Author Topic: Germany walks out of Olympics match after racist attacks by Honduras team  (Read 586 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
cinematicdiversions (592 posts)

Germany walks out of Olympics match after racist attacks by Honduras team.
Shame on Honduras. Such overt racism has no place in the Olympics. Good for Germany for standing up for what is right.

WAKAYAMA, Japan (AP) — Germany’s Olympic soccer team walked off the field during a preparation match for the Tokyo Games on Saturday in response to alleged racist abuse from an opposing Honduras player toward German defender Jordan Torunarigha.

The players left the field together with five minutes remaining in the game after Torunarigha was “racially insulted,” the German soccer federation said on Twitter.

“If one of our players is racially abused, it’s not an option for us to keep playing,” Germany coach Stefan Kuntz said.“It was hard to get him in, he was terribly upset because he said he was repeatedly racially abused,” Kuntz continued. “For us it’s clear, this violates our values, we cannot tolerate it. We’ll take our player completely under our protection.”

Racism (ray-siz-um) noun A phenomenon that started in 1981 at the inauguration of Ronald Reagan, skipped the years 1993-2000, reappeared in 2001, disappeared again in 2009, and reformed in 2017. Uniquely American phenomenon - no other country in the world is racist or has racists living there.

(Phil Leotardo voice, gesturing to Germany: "Martin Luther King ova here")

Seriously - GERMANY complaining about racism? When other countries forced you to build grim museums of your own racism and hatred, you might want to sit a few out. Might be a few bloodstains left in Munich to clean up, anyway.

Back to the point: DU still believes that racism is an American creation.

Star Member DFW (43,184 posts)
3. After Berlin in 1936, German athletes have tried to show exemplary behavior at the Olympics

I wonder what the Hondureños were thinking when they brought this guy along with them. They must have known about him before they let him board the plane. Did they think he would remain quiet, or that no one would notice? German citizens born in Africa, Asia or the Middle East hardly raise eyebrows any more in most of Germany. If members of a soccer team from Central America aren't aware of that, it sure as hell isn't the Germans' fault.

Yeah, just that ONE guy.

Traildogbob (3,147 posts)
5. Not the first

I have watched a lot of soccer over the last 2+ months. Many international tournaments and Friendly matches. (I so love commercial free) Multiple times games were temporarily halted because of fans chanting racial slurs at opposing players. The world has been “trumped”. Fans could not wait to return to live games, and this is how they act. Invisible Sky spirit mist be so proud of his image.

Champp (611 posts)
7. Republican "values" Honduras style

As role models, the Republicans have pissed upon and poisoned the very ideas of decency, honesty, and respect. Wanker slobs around the world--like this Honduran a-hole--have taken notice, and mindlessly mimic Republican boorishness.

DUmmies: you claim to be world travelers. Please, do us all a favor and spend some time in, say, Seoul, and tell me if racism only exists in the US.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline ADsOutburst

Typical DU circular logic. The question isn't "Why are things the way they are?", but rather "How does Trumpism/republicanism explain the way things are?"

Offline SVPete

Let me guess ... a Hispanic Honduran racially insulted a black player on the German team. If I'm correct, it kind of messes with Prog- and DU-Dogma that only whites can be racist. Too bad Pretzellation and Mental Gymnastics aren't Olympic sports. DUpipo would dominate those medal platforms.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
These Hondurans sound pretty racist.

We should keep them out of the country.

:fuelfire:
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Meh, it's soccer....in the olympics. My giveadamnometer doesn't register when it comes to a minor thing like that.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 02:03:52 PM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Mr Mannn

Jordan Torunarigha is a Black guy.
Soccer Lives Matter.

Offline SVPete

Yeah, "Torunarigha" doesn't exactly sound Germanic.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
You mean Latinos and blacks sometimes don’t get along and generally don’t like each other? I thought they all understood they were collectively being abused by the whites and they are all to cooperate as one in that regard.

That must explain why even when I was in HS the worst fights were always between groups of Latinos and groups of blacks. It’s was all the love they had for each other. How could I miss something that obvious?

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ExGeeEye

• We don't need another
  • Spread the work ethic; the wealth will follow.
Yeah, "Torunarigha" doesn't exactly sound Germanic.

Wasn't that a character on "Futurama"?
My CCW permit was issued in 1791.

Charter Member: Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy
Associate Member: Basket of Deplorables
Charter Member: Listless Vessels

Online 67 Rover

You mean Latinos and blacks sometimes don’t get along and generally don’t like each other? I thought they all understood they were collectively being abused by the whites and they are all to cooperate as one in that regard.

That must explain why even when I was in HS the worst fights were always between groups of Latinos and groups of blacks. It’s was all the love they had for each other. How could I miss something that obvious?

When you get right down to the root of the problem the asnswer is climate change.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline freedumb2003b

Both groups (blacks and Latinos) are taught from birth that welfare is a zero sum game. So the more the other group gets the less you get.

They hate each other much more than they hate whites.

Especially since trannies knocked then down a notch on the victimhood totem pole.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

When you get right down to the root of the problem the asnswer is climate change.
And Trump.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.