Author Topic: I have noticed in talking to friends who have facebook (I Don't)  (Read 348 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Beachnutt (1,139 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215663420

I have noticed in talking to friends who have facebook (I Don't) that they are consumed with hate and discontent, I will be talking about something with them like planning on a trip to the beach or fishing or just any random thing and they always have negative and hateful things to say and I just steer them away from the hate talk.
I don't have facebook or watch faux and I really live a stress free life and have a positive attitude and look for good in everything...
In talking to friends see if you notice this.

:yawn:

Star Member PatSeg (38,408 posts)

3. I think it depends

on what kind of Facebook friends you have. Except for one close family member, my Facebook friends are liberal, open minded people. I don't accept every friend request and have kept my total number relatively low. Just like in my non-cyber life, my Facebook friends are people who share common interests with me, don't watch Fox, and are either Democratic or apolitical. I don't need the added stress of dealing with right-wing nuttery on my Facebook page.

Star Member Scrivener7 (37,371 posts)

4. I notice that with right wing people. They cannot have a conversation without throwing in

something that they think will "own the libs."

For example, I was having a nice text conversation with a few people where we were sharing pretty pictures of what we were seeing in a snow storm. The right winger among us had to make even THAT political.

They can't stop themselves.

Beachnutt (1,139 posts)

7. Your right, I was talking to a friend this morning

on her way to work (I steer her away from hate regularly) and she says oh I forgot I have to pay my toll bill, I said yes you need to because interest will accrue quick and she comes off with its funny how they let people out of prison but they'll get you for not paying your toll bill, I just changed to boy it looks like its going to be hot day today....
she probably had read some crap on facebook about someone being falsely imprisoned and released.

Thats just one example, it happens daily with about anyone I talk too.

:thatsright:

Star Member mopinko (60,180 posts)

14. funny

i have a lot of du'ers as fb friends. about half of them say the same about du.

:whatever:

Star Member luvs2sing (1,524 posts)

18. Hello. I am on Facebook, and I am consumed..

with neither hate or discontent. I stay in touch with my family and friends around the world on Facebook. I support causes I believe in and learn about events in my area that are aligned with my interests and beliefs. I am quick with the “Block” button and equally quick to report anything inappropriate. After that, I go back to enjoying such discontent-brewing things as Tobi’s new kittens, and Dave’s incredible garlic harvest, and Tai’s sabbatical in Estonia. I noticed from Melissa’s posts that she seemed depressed, and I arranged to meet her for a long walk and talk at a park which cheered both of us up immensely. For all the talk about algorithms, Facebook truly is what you make it.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Re: I have noticed in talking to friends who have facebook (I Don't)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 08:48:36 AM »
FIFY, DUmmie:

Beachnutt (1,139 posts)

I have noticed in talking to friends on Democratic Underground (I'm one of you!) that they are consumed with hate and discontent, I will be talking about something with them like planning on a trip to the beach or fishing or just any random thing and they always have negative and hateful things to say and I just encourage them to post more hate talk, because it turns me ON!

:rotf:  :tongue:  :tongue:  :tongue:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 08:27:23 AM »
Beachnutt (1,139 posts)

I have noticed in talking to friends who have facebook (I Don't) that they are consumed with hate and discontent,

And you never noticed that at The DUmp?

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 08:31:24 AM »
Social media is the down fall of the USA. Dip shits believe what they read without checking if it is true or just some bots or people pushing an agenda that has no connection with reality.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!