Author Topic: If Jim Jordan is permitted on the select committee the rules need to be changed  (Read 403 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member dsc (50,260 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215644836

If Jim Jordan is permitted on the select committee the rules need to be changed

Currently a member gets x minutes (usually 5) for both questions and answers which gives both the questioner and the answerer an incentive to filibuster and in the case of the answerer not answering what they were asked.

My proposal would be the following.

Members are given x minutes for questions only or a set number of questions. Members can't interrupt answers but the chair can determine an answer isn't germane and stop an answer. First time member interrupts, warning, Second time member interrupts the same witness, they are done for that witness. This would stop the Jordan filibusters and interrupting of witnesses.

Oh, yeah... it would totally stop the opposition from actually taking part in any questioning as the Chair would simply say, "That's not germane to the hearing" and shut the questioner down. Why even pretend to be fair?

Star Member JohnSJ (78,571 posts)

1. Jim Jordan was part of the insurrection, and voted not to certify the election, but even worse comments already made by Jordan and others on that committee blaming Pelosi for the insurrection, along with BLM, and every other distraction unrelated to the storming of the capital on January 6th, are more than enough reasons why they should not be part of the committee.

If Pelosi allows that, it will devolve into an circus with those republicans having no intention to try and discover how things got so out of hand, why the Capital was left unsecured, and why it took so long to have the National Guard employed, etc.

Instead they will interrupt, distract, and do everything to disrupt the proceedings. They have said as much.

It will be a very bad mistake if this is allowed to happen.

:yawn:

Star Member dsc (50,260 posts)

2. that is why the rule against interrupting must be enforced

honestly, I don't see them replacing Jordan with anyone better. So, let him be on it, but have strict rules that are strictly enforced. I can't ban kids who don't like math or school from my classroom but I can have rules and enforce them.

clementine613 (422 posts)

3. Why are we allowing ANY Rethugs on the committee?

They were all complicit in what happened. This is like allowing a murderer who is on trial to serve on his own jury.

:bird:

Star Member Jim__ (12,824 posts)

4. They definitely need new rules to bring back order to hearings.

Members consistently violating rules need to be removed from the session.

At yesterday's Senate hearing with Dr Fauci, even after Rand's time was up and the chair person allowed Dr Fauci to respond, Rand continued to talk over Dr Fauci. The experts responses are being talked over by idiots.

:whatever:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

Star Fascist dsc (50,260 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100215644836

If Jim Jordan is permitted on the select committee the rules need to be changed

Yeppers! Gotta suppress facts Trump-Hating Dems don't want known!

But go ahead! Silence Jordan! Even the MSM won't be able to pretzellate that into a good thing, and some may call out the resulting show trial for what it is.

The First Rule of Holes is that when you find yourself in one, stop digging. The Dems and Prog MSM are digging with an excavator! :rotf:  :tongue:  :fuelfire:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

Star Member Jim__ (12,824 posts)

4. They definitely need new rules to bring back order to hearings.

Members consistently violating rules need to be removed from the session.

At yesterday's Senate hearing with Dr Fauci, even after Rand's time was up and the chair person allowed Dr Fauci to respond, Rand continued to talk over Dr Fauci. The experts responses are being talked over by idiots.

Why are you more concerned with Dr. Paul's talking over Fauci than Fauci's dishonesty?

Offline DLR Pyro

They were all complicit in what happened. This is like allowing a murderer who is on trial to serve on his own jury.

Did I miss a news headline where the presumption of innocence before being proven guilty is no longer the standard in this Country?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 09:57:38 AM by DLR Pyro »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running

Hey retard.

Defendants are allowed to cross-examine all witnesses and call their own.

If you intend this to be some sort of verdict-issuing exercise, please note the accuser is not allowed to render judgement.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline ADsOutburst

Hey retard.

Defendants are allowed to cross-examine all witnesses and call their own.

If you intend this to be some sort of verdict-issuing exercise, please note the accuser is not allowed to render judgement.

I wonder if that DU poster realizes that the defense does in fact get to participate in jury selection, and ask prospective jurors about possible bias and ability to be fair-minded about the case. Like, I don't know, have the would-be jurors already decided the event in question was caused by Donald Trump, and have they been inundated with news coverage saying as much?

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
Did I miss a news headline where the presumption of innocence before being proven guilty is no longer the standard in this Country?

Yes. When democraps are in charge, it's the seriousness of the accusation that matters. Therefore, Republicans guilty, because, something...all democraps innocent because of Republican lies.

There ya go..
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline Mary Ann

Gosh, I wish this DUmmy's rules had been in place when Jayapal was questioning (lecturing) Bill Barr.