Author Topic: China concealed Fukien Lung Fungus for months? TRUMP'S FAULT!  (Read 760 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
WarGamer (2,133 posts)

China's got some explaining to do.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.14.21260491v1

In summary,

Cancer Hospital in Milan restests blood samples from October 2019 and finds possible COVID-19 antibodies.

The first "Official" COVID-19 case in EU was 2/20.

FWIW, Milan is a direct hub from the Wuhan Province because a great number of the employees at the textile plants and fashion houses are Chinese nationals.

Questions keep stacking up.

Apparently China tried to keep this secret for 2 months. The origin is unclear.

A 2-Month head start would have saved millions. Don't forget, the virus was sequenced quickly... months later.

This ain't over. The books and movies are going to be epic.

Note: personal thoughts... I think the US Gov't and Trump must have known about this prior to January 2020. The IC literally knows everything everywhere at any time.

I think Trump so treasured trade relations with China that he ignored intel reports and "believed/trusted" Xi.

I seem to remember Trump's policies towards China being rather adversarial. Some even accused Trump of xenophobia.

Now, the Biden family, however...

The Magistrate (91,171 posts)

1. Assumes Knowledge Not In Evidence, Sir

The doctors in Milan did not notice anything in October.

Why should it be assumed the Chinese noticed at that time anything out of the ordinary variance of respiratory ailments

Seeing as most patients are asymptomatic, why would they look for anything? Meanwhile, the actually contagious carriers were out and about, spreading the disease like Kamala Harris looking for a job.

lagomorph777 (24,093 posts)

2. Even if all that is true, you won't get Trump off the hook for genocide.

Knowing what we know now, (or, frankly, what we knew then), if Biden had been President in late 2019/early 2020, hundreds of thousands of Americans would still be alive. The blood is on Trump's hands and he must pay dearly.

WarGamer (2,133 posts)

3. Who says I'm trying to get Trump off the hook for anything?

Strange comment.

lagomorph777 (24,093 posts)

6. That's generally what posts like this look like.

Priorities.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215646389
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: China concealed Fukien Lung Fungus for months? TRUMP'S FAULT!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 02:10:46 PM »
Leftists are continually trying to control the narrative as their former lies begin to unravel before their eyes, and even worse, the eyes of everyone else who’s more invested in knowing the truth over protecting leftist ideology. It’s just a matter of time before it blows up. Whether anything changes as a result of that is always the mystery to yet unfold.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 03:01:59 PM »
Last I remember reading over at the DUmp was "Trump is going to get us in a war with China!!"

My how times change.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 03:05:45 PM »
WarGamer (2,133 posts)

China's got some explaining to do.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.14.21260491v1

In summary,

Cancer Hospital in Milan restests blood samples from October 2019 and finds possible COVID-19 antibodies.

The first "Official" COVID-19 case in EU was 2/20...

...Apparently China tried to keep this secret for 2 months. The origin is unclear.

Good to see those DUmbshit mathematicians are just as sharp as ever...  :whatever:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 03:09:11 PM »
1. Are DUpipo so utterly ignorant that it is news to them that the SARS-CoV-2 virus was in circulation outside of China weeks before news the Wuhan outbreak was leaked to the outside world (December 31, 2019)?

2. What "intel reports"? Trump learned of what are now called the SARS-CoV-2 virus and Covid-19 when the rest of the world did, no earlier than December 31, 2019.

3. How many threads are there on DU blasting Trump for xenophobia and racism when he shut down travel to and from China?

Apparently China tried to keep this secret for 2 months. The origin is unclear.

A 2-Month head start would have saved millions. Don't forget, the virus was sequenced quickly... months later.

There is evidence from cell phone location and usage data showing that the relevant area of the WVI had a ~2 week gap of zero usage in mid October. So China at least kept a lab contamination and clean-up event secret for 2 1/2 months.

What is now called the SARS-CoV-2 virus was sequenced by at least one lab in Wuhan by December 30th or 31st. A university professor, probably without government approval, gave the virus sequence to the outside world on January 10th (the same day a Chinese lab produced a test for the virus, BTW). China kept the sequence secret for nearly two weeks. Moderna had its prototype vaccine designed and lab production started within a few days of the sequence becoming known. Had China informed the world of the sequence promptly, Moderna would have been at that stage some 10 days earlier. BioNTech is less talkative, but they use the same technology as Moderna, and probably were at the same stage of development around the same time.

Alternative history is fraught with uncertainties, but had China been transparent, truthful (China lied about having evidence of human-human transmission until January 20), and timely, treatments, (obviously imperfect) preventive measures, and vaccine authorizations could all have happened 2-6 weeks earlier. Vaccine authorizations happened in early-mid December. UK and US daily new cases data on Worldometers probably begin reflecting the effects of vaccinations in January or February. Imagine how vaccinations would have impacted the November-January surge had vaccinations begun 2 or 4 weeks earlier!

DUpipo want some way to pretzellate reality to blame Trump for Covid deaths, but a wealth of facts contradict their desires. In the real world, the Trump Administration, executive branch agencies, and pharmaceuticals companies all responded in an aggressively timely way. Had Hillary been President the US would still be waiting for testing and approval of AstraZeneca's and BioNTech's (plus or minus Pfizer) vaccines, with Moderna, J&J, and Novavax far behind. At best, because even AZ and BioNTech/Pfizer benefitted from some Trump actions.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 03:10:09 PM »
BTW, Wuhan is in Hubei Province, not Fujian (Fukien) Province.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 03:16:15 PM »
Quote from:
lagomorph777

Knowing what we know now, (or, frankly, what we knew then), if Biden had been President in late 2019/early 2020, hundreds of thousands of Americans would still be alive.

And if Gore had been elected in 2000, 9/11 would have never happened.

And if Carter and been re-elected in 1980, AIDS wouldn't have happened and there would be no global warming.

And if Humphrey had beat Nixon in 1968, the Vietnam war would have ended in 1969.

They keep pushing the same stupid narrative forward; the immature conclusion that if Dems had been in office, nothing bad would ever happen. An extension of that is when something does go wrong under Dems, it's always the R's fault. Leftists aren't able to process anything beyond "us good, them bad". Such a simpleminded way to go through life.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 03:23:24 PM by USA4ME »

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 03:20:34 PM »
They keep pushing the same stupid narrative forward; the immature conclusion that if Dems had been in office, nothing bad would ever happen. An extension of that is when something does go wrong under Dems, it's always the R's fault. Leftists are able to process anything beyond "us good, them bad". Such a simpleminded way to go through life.

These imbeciles are a propagandist's wet dream. No wonder the MSM uses them as their base audience...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 03:24:57 PM »
These imbeciles are a propagandist's wet dream. No wonder the MSM uses them as their base audience...

Agreed!

BTW, I typed "are able" instead of "aren't able", but just now changed it in my post.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 03:27:08 PM »
BTW, Wuhan is in Hubei Province, not Fujian (Fukien) Province.

Yeah, but it doesn't roll off the tongue the same way.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2021, 04:15:51 PM »
And if Gore had been elected in 2000, 9/11 would have never happened.

And if Carter and been re-elected in 1980, AIDS wouldn't have happened and there would be no global warming.

And if Humphrey had beat Nixon in 1968, the Vietnam war would have ended in 1969.

They keep pushing the same stupid narrative forward; the immature conclusion that if Dems had been in office, nothing bad would ever happen. An extension of that is when something does go wrong under Dems, it's always the R's fault. Leftists aren't able to process anything beyond "us good, them bad". Such a simpleminded way to go through life.

The way they talk about their party and their idols reminds me of how some despotic countries try to present themselves. Nothing bad ever happened. We are infallible. Anything bad was due to our enemies sabotaging us.

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2021, 05:42:34 PM »
Trump caused all the deaths everywhere, and he created COVID himself...and...and...and everything bad everywhere is Trump's fault. :mental:

lagomorph777 (24,130 posts)

18. China may have some responsibility. Trump has vastly more responsibility.

Attempts to emphasize and blame the Chinese appear to me, as attempts to distract from the bigger culprit, who actually caused most of the millions of deaths.

Starting from the point where we saw what was happening, we could have stopped this thing almost dead in its tracks, here, and (by example) around the world, long enough to make and deliver vaccines. Our government, for decades a leader in such matters, fell flat on its face because of the deliberate actions by Trump to make the pandemic as bad as possible.

All of that could have been done, regardless of any possible Chinese coverup.

It's probably not a coincidence that Trump laid a lot of the groundwork for a pandemic "from China," well in advance. He is the one who pulled our monitors from the Wuhan lab. That is not a coincidence. He is the one who shut down the White House pandemic response team. That is not a coincidence. Trump planned and executed a strategy of genocide by pandemic. Frankly, it's possible he had our departing Wuhan team plant something on the way out the door.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2021, 05:44:56 PM »
A year-and-a-half ago, while China was lying about transmissability, and the WHO was covering for China, AND we knew VERY little about the virus, Trump was supposed to keep it out of the country. Or, at least keep cases from exploding. NOW, when we know about transmissability, and a lot more, why hasn't Joementia been able to keep the Delta and Lambda variants out of the country????

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2021, 06:00:04 PM »
A year-and-a-half ago, while China was lying about transmissability, and the WHO was covering for China, AND we knew VERY little about the virus, Trump was supposed to keep it out of the country. Or, at least keep cases from exploding. NOW, when we know about transmissability, and a lot more, why hasn't Joementia been able to keep the Delta and Lambda variants out of the country????

because Orange man bad,  duh
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2021, 07:03:52 PM »
Isn't labeling the variants Delta, Gamma, etc suggest they are Greek in origin? Isn't that anti-Helene? 🤔

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2021, 07:57:11 PM »
Trump forced the NY governor to put covid people in retirement homes to kill off all those retired blue voters. Bank on it.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2021, 08:07:28 AM »
Just to show any onlurking DUmmies, I'm going to footnote the fact claims in my post above. I could do it in many/every Covid-related post, but readability would be horrible.

There is evidence from cell phone location and usage data showing that the relevant area of the WVI had a ~2 week gap of zero usage in mid October. 1 So China at least kept a lab contamination and clean-up event secret for 2 1/2 months. 2

What is now called the SARS-CoV-2 virus was sequenced by at least one lab in Wuhan by December 30th or 31st. 3 A university professor, probably without government approval, gave the virus sequence to the outside world on January 10th 4 (the same day a Chinese lab produced a test for the virus, BTW 5). China kept the sequence secret for nearly two weeks. Moderna had its prototype vaccine designed and lab production started within a few days of the sequence becoming known. 6 Had China informed the world of the sequence promptly, Moderna would have been at that stage some 10 days earlier. BioNTech is less talkative, but they use the same technology as Moderna, and probably were at the same stage of development around the same time.

Alternative history is fraught with uncertainties, but had China been transparent, truthful (China lied about having evidence of human-human transmission until January 20 7), and timely, treatments, (obviously imperfect) preventive measures, and vaccine authorizations could all have happened 2-6 weeks earlier. Vaccine authorizations happened in early-mid December 8. UK and US daily new cases data on Worldometers probably begin reflecting the effects of vaccinations in January or February 9. Imagine how vaccinations would have impacted the November-January surge had vaccinations begun 2 or 4 weeks earlier!

DUpipo want some way to pretzellate reality to blame Trump for Covid deaths, but a wealth of facts contradict their desires. In the real world, the Trump Administration, executive branch agencies, and pharmaceuticals companies all responded in an aggressively timely way 10. Had Hillary been President the US would still be waiting for testing and approval of AstraZeneca's and BioNTech's (plus or minus Pfizer) vaccines, with Moderna, J&J, and Novavax far behind. At best, because even AZ and BioNTech/Pfizer benefitted from some Trump actions.

1 https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/report-says-cellphone-data-suggests-october-shutdown-wuhan-lab-experts-n1202716

2 https://www.bjnews.com.cn/news/2019/12/31/668421.html , https://www.ccdi.gov.cn/toutiao/202003/t20200319_213880.html (both, Chinese language; China is on the other side of the International dateline, so 12/31 in China probably was 12/30 in the US)

3 https://www.caixinglobal.com/2020-02-29/in-depth-how-early-signs-of-a-sars-like-virus-were-spotted-spread-and-throttled-101521745.html

4 https://virological.org/t/novel-2019-coronavirus-genome/319

5 https://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-04/06/c_138951662.htm

6 https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/12/moderna-covid-19-vaccine-design.html

7 The section titled "China lied to the world, denying it had evidence of human-to-human transmission of the Covid-19 corona virus long after it was known to Wuhan doctors and officials. The World Health Organization repeated China's lies, lending the lies credibility." here, https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,412910.0.html , documents this almost day by day.

8 https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-takes-key-action-fight-against-covid-19-issuing-emergency-use-authorization-first-covid-19 , https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-celebrate-historic-first-authorization ; https://investors.modernatx.com/news-releases/news-release-details/moderna-announces-fda-authorization-moderna-covid-19-vaccine-us , https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-takes-additional-action-fight-against-covid-19-issuing-emergency-use-authorization-second-covid

9 https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

10 These are samples, not exhaustive: https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,412484.0.html , https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,412485.0.html

Unlike DUpipo, when it comes to matters Covid, I usually can document my fact claims with news articles. I recognized in late January, 2020, that Pelosi's Shampeachment 1.0 was going down to defeat, and that Dems would be looking for new things to politicize. It occurred to me that what became known as Covid-19 was a likely candidate for politicization, and I was correct. So I started collecting Covid-related news stories and, well, I'm an information pack rat.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 08:34:36 AM by SVPete »