idiots, Cawthorn super fans.

Such a pig crap filled post, and not one DU-member called out even one pig crap absurdity. For example, "The Churches have video pads attached to the back of every pew, streaming Fox during service." Where did those backwoods ignorami get the tech-chops to set of such a sophisticated system? Where did those backwoods ignorami get the $$ to buy so many thousands of $$ worth of equipment.