Author Topic: "This time you are staying home, not us." Macron's Message to France  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215644905

UncleTomsEvilBrother (845 posts)

"This time you are staying home, not us." Macron's Message to France

[link:http://then24.com/2021/07/20/this-time-you-are-staying-at-home-not-us-macrons-message-to-those-who-do-not-want-to-be-vaccinated-in-france/|

French President Emmanuel Macron announced strong measures to combat a new wave of COVID-19 infections and allow a safe reopening. Those who refuse to be vaccinated will not be able to go to public places. “This time you are staying at home, not us”, the president said during a message.

We recommend you: France will give ‘cultural bonus’ of 300 euros to all 18-year-olds

Among other measures, the French government will force health workers to get vaccinated. This is due to the fact that vaccination levels among this sector are worryingly low: only 45% of the personnel who work in nursing homes for the elderly were fully vaccinated.

*snip*
“I am in favor of the French line right now. I no longer have any intention of sacrificing my life, my time, my freedom and the adolescence of my daughters, as well as their right to study properly for those who refuse to be vaccinated. This time you are staying at home, not us ”.

Of course the fascists are all on board with this.  I hope the people of France simply disobey just like I hope they do in this country.

lagomorph777 (24,048 posts)

1. He's pissed.

And he is 100% right.

TxGuitar (3,337 posts)

2. Yep, I'm down with that.

My mantra about the unvaccinated (the ones that can be vaccinated but don't get it) is "play stupid games win stupid prizes". I don't have any sympathy for them at all (again, excluding those who through other health considerations are unable to get vaccinated).

roamer65 (27,538 posts)

4. I love this guy.

BeyondGeography (36,854 posts)

5. Taunt the friggin taunters

Shame the shameful.

They need more of that.

Got news for you, you can't shame me for making my own medical decision.  Not going to happen.

liberalla (6,331 posts)

6. That is bold and smart! Hopefully others will follow his lead.

KS Toronado (3,431 posts)

11. Yes, if other countries follow Macron's lead...

it'll make it a lot easier for Biden to implement something similar.

No, no it won't.  People are done with it and it's time to get the economy going again.

orangecrush (11,719 posts)

10. I can hear the wailing of the wingnuts

If the outbreaks of Delta worsen, and this is done here.

No, no wailing.  Just civil disobedience, which is my right as an American.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Re: "This time you are staying home, not us." Macron's Message to France
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 10:53:15 AM »
Dear DUmbasses,

MY body, MY choice.

Eat a bowl of dicks.

**** you very much,

CMD
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 11:19:26 AM »
OK, so Francois goes to the cafe', claiming to be vaxxed. What counterfeit-resistant and not time-wasting proof can he show to prove his claim? And what cafe' will willingly make itself obnoxious by asking every potential customer if they've been vaxxed and for proof of having been vaxxed.

This cannot work. Unvaxxed people made their risk-benefit choices. Let them live with their choice. They are minimal or no risk to the vaxxed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 12:08:39 PM »
Dear DUmbasses,

MY body, MY choice.

Eat a bowl of dicks.

**** you very much,

CMD

:cheersmate: :cheersmate: :cheersmate: :cheersmate: :cheersmate: :cheersmate:

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 12:17:06 PM »
A photo ID to vote is too onerous, but proof you received multiple vaccinations over the course of weeks just to be allowed to live a normal life is demanded.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 12:50:40 PM »
Maybe they can impeach Trump again...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 01:00:43 PM »
Maybe they can impeach Trump again...

:popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 01:10:40 PM »
A photo ID to vote is too onerous, but proof you received multiple vaccinations over the course of weeks just to be allowed to live a normal life is demanded.

They could make it easy and just have those who haven't taken The Shots wear some kind of symbol indicating as much. Like a number, or a circle or a star or something. Something colorful, so it can be seen from a long ways off, like yellow or something...

Hmmm, and maybe railroad cars or something, to take these people to safe locations, where they won't be a danger to infect the immunized, protected population...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 02:25:58 PM »
roamer65 (27,538 posts)

4. I love this guy.

So move to France
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SVPete

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 03:25:25 PM »
So move to France

Does France have a high tolerance for social parasites?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2021, 03:28:00 PM »
Does France have a high tolerance for social parasites?

Yes, to the point No-Go zones have formed inside of Paris.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2021, 04:17:58 PM »

You also have to provide a photo ID for the Vaccination as well so racist or something. :o
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2021, 04:47:31 PM »

Unquote

Seems to me, once upon a time, dissent was patriotic..
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2021, 05:31:49 PM »

Unquote

Seems to me, once upon a time, dissent was patriotic..
The rule is simple: Dissent is patriotic, but only under a Republican president. At all other times, blind obedience is required.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2021, 06:04:32 PM »
The rule is simple: Dissent is patriotic, but only under a Republican president. At all other times, blind obedience is required.

what ever happened to "RESIST!"
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2021, 08:50:55 PM »
I see the Vaccscists of DU are letting their tyrrany flag fly free for all to see.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2021, 09:07:32 PM »
My wife's new shirt
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2021, 10:37:22 PM »
Predictions see a lamppost shortage in France in the near future.  Buy now.  Rope too.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2021, 09:03:06 AM »
Looking at Worldometers, France is experiencing a bump in new cases, but not in deaths. Maybe France should have:

* Aided Sanofi's vaccine development effort;

* Ass-kicked EU bureaucrats into negotiating vaccine purchase contracts in summer 2020 instead of winter 2020, you know, like Trump did;

* Ass-kicked EU bureaucrats into preparing for effective and efficient vaccine distribution, again, like Trump did;

* Ass-kicked EU bureaucrats into authorizing vaccines in a timely way;

* Done all this ass-kicking under the pre-prepared threat of doing all that purchasing, authorizing, and distributing on their own;

* Not participated in the EU's early denigration of the safety and effectiveness of the (British) AstraZeneca vaccine, which had the utterly predictable effect of undermining acceptance of all Covid vaccines.

Just a few examples of French mishandling and bungling that to a significant degree underlie their current bump in new cases.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2021, 09:15:21 AM »
Looking at Worldometers, France is experiencing a bump in new cases, but not in deaths. Maybe France should have:

* Aided Sanofi's vaccine development effort;

* Ass-kicked EU bureaucrats into negotiating vaccine purchase contracts in summer 2020 instead of winter 2020, you know, like Trump did;

* Ass-kicked EU bureaucrats into preparing for effective and efficient vaccine distribution, again, like Trump did;

* Ass-kicked EU bureaucrats into authorizing vaccines in a timely way;

* Done all this ass-kicking under the pre-prepared threat of doing all that purchasing, authorizing, and distributing on their own;

* Not participated in the EU's early denigration of the safety and effectiveness of the (British) AstraZeneca vaccine, which had the utterly predictable effect of undermining acceptance of all Covid vaccines.

Just a few examples of French mishandling and bungling that to a significant degree underlie their current bump in new cases.

Not to denigrate the vaccines, at all, but to me the only thing that really matters about this whole thing is 2 things;

1.  How many need to be hospitalized (so we don't overload the healthcare industry)

2.  How many actual deaths DIRECTLY ATTRIBUTABLE to the disease are there

Those 2 factors are the only things that matter to me.  There are hundreds of thousands of cases of the flu every year (except since they started calling them COVID), and there are 10's of thousands to 100k+ deaths each year, but we don't do the crap we've done for this disease for the flu.

As to #2 above, we've seen how profitable it was for the hospitals to declare a death COVID, and I learned in the last 6 months that it was profitable for the American populace as well since the federal government is giving up to $9k in burial assistance, as was received by MM who had just received a HUGE inheritance (which he FINALLY thanked his parents for on DU yesterday for).

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Karin

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2021, 09:54:54 AM »
The more they frantically and incessantly shriek about this vax, the more suspicious it makes me that there's "something" in it. 

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2021, 10:24:54 AM »
The more they frantically and incessantly shriek about this vax, the more suspicious it makes me that there's "something" in it.

I don't know about something being in it, but it is extremely odd how hard they are pressing for this.

KC

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2021, 10:59:01 AM »

The ingredients lists for the three vaccines authorized for use in the US can be found by searching, "______ ingredients list". And please don't go for the ludicrous "microchip"-in-the-vaccines CT. I've seen IC dice, and I've seen the hypodermic needles used for vaccine injections. The dice for even the simplest ICs could not fit through the needle. Among other impossibilities.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2021, 04:53:25 PM »

It's kind of strange to me, but from anecdotal evidence, young people seem to have the worst side effects from the vaccines.