Author Topic: As White Evangelical Vaccine Refusal Reminds Us, Sometimes Religion is the Probl  (Read 406 times)

Offline SVPete

As White Evangelical Vaccine Refusal Reminds Us, Sometimes Religion is the Problem

https://democraticunderground.com/100215678824

Tweet text:
Chrissy is fully vaccinated
@C_Stroop
I have evangelical vaccine refusers in my family, and I’ve covered the Christian Right beat for six years. I’m done sugarcoating things. Coddling Christian nationalists is a luxury Americans can no longer afford.

My latest, on evangelical vaccine refusal

As White Evangelical Vaccine Refusal Reminds Us, Sometimes Religion is the Problem
This week, you’re likely to encounter a lot of commentary on PRRI and Interfaith Youth Core’s new report on religious groups and vaccine acceptance, most of it optimistic. And to be sure, there are...
religiondispatches.org
9:48 AM · Jul 29, 2021

I dunno, I'm an Evangelical and vaxxed. I haven't heard much anti-vax talk around my church.

roamer65 (27,793 posts)

1. Fundamentalist religions are POISON.

It’s about time we start treating them that way.

The First Amendment is in your way, bigot.

3Hotdogs (6,250 posts)

3. Why don't they get that anti-vaxxint their sheeple is against their self-interest?

Dead sheeple don't tithe.

Republican leaders are starting to figure out that dead sheeple don't vote either.

Could someone diagram that post title sentence?

FoxNewsSucks (4,435 posts)

4. History shows

that organized religion is USUALLY the problem.

Really? What Religion caused the Vietnam War? Korea? World War 2? The Second Sino-Japanese War? World War 1? The Russo-Japanese War? The Spanish-American War? The First Sino-Japanese War? The Franco-Prussian War? The US Civil War? The Crimean War? The War of 1812? The Napoleonic Wars? Just off the top of my head and only going back to the 19th Century.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
roamer65 (27,793 posts)

1. Fundamentalist religions are POISON.

It’s about time we start treating them that way.

I sure hope that isn't a mole.

I'd hate to break one y'all's legs.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline landofconfusion80

https://democraticunderground.com/100215678824

I dunno, I'm an Evangelical and vaxxed. I haven't heard much anti-vax talk around my church.

The First Amendment is in your way, bigot.

Could someone diagram that post title sentence?

Really? What Religion caused the Vietnam War? Korea? World War 2? The Second Sino-Japanese War? World War 1? The Russo-Japanese War? The Spanish-American War? The First Sino-Japanese War? The Franco-Prussian War? The US Civil War? The Crimean War? The War of 1812? The Napoleonic Wars? Just off the top of my head and only going back to the 19th Century.
To be fair, northern Methodists were ardently anti slavery much to the consternation of Southern Democrat slave owners at the time. Slavery wasn't the only reason for the Civil War but it was part of it
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Why Many Black & Hispanic Americans Distrust COVID Vaccines

The two groups -- which have been disproportionately affected by the pandemic -- have followed safety precautions such as mask use and testing, but are hesitant about getting vaccinated.

To find out why, Rutgers University researchers interviewed 111 Black and Hispanic residents of low-income counties in New Jersey that had high rates of COVID-19 infections and deaths during the early stages of the pandemic.

"Fear, illness and loss experienced during the pandemic motivated them to intensely seek information and take safety precautions like wearing a mask, social distancing and washing hands to protect themselves and loved ones," said study co-author Dr. Manuel Jimenez, assistant professor of pediatrics, family medicine and community health at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School.

"However, participants did not trust the vaccine development process and wanted clearer information," he said in a university news release.

Difficulty finding testing sites, transportation issues and language barriers were among the problems reported by the study participants, particularly Hispanics.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-07-16/why-many-black-hispanic-americans-distrust-covid-vaccines
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."