Author Topic: Marc can't resist name-dropping  (Read 241 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Marc can't resist name-dropping
« on: October 21, 2021, 10:53:33 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215969015

This is a thread by the long-time primitive Botany, alleging Joe "and his team" are doing a great job; much about nothing not worth bringing over.  But near the end:

DFW (44,367 posts)    Thu Oct 21, 2021, 10:51 AM

18. I have taken a break in the past, but not recently

I would not let the shriller voices drown out your own. Yes, there are the one-trick ponies (for trolling Republicans, that's "pony's" in Republicanese) with their own agendas, as if no others were worthy of consideration. One can ignore the posts without ignoring the posters (my personal preference, anyway). You never know when someone you thought you had no time for might unexpectedly have something interesting to say.

If a post has the word "corporate" or "corporatist" or "capitalism" in it, I just pass over it. If it has nothing but Bernie Sanders quotes, or praise for Nina Turner or anyone who supports her, I just pass over it. When the personal attacks on me for something I had (in my mind) not done got me in trouble, I bowed out for half a year, but that was in 2016, and it hasn't happened since (either that, or I was too stupid to take note of it).

By the way, I'm with you all the way on Jen Psaki--I think she is the best White House press secretary I have ever consciously been aware of, and I knew Pierre Salinger personally (he was an almost-neighbor, and was at the house visiting my dad a few times). That's how far I go back. Jen Psaki is what I think Aaron Sorkin originally had in mind for The West Wing, but figured anyone as good as she could never really exist in real life.

For those not well-versed in Camelot, Pierre Salinger was Kennedy's press secretary, then a U.S. Senator from California (defeated by Hollywood Republican George Murphy in 1964), and finally American ambassador to France under Johnson.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Re: Marc can't resist name-dropping
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 11:03:22 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215969015

This is a thread by the long-time primitive Botany, alleging Joe "and his team" are doing a great job; much about nothing not worth bringing over.  But near the end:

For those not well-versed in Camelot, Pierre Salinger was Kennedy's press secretary, then a U.S. Senator from California (defeated by Hollywood Republican George Murphy in 1964), and finally American ambassador to France under Johnson.

Marc, who is more or less the Fred Sanford of the ultra-wealthy, is an insufferable tool.

But I confess that I had to snicker when I saw the thread itself, in which DUmmies attempt to self-soothe by heaping praise on this fetid garbage dump of an Administration. Truly laughable.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.