Author Topic: Michigan Legislature Eliminates Whitmer Emergency Power Law and She Can't Veto  (Read 581 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Some good news for a change.

I'm a native Michigander, though I haven't lived there in decades. I'm delighted to read that the Michigan legislature has gotten off their asses (the bulk of the work no doubt handled by regular folks) to shut down the law that Gretchen has abused to continue wielding her power.

Now, all they have to do is vote that scrunt out of office.

Michigan today can breathe a lil easier even if you are double or triple masked because Gov. Whitmer can no longer mandate you to wear that mask.

Last year when the COVID-19 hysteria was starting off, Governors all around the country dusted off archaic laws that were meant to be used for severe emergencies. They started to lock down states, shut businesses, and destroy a thriving national economy. Governor Whitmer here in the Great Lake State wasted no time in using her own dusty law and jumped right into her heavy-handed approach as I wrote about here last week.

Rest of the article at Redstate
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline DLR Pyro

I'm hoping this recall in california flushes out newscum and his emergency powers.

The fact that Larry Elder was reinstated on the ballot as a candidate in the california recall gives me a glimmer of hope.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 06:27:58 PM by DLR Pyro »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I'm hoping this recall in california flushes out newscum and his emergency powers.

The fact that Larry Elder was reinstated on the ballot as a candidate in the california recall gives me a glimmer of hope.

That particular lawsuit was decided very quickly. Was equally surprised to read that the judge determined that Elder didn't have to file copies of his income tax returns AT ALL, as this is a recall election, not a primary. Good for the judge! And Larry!

Now, what about a countersuit against the CA Secretary of State for failure to do her job properly, i.e., incompetence? Larry's got a massive uphill climb against the swarm of leftists he'll have to contend with if he wins the election - as I hope he does.

Offline DLR Pyro

That particular lawsuit was decided very quickly. Was equally surprised to read that the judge determined that Elder didn't have to file copies of his income tax returns AT ALL, as this is a recall election, not a primary. Good for the judge! And Larry!

Now, what about a countersuit against the CA Secretary of State for failure to do her job properly, i.e., incompetence? Larry's got a massive uphill climb against the swarm of leftists he'll have to contend with if he wins the election - as I hope he does.
The law that the sec of state thought she was following was a bullshit law that the democrat controlled california legislature enacted a few years back with the sole purpose of keeping President Trump out of the 2020 primary election if he didn't submit his tax returns (remember that dead horse the left keeps on beating?).  President Trump sued in 2019 and prevailed after the california Supreme Court ruled the law was invalid (https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/21/politics/california-tax-returns-trump/index.html) so the law should not even be on the books anymore.

Larry does have a hill to climb but this debacle backfired on the dems and put his name out in the news for several cycles in a good way and gives california voters a solid candidate as governor.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
The law that the sec of state thought she was following was a bullshit law that the democrat controlled california legislature enacted a few years back with the sole purpose of keeping President Trump out of the 2020 primary election if he didn't submit his tax returns (remember that dead horse the left keeps on beating?).  President Trump sued in 2019 and prevailed after the california Supreme Court ruled the law was invalid (https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/21/politics/california-tax-returns-trump/index.html) so the law should not even be on the books anymore.

Larry does have a hill to climb but this debacle backfired on the dems and put his name out in the news for several cycles in a good way and gives california voters a solid candidate as governor.

Yep, I did read that about keeping Trump off the ballot in CA, and how the lawsuit made the leftists look stupid. Larry's always impressed me with his ability to quote statistics and facts, something that most leftists can't do. I'd also say that Larry was singularly responsible for bringing Dave Rubin toward the right (by his own admission he was a lefty). The interview those two had was masterful and I put that right on Larry Elder.

He'll be a great governor -- if he gets there.