Author Topic: So I turned on CNN and MSNBC, at 6:00 AM EST  (Read 456 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
So I turned on CNN and MSNBC, at 6:00 AM EST
« on: October 25, 2021, 08:45:15 AM »
Star Member JohnSJ (80,299 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215980546

So I turned on CNN and MSNBC, at 6:00 AM EST, and the were headlining with the Baldwin "rust" shooting. Turned it off and rechecked an hour later. They were still talking about the shooting

Are they going to talk about the allegations of elected congress people being directly involved in the January 6th overthrow of our government?

While the shooting is tragic and should be mentioned, in the balance of issues that will have an impact on the American people, it doesn’t rate that high

Maybe they will bring back the issues with Britney Spears while they are at it

Is that really headline news?

While I am sure they will discuss members of Congress involvement in the insurrection, I would think that should have been the headline story

:mental:

Star Member hlthe2b (88,694 posts)

1. Joe S can't even bother to pronounce "ALEC" correctly--he keeps saying "Alex" though I know

he knows him personally from Alec's time working at MSNBC. And there is nothing that Mika loves better than to propel her own unearned self-sanctimony at others--especially those Joe finds offensive.

Uggh. Just turn it off as I did.

2. I see now they are talking about the insurrection, infrastructure bill, etc. but that should

have been the top of the hour headline I would have thought

Star Member obamanut2012 (21,432 posts)

5. Britney Spears 100% deserved all that media attention

It brought much needed scrutiny to a deplorable legal weapon used against people, especially women.

Star Member gab13by13 (4,957 posts)

7. Right wing billionaires own the MSM,

they control the narrative. If every cable news station were talking about the coup plotters that might put pressure on Garland to act and we can't have that.

I'm still waiting to find out who authorized the Capitol tours and who disabled the panic buttons on the desks. Gone into the dust bin of history.

:whatever:

Star Member argyl (2,900 posts)

20. Back in the days of Cronkite, Huntley and Brinkley, Reasoner,

and many others the only source of televised news was CBS, NBC, and ABC.
And the news wasn't expected to turn a buck. It usually lost money but it was considered a public service. And it was high quality, no nonsense reporting of the important issues of the day.

I doubt we'll ever see that kind of non partisan, straightforward news casting again. It's all about profit, and worse yet, propaganda.

Star Member SergeStorms (12,892 posts)

22. Yeah, republicans killed that era.....

when the Ronnie Rayguns administration deep sixed the "Fairness Doctrine". That paved the way for Rush Limbaugh and the takeover of AM radio.

I mean....what's all this nonsense about "fairness" anyway?  Fairness is a Democratic concept.

:thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright: :thatsright:

demosurvivor (4 posts)

19. I'm with you

2.5 hours later and they're still talking about RUST. Granted, it needs some attention, BUT, our democracy is being put on the line each and every day. And I don't see any progress in us making an attempt to keep it. WTF

In my book, that should take precedence.

Making sure Trump can never be elected again should be number 2, which brings it back around to Jan 6.

WTF 2x

Star Member KS Toronado (4,471 posts)

21. One thing that really irks me about MSM

when reporting on what's holding up new legislation that would benefit the public, they always point fingers
at Manchin & Sinema as the guilty ones, never the reQublicOns. I think the repugs are the most guilty.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: So I turned on CNN and MSNBC, at 6:00 AM EST
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 09:08:58 AM »
While I am sure they will discuss members of Congress involvement in the insurrection, I would think that should have been the headline story

Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2021, 09:30:39 AM »

So I turned on CNN and MSNBC, at 6:00 AM EST, and the were headlining with the Baldwin "rust" shooting. Turned it off and rechecked an hour later. They were still talking about the shooting

Are they going to talk about the allegations of elected congress people being directly involved in the January 6th overthrow of our government?

Nope, cause it the "allegations" are turning to doo-doo, and Mr. Baldwin gets to be the distraction.
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 10:25:55 AM »
1. Poor baby. :rotf:

2. The MSM have yammered "Insurrection!" incessantly for 9 months.

3. Poor baby. :rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 02:31:35 PM »
I’m at EPCOT at WDW right now and not a single person I’ve seen or heard was concerned about Jan. 6th or the fall of democracy. I have seen some shirts cheering on some guy named Brandon though.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 04:51:41 PM »
I’m at EPCOT at WDW right now and not a single person I’ve seen or heard was concerned about Jan. 6th or the fall of democracy. I have seen some shirts cheering on some guy named Brandon though..

Yep.  Without violent videos the KoolAid-drinkers get confused when explaining what they were told was supposed to be happening.  They sound like they're reviewing a Buster Keaton cop-movie. 

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 04:51:50 PM »
Twitter Blue Check Poses Conspiracy Theory: A Trump Supporter Loaded Alec Baldwin’s Gun

Liberal science publisher Johannes Josephus Marinus Velterop, who has a verified account on Twitter, posed without evidence on Friday that a supporter of former President Donald Trump secretly planted live ammunition in a prop gun actor and co-producer Alec Baldwin shot on the set of “Rust,” killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza.

Velterop’s conspiracy theory details a Trump supporter seeking revenge on Baldwin for making fun of Trump on “Saturday Night Live.” Again, there is no evidence for the floated theory.

“Might the prop gun have been secretly loaded with real bullets by a Trump supporter, to punish Alec Baldwin for his Trump parodies?” posed Velterop. “Should be a line of inquiry.”

After push-back online, Velterop doubled-down and suggested Trump supporters were dismissing his evidence-free theory because it’s “too close to the bone.”

“Why is it only MAGA-types that vehemently dismiss this as one of the possible causes?” he wrote. “Too close to the bone?”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/twitter-blue-check-conspiracy-theory-a-trump-supporter-loaded-alec-baldwins-gun

:mental: :mental: :mental:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline beefeater

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 05:06:51 PM »
Why do the DUnces continuously obsess over what the two lowest-rated, insignificant, cable outlets have to say?
The 2 combined have less influence than Comedy.TV which ranked dead last in a report which encompassed 115 networks.

Or as one court recently ruled...JUDGE FINDS RACHEL MADDOW HYPERBOLIC AND UNRELIABLE.
https://www.outkick.com/rachel-maddow-tucker-judge/#comments-section
My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2021, 05:09:35 PM »
Baldwin's set sounds too loonier-than-a-clown-college for something conspiratorial to happen without being accidentally foiled by some rando idiot doing something moronic.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2021, 05:10:04 PM »
Bernardo de La Paz (38,443 posts)
10. "If it bleeds, it leads the news". . . . nt
Dial H For Hero (1,665 posts)
41. An A-list actor shot 2 people and killed one of them. This story isn't going away.

How much coverage would there been of O. J. Simpson if he'd been an obscure athlete no one had heard of?
Hey DUmbasses, maybe just maybe this is why CNN and MSDNC led with the Baldwin shooting.
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2021, 05:35:55 PM »
...Liberal science publisher Johannes Josephus Marinus Velterop, who has a verified account on Twitter, posed without evidence on Friday that a supporter of former President Donald Trump secretly planted live ammunition in a prop gun actor and co-producer Alec Baldwin shot on the set of “Rust,” killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza.

Because a DU-level proglodyte like Alec Baldwin would willingly hire anybody to the right of Karl Marx for a project he was shooting. ( :fuelfire: too soon?  :hyper: )

Might the prop gun have been secretly loaded with real bullets by a Trump supporter, to punish Alec Baldwin for his Trump parodies?” posed Velterop. “Should be a line of inquiry.”

If the weapon in question was an actual "prop gun", you could load the damned thing with C-4 and it would still be incapable of firing jack shit, because it would be ENGINEERED to be incompatible with any live ammunition. No firing pin. Revolver hammer incapable of even alligning with a live primer. Cylinder and barrel bored so that any attempt to load live ammunition would just wedge/jam the cartridge and render the whole lash-up useless. That level of deliberate engineering.

Smells like CYA-desperation bullshit from all the way over here, leftists... :pokingpoop:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 05:47:32 PM by DefiantSix »
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ferrance

• Signing the Blue State Blues
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2021, 05:57:53 PM »
Smells like CYA-desperation bullshit from all the way over here, leftists...
Pretty much. There's a report in the LA Times that there were all kinds of safety issues on the set of Rust. (https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-22/alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set)
The Democratic party is longest running racist organization in the country. Going strong for over 200 years.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2021, 06:18:15 PM »

While the shooting is tragic and should be mentioned, in the balance of issues that will have an impact on the American people, it doesn’t rate that high

Maybe they will bring back the issues with Britney Spears while they are at it

Is that really headline news?

There are lots of things in the news that are newsworthy.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du